PDA

View Full Version : Foam Gun?

RubbishReview
03-12-2014, 10:42 AM
I have been doing some research into using a foam gun and I like the idea of doing this as a pre-rinse. However I was wondering what everyone else's thoughts are on this are. I do not have a pressure washer and don't want to purchase one right now so I would be forced into going with one of the guns and not a cannon. My questions are...

1. While I don't see how this could hurt anything does it actually help or am I just an adding an extra step for no reason? Really some before and after photos of what exactly a foam gun helps to remove would be great!

2. I have seen where some people no longer use a "soap bucket" and just use a rinse bucket and the foam gun, thoughts on this? It would seem to me that this could possibly reduce scratching since its fresh clean soap on the wash mitt every time...

Any information on this would be great, thanks in advanced.

GenesisCoupe
03-12-2014, 10:51 AM
Before i used a cannon, my foam gun served as a foam to cover the vehicle before doing a suds filled bucket of soap, along with another one with just water.

In my head, it provided a little more protection to a wash. Remember; " Nothing great ever gets achieved without lubrication".

thebamboo23
03-12-2014, 10:52 AM
If its in for a full correction, then foaming to get into all the emblems, edges, nooks, and agitated by a brush is perfect. If you want to maintain the flawless finish, you could wash your car every 3 days by a full foam, dwell, rinse, and air blow dry

a lot of detailers who have their customers on maintenance programs will go with waterless wash or rinseless wash. Doesnt make sense to foam, rinse, wash, rinse, if the car never gets driven, and you come out once a week. Some people do still do that, though..

RubbishReview
03-12-2014, 11:16 AM
Before i used a cannon, my foam gun served as a foam to cover the vehicle before doing a suds filled bucket of soap, along with another one with just water.

In my head, it provided a little more protection to a wash. Remember; " Nothing great ever gets achieved without lubrication".

" Nothing great ever gets achieved without lubrication"
I am sitting here at work lmao at this... thanks good start to my lunch.

Hammer49
03-12-2014, 11:17 AM
I use a foam cannon before performing a rinse less (ONRWW) whenever I'm forced to skip a weekly maintenance wash. You know the old saying regarding an ounce of prevention...

DetailingNoob
03-12-2014, 11:19 AM
This might help
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/77452-foam-gun-no-access-pressure-washer.html

RawDetail
03-12-2014, 11:42 AM
The foam gun is a great tool to use after a rinse. The foam helps break down and drag off debris without you having to touch the car.

Get a gilmour foam gun, cover the car let it sit and drip for a few minutes, then have at it with the 2 bucket method.