PDA

View Full Version : 300 cars a day @ $15

Pages : [1] 2 3

thebamboo23
03-12-2014, 05:13 PM
I was bored and was going through random 'auto detailing' videos to get some laughs out.

Dusk T'll Dawn Car Wash - YouTube (http://youtu.be/kGLJsjkHxWI)

They said on a good day he can wash 300 cars @ $15 a car=$4500

6 full timers and 6 part timers, i think 2 locations

just thought I'd post it up for you guys :buffing:

The Enforcer
03-12-2014, 07:23 PM
If it works, and customers are happy...great! Sure, it's not our style of detailing and def not up to our standards...but he's making money and loving what he does. His customers see constant value in the services he provides for the price he charges...and that, to me, is what matters at the end of the day. No matter what type of business you are in!

Jean-Claude
03-12-2014, 07:39 PM
Dude has a bangin' system there. Sure, it's not ideal care of the surfaces. I mean, check out the stack of towels on the ground. But people wanting a $15 wash are not looking for the best.

He is and his guys are obviously hard workers though. Good for him.

The Enforcer
03-12-2014, 07:44 PM
No water bill, no power bill...he sure does depend 100% on the weather though and I would imagine that is miserable work being in DC from Nov to March!!!

LuxuryMobile
03-12-2014, 08:03 PM
Interesting.

Write ups on 20+ hour paint corrections are great for the internet, and will get strangers to compliment you on your hard work.

But there is A TON of money to be made in quick washes. Good for him for knowing his market and offering the right service. Also nice that he is providing jobs to those who otherwise may not have the opportunity.

rolop6
03-12-2014, 08:06 PM
90% of people don't care how a car gets washed! They just want shiny! It's good to see a guy being able to help others make money in a good way.

thebamboo23
03-12-2014, 08:32 PM
I agree to which that is not up to our standards. but he's paying his employees well, and he's making good money. cant hate on that!.. although he is under cuttting everyyoonne

DetailingNoob
03-12-2014, 08:45 PM
Cuz I'm a hustla babyyy

VP Mark
03-12-2014, 08:59 PM
Awesome job. A lot different than the boutique stuff on here but success is success!

Sicoupe
03-12-2014, 11:28 PM
If it works, and customers are happy...great! Sure, it's not our style of detailing and def not up to our standards...but he's making money and loving what he does. His customers see constant value in the services he provides for the price he charges...and that, to me, is what matters at the end of the day. No matter what type of business you are in! I completely agree:)

RawDetail
03-13-2014, 12:08 AM
That's certainly not detailing. That's washing cars.

It's companies like those that make it so hard to educate our customers as to what detailing actually is.

thebamboo23
03-13-2014, 12:43 AM
those are the same companies that make 6 figures a year :D

different strokes for different folks.. simple as that

regardless if there were less of these car wash places, that wouldnt make people pay top $$$ for a car wash/full detailing services

Rod
03-13-2014, 05:35 AM
Interesting.

But there is A TON of money to be made in quick washes. Good for him for knowing his market and offering the right service.

Completely agree with these two comments above. There is public for different Services and he has just found his opportunity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike Phillips
03-13-2014, 06:35 AM
I knew a guy in Apple Valley that worked by himself, washed cars in the parking lot of major grocery stores, charged $15.00 a car or $20 for tires dressed and windows cleaned.

Said he did 20 plus cars a day.

Shoddy work at best but for the masses, they see their car as a mode of transportation, nothing else.

He's doing exactly what I explain in this article,

A few tips on starting a part-time detailing business (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-make-money-detailing-cars/27827-few-tips-starting-part-time-detailing-business.html)
Match your services to your customer

And this describes the masses....

The difference between a swirl and squirrel (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/off-topic/23142-difference-between-swirl-squirrel.html)

:)

HUMP DIESEL
03-13-2014, 07:12 AM
We are talking about two different sides of the spectrum here. What this guy has done is taken the old California hand wash tunnel model and gotten rid of the tunnel. You see the truck and trailer, I suspect he has two large tanks of water in that trailer ran off a pump or pressure washer, and he keeps all of his chemicals in there.
As soon as the person pulls in the guys start washing and it rolls thru the assembly line. Wash-Rinse-Dry-dress
Simple model, and I applaud him for taking guys in his neighborhood who may not have an opportunity and creating one for them. At the end of the day, we as "Detailers" service a very small percentage of the vehicles on the road. As stated, most people just use their vehicles and they just want them washed. So what if it gets a little swirl or the dressing is on the side of the vehicle. They will roll right back thru at the end of the next week and do it again and for $15 to $20 without getting out of your car that works for them.
When I was mobile we did a similar set up. Except I did not just pull into any parking lot. I would set up appointments with a school or another business and let them know that we would be there at 8:00 in the morning. We would walk in to the office, and all the keys, checks and instructions would be in envelopes with the car information in there as well. We would do 15-20 cars at one spot before lunch. I would have one guy on interior vacuum and me and another guy would be washing.

It worked for us. $20 a pop before lunch.

HUMP