PDA

View Full Version : Pricing

Pages : [1] 2

muscleman
03-12-2014, 04:00 PM
I know there are a million articles on pricing but i feel like my head is going to explode , i just need a good basic pricing plan for a young guy in college with some experince but nowhere near professional trying to get as many jobs as possible not just big fancy jobs .....also i can do mobile as well and probably will alot ...please help

10secdream
03-12-2014, 04:41 PM
Why not just set an hourly rate and go from there?

215Detailing
03-12-2014, 04:42 PM
See #16 I believe http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-make-money-detailing-cars/76689-review-criticize-my-services-pricing-2.html

muscleman
03-12-2014, 05:28 PM
See #16 I believe http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-make-money-detailing-cars/76689-review-criticize-my-services-pricing-2.html

I like your pricing chart but need help with price fill in lol like I said I am a newbie and don't want to over or under charge .... if it helps I live in NC any idea what I should charge ?

215Detailing
03-12-2014, 05:44 PM
I like your pricing chart but need help with price fill in lol like I said I am a newbie and don't want to over or under charge .... if it helps I live in NC any idea what I should charge ?

Not sure on pricing for N.C. You may have to do like I did and research the so called competition, Which now I have No competition because in my eyes and customer eye I exceed the local shops and mobile guys, They charge $10.00 to $20.00 for first service I listed I charge $35.00 but most times offer a discount ad card (Like a coupon) with $15.00 off but must have appointment and card or full rate of $35.00 (Cars) and higher due at time of service. And even with my SPECIAL AD, some say I'm still too high,lol but some folks really don't know that I would probably turn them away because they want Platinum Quality Detailing And expect to pay Bronze Detailing rates

muscleman
03-12-2014, 05:51 PM
not sure on pricing for n.c. You may have to do like i did and research the so called competition, which now i have no competition because in my eyes and customer eye i exceed the local shops and mobile guys, they charge $10.00 to $20.00 for first service i listed i charge $35.00 but most times offer a discount ad card (like a coupon) with $15.00 off but must have appointment and card or full rate of $35.00 (cars) and higher due at time of service. And even with my special ad, some say i'm still too high,lol but some folks really don't know that i would probably turn them away because they want platinum quality detailing and expect to pay bronze detailing rates

lol sounds like you know what your doing so where do you think i should start ? 10-15 ? And what about the other packages

215Detailing
03-12-2014, 05:53 PM
My MAINTENANCE DETAIL IS $25.00 starting
My SILVER (used term UPKEEP for example) starts at $35.00
So my hourly rate is about $20.00 per hour give or take. If I get a shop
most likely I would charge by the hour starting around $25.00 for detailing
and $35.00 for Paint Correction services

MAINTENANCE DETAIL
*BASIC EXTERIOR ONLY DETAIL (BASIC CLEANING OF EXTERIOR ONLY)
ONLY FOR CUSTOMERS WHOM HAD A PRIOR DETAIL
(PLATINUM, GOLD OR SILVER) BY US WITHIN LAST 28 DAYS
*1 TO 1.5 HOUR $

UPKEEP DETAIL
A light detail to maintain the appearance and protection applied after a Level 2 detail,
or on an already well taken care of car. This detail service is recommended 2-3 times a month or as needed. (1-2 hours). STARTING AT $25.00 FOR CARS. (SEE NOTE)

*EXTERIOR HAND WASH/FOAM.
*MICROFIBER/AIR DRY. POLYMER SPRAY/WAX.
*GLASS CLEANING INTERIOR & EXTERIOR.
*DOOR JAMB WIPE DOWN.
*TIRE CLEANING WHEEL WELL (IF APPLICABLE).
*TIRE/WHEEL WELL DRESSING (IF APPLICABLE).
*WHEEL RIM CLEANED.
*STANDARD VACUUM OF SEATS, MATS & FLOORING.
*STANDARD INTERIOR WIPE DOWN/DUSTING.
*NOTE: Prices are estimates only and apply to cars. Additional fee’s will be charged for SUV’s, trucks, and vans.
STANDARD SIZE CARS & SMALL PICKUPS......................$25.00
SMALL SUV, MINI VANS & CROSS OVERS ......................$
LARGE SUV & PICKUP............................................ ..........$
XL SUV DENALI, EXPEDITION, SUBURBAN ETC...........$
FULL SIZE VAN & EXCURSION TYPE..............................$

Lime
03-12-2014, 06:16 PM
Who are your expected customers? For instance, when my daughter was 20, she had her car detailed before she sold it to spruce it up. My neighbor has 100 kids and a van. She has 2 car seats and what seems like a million cracker crumbs and juice boxes on the floor. To me these are two different jobs, y'know? You need to put something on your list that the listed prices are estimates for average mess, or average dirt. I'm not sure how you phrase it, but people with pitted out cars know they aren't tend out. It would be no surprise to any of them that they need to pay a little extra, whether interior, exterior or wheels. Just make sure you put it several places. You can.

