PDA

View Full Version : Compound residue

Theraven
03-11-2014, 07:25 PM
Any alternative way to remove compound residue . I've tried quick-detailers and Marine 31 polishing pad conditioner (which states it helps remove stubborn wax/compound residue). After I do a quick spray n wipe it always discolors the surface, like it removed some of the polishing oils or something . So I end up adding more compound to even it out. If I'm removing wax residue it doesn't stain.

Rsurfer
03-11-2014, 07:28 PM
Any alternative way to remove compound residue . I've tried quick-detailers and Marine 31 polishing pad conditioner (which states it helps remove stubborn wax/compound residue). After I do a quick spray n wipe it always discolors the surface, like it removed some of the polishing oils or something . So I end up adding more compound to even it out. If I'm removing wax residue it doesn't stain.

Try Car Pro Eraser.

Evan.J
03-11-2014, 07:37 PM
What are you working on and what are you working with tool and compound?

jamesboyy
03-11-2014, 07:38 PM
You could also try all purpose cleaner or ipa( Isopropyl Alcohol) wipe

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
03-12-2014, 01:09 AM
What are you working on and what are you working with tool and compound?

+1.

What are you using OP?

HateSwirls
03-12-2014, 05:54 AM
DP Rinse-Wash diluted in a spray bottle works really good in removing residue.
I like to work clean so after I polish a panel I wipe it down before moving on to the next panel.

Rsurfer
03-12-2014, 04:44 PM
DP Rinse-Wash diluted in a spray bottle works really good in removing residue.
I like to work clean so after I polish a panel I wipe it down before moving on to the next panel.

Does DP leave something behind (polymers), where you need to clean the paint again (Panel Wipe/PA) before applying sealant/coating?

inDetail
03-12-2014, 05:40 PM
Griot's makes a Prewax spray cleaner. I have yet to use it. I hear good things about it and is much cheaper then Eraser which is awesome. I had to switch back to IPA could not justify the expense. So until I hear a great review on the Griot's I'm sticking to my 11% IPA that has yet to fail me.

geekdout
03-12-2014, 07:41 PM
I would try 3m Perfect it Clean and Shine QD spray, it is great for getting up some left over polish/compound residue.