PDA

View Full Version : Detail packages and pricing help!!!!

muscleman
03-12-2014, 05:37 PM
I have finally got all my supplies , products , and business cards in order. All i need now is a list of packages and prices i have read forums on here but dont know what to do .... Im looking for something thats not exspensive and can offer packages for everyone, while still making me money. If it helps im in college, some experince not a pro and live in north carolina.

HD.Detailing
03-12-2014, 09:08 PM
just guess and learn that way.. you can prob get a good estimate on time it will take to do what you want to do and figure 25-40 hour

Evan.J
03-12-2014, 09:34 PM
Since this is your second thread on this topic and you looking for help then I suggest you get these two books:
Show Car Shine Detailing Book Combo (http://www.autogeek.net/how-to-run-a-detailing-business-book.html)

Read them both from to back mark the up take notes in them and learn from the info in them.

No one will build your menu for you. You need to take the time and do that yourself if you want to run it as your business. There has been plenty of info given to you in your other thread.

I highly suggest you read through the thread by VP Mark about how to start a business with $500.

I don't know you skill level, what you have, what you don't have, what your market is, and who you are trying to target as your market. I don't know if you have a flooded market in your area or your the only one.

You need to do you research in these areas and find out what your typical customer will be. You certainly can't be charging $600 for a two step correction to a customer who has no idea what a correction is and how to take care of it.

Start out small and easy like it has been said already. Offer three different packages and thats it. As you gain more experience you can add items to your list.

Don't give away your services either. Don't be doing high end paint corrections for a lowly $150-$200.

mac11wildcat
03-13-2014, 07:46 AM
Start slow and at minimum wage. You need to build a reputation for good work and slowly develop a customer base that brings in business. The pay will suck for some time; but its the only way to get enough work done on enough vehicles to create some buzz. Most people have never seen a fully corrected car and have not witnessed the work. The market price for it would be way too high for your first customers.

Also, do not create a price list IMO. There are too many variables to be able to say to someone, sight unseen, what a service will cost. Find a range that brings you business while keeping a dollar in your pocket and once things pick up slowly start increasing your "standard" price. If your work speaks for itself then you'll notice you probably arent questioned when your prices approach your goal. A customer's glow upon seeing their freshly corrected vehicle usually trumps the concern over the extra $20 in their wallet.

Photecs
03-13-2014, 09:59 AM
A buddy of mine started by doing a mobile detailing company - he would go to your car, parked wherever. He got busy enough that he ended up renting an unused garage bay at a used car dealership, and they gave him a cut on rent if he did a quick vaccum and wash when cars came in, and on delivery...
A year later, he was busy enough (from referrals, and word getting out about the quality of work) that he now has taken out a lease on a 3 car bay building (that used to be a used car dealership). He's got two dealerships in town that use him for detailing work, plus all the other work. Can't keep up.
As mentioned, start slow - do SOLID QUALITY work, and keep it affordable for people in your area.
After a year or two, re-assess the business and go from there.

Another good idea is to go to other detailing company sites and see what they charge. If you're new and looking to build - you can't expect to get what other may be asking at this point in time... but it should give you a "ballpark".

muscleman
03-13-2014, 10:57 AM
Thanks guys good advice should I be trying to compete with prices from auto bell or golden touch ? Most "detailers " around here are big companies I only know of one mobile true detailer .... don't know how his business is but auto bell and golden touch stay busy

mac11wildcat
03-13-2014, 10:59 AM
Thanks guys good advice should I be trying to compete with prices from auto bell or golden touch ? Most "detailers " around here are big companies I only know of one mobile true detailer .... don't know how his business is but auto bell and golden touch stay busy

If theyre big theyre probably doing work not on par with most of the stuff members here are doing. Since theyre big theyre probably charging a considerable amount for it as well. What are their prices?
I also see Autobell uses Armor-All....so youre already leaps and bounds ahead..

muscleman
03-13-2014, 11:07 AM
If theyre big theyre probably doing work not on par with most of the stuff members here are doing. Since theyre big theyre probably charging a considerable amount for it as well. What are their prices?
I also see Autobell uses Armor-All....so youre already leaps and bounds ahead..

wash only starts at 7
Then like wash dress tires vacuum etc runs from 16-30... 16 gets a few things 30gets all
Then full detail with everything I listed plus shampoo carpets and low power polishing is 118 all these prices are before tax.... also sorry for being vague just don't remember all the details

mac11wildcat
03-13-2014, 11:11 AM
Well, at $120 thats a good 'deal.' However, i cant imagine their "low power polishing" does anything but further swirl and damage the paint.

Are you set up to correct paint or are you staying with washes/details?

muscleman
03-13-2014, 12:59 PM
Well, at $120 thats a good 'deal.' However, i cant imagine their "low power polishing" does anything but further swirl and damage the paint.

Are you set up to correct paint or are you staying with washes/details?

your exactly right but seeing I cant sit down with everyone and explain the difference , how is a good way to explain this quickly and effectively in a flyer or brochure ? inwas thinking of going around to office buildings and banks and places and giving these to people is this a good idea ?

mac11wildcat
03-13-2014, 01:08 PM
We got going by appealing to friends that are in the car scene with us. After a few cheap paint corrections/details word starts spreading. Instagram and facebook are invaluable marketing tools and have made a huge difference. Take before/afters, leave business cards at auto-supply stores and various other front desks and heavy traffic areas, and start leaving cards on cars in the window seal near the driver door so it cant be ignored. It may take a few months before you break even, but building a rep is more important.

Also learn to explain the process and what youre doing. Explain what a compound/polish/wax regimen does for the paint. Explain what pH balanced products do for interiors, explain leather cleaning, etc.

muscleman
03-13-2014, 03:13 PM
ok thanks !