Also list the minimum prices, then after the dollar amount, just add that extras can be added. To me as a consumer, I'd rather do that than a "silver package" because some things in my car are more important to me than other things.

muscleman
03-12-2014, 06:19 PM
My MAINTENANCE DETAIL IS $25.00 starting
My SILVER (used term UPKEEP for example) starts at $35.00
So my hourly rate is about $20.00 per hour give or take. If I get a shop
most likely I would charge by the hour starting around $25.00 for detailing
and $35.00 for Paint Correction services

MAINTENANCE DETAIL
*BASIC EXTERIOR ONLY DETAIL (BASIC CLEANING OF EXTERIOR ONLY)
ONLY FOR CUSTOMERS WHOM HAD A PRIOR DETAIL
(PLATINUM, GOLD OR SILVER) BY US WITHIN LAST 28 DAYS
*1 TO 1.5 HOUR $

UPKEEP DETAIL
A light detail to maintain the appearance and protection applied after a Level 2 detail,
or on an already well taken care of car. This detail service is recommended 2-3 times a month or as needed. (1-2 hours). STARTING AT $25.00 FOR CARS. (SEE NOTE)

*EXTERIOR HAND WASH/FOAM.
*MICROFIBER/AIR DRY. POLYMER SPRAY/WAX.
*GLASS CLEANING INTERIOR & EXTERIOR.
*DOOR JAMB WIPE DOWN.
*TIRE CLEANING WHEEL WELL (IF APPLICABLE).
*TIRE/WHEEL WELL DRESSING (IF APPLICABLE).
*WHEEL RIM CLEANED.
*STANDARD VACUUM OF SEATS, MATS & FLOORING.
*STANDARD INTERIOR WIPE DOWN/DUSTING.
*NOTE: Prices are estimates only and apply to cars. Additional fee’s will be charged for SUV’s, trucks, and vans.
STANDARD SIZE CARS & SMALL PICKUPS......................$25.00
SMALL SUV, MINI VANS & CROSS OVERS ......................$
LARGE SUV & PICKUP............................................ ..........$
XL SUV DENALI, EXPEDITION, SUBURBAN ETC...........$
FULL SIZE VAN & EXCURSION TYPE..............................$

im sorry but im confused hope im not being a bother but im not getting it could you just copy all u posted on that other forum but fill in with what u think I should charge

muscleman
03-12-2014, 07:18 PM
Come on guys I need some help

inDetail
03-12-2014, 08:11 PM
I start
wash/decon/spray wax- interior wipe down and vac with windows, mirrors starting at $75

wash/decon/AIO- interior wipe down with vac and windows, mirrors
$150

wash/decon/ 1 step of correction and sealant - interior wipe down, vac, windows. This includes interior dressing and spot stain removals. exterior dressing.
$250

wash/decon/ 2 steps of correction, selant, wax -interior wipedown, vac, windows, interior dressing light fabric stain removal and exterior dressing.
$350
All of the above include washed wheels, waxed rims (on corrections only), tires and wheel wells treated. Interior blown out with compressed air and wiped down with APC. If I'm doing a AIO and the black trim is taking away from how the car looks I will spend the extra 30 minutes and treat all of it.

Full corrections $35 an hour Full interiors fabrics and leathers cleaned start at $35 an hour.

You have clients who want different things. Most people only care that the outside looks clean but they want the inside spotless. Different work different price. I'm not gonna polish a car because they have no idea what a swirl mark is and could care less. I will educate them about having paint cleaned and polished and try to up sell them on the exterior but I can live with spending 5 + hours on trashed interior and a wash clay and spray wax. I know when they pick up the car even without polishing it they are gonna think it looks amazing.
I'm going to quote more for a car in size and condition gauge expectations and be honest about what can or cannot be done with how much they want to spend.

So basically my pricing is starting points: based on size, condition and what they want done. The starting prices are based on what I think fair condition is. If you come to me with rims caked with brake dust so they look black then it's gonna be a little more. More work more money.

You have set expectations but over deliver. The smallest things can over deliver like treating gray exterior trims on some cars it takes 20 minutes. Cleaning the finger prints off the touchscreen LCD. wiping the brake and gas pedals and pedal arms clean. Taking 2 minutes to use an APC on a black scuff mark on the light colored vinyl.

LuxuryMobile
03-12-2014, 08:17 PM
If you are new to this, keep it simple. Offer three packages.

Wash - $25-40

Wash/Interior: $50-90

Wash/Wax/Interior: $125-200

Most clients don't want to hear about every little aspect included in your packages or how you clay bar and steam clean, blah blah blah. They ALL want their car to be cleaned. Don't make it complicated.

Those prices above are competitive but if you work with a good pace should still make you a decent hourly rate.

Just my two cents...

shagnat
03-12-2014, 08:38 PM
I agree with LuxuryMobile. Don't get into too much detail. $25 for a really good exterior wash (with some sort of quick spray wax or detailer) sounds like a good starting price.
But as others have stated, there are too many variables to say charge this for doing that and that for doing this..... So, go to a handful of local detailers in your area, ask them a way that you're interested in them detailing your car at various levels. Heck, they may even have a price sheet to give you!

stemyx
03-12-2014, 08:45 PM
What Lime was trying to say is that you should choose your customer. Like you should come up with prices and details to people you want to aim at. Like maybe "soccer moms" with lots of kids and super dirty interiors or maybe the average person that likes to have their cars clean but have nobody to clean it or simply has no time. You can start price setting from basic wash/vacuum to a wash/vacuum/wax. Hope this helps :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AG Online

muscleman
03-12-2014, 08:46 PM
Thanks this makes things more clear and simple but i think i could charge a little less not much though and could you explain what is done with each package thanks

Sent from my LGL35G using AG Online