PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars all puropse ?

Pages : [1] 2

muscleman
03-11-2014, 05:30 PM
Hey guys , finally getting all my products narrowed down but still need a good interior cleaner or something that will clean the dash, vinyl , upholstery , leather, door jams, wheels etc. is meguiars all purpose a good bet or should I go with something else. also what dilution ratio ?

jamesboyy
03-11-2014, 05:42 PM
Meguiars d101 all purpose cleaner is a good choice as for dilution dilution ratio wise 1:4 for the wheels, and heavy duty cleaning and 1:10 for interior for light to mild cleaning

Scott@IncrediblyDetailed
03-11-2014, 05:48 PM
Meguiars d101 all purpose cleaner is a good choice as for dilution dilution ratio wise 1:4 for the wheels, and heavy duty cleaning and 1:10 for interior for light to mild cleaning

This.

I would use a dedicated leather cleaner and conditioner for leather.

inDetail
03-11-2014, 06:09 PM
Optimum Power Clean. Nice a gentle when diluted. Has worked on laminated leather for me and has gotten out some ground in dirt. Great on shoe scuffs on plastics and vinyl as well.

+1 on the leather cleaner if it's not a coated leather. If it's coated or laminated your wasting money.

muscleman
03-11-2014, 06:10 PM
ok thanks guys ! and incredibly detailed is a great company name! wish I thought of that!!!

muscleman
03-11-2014, 06:32 PM
One more thing can you use this as a glass cleaner as well ?

jamesboyy
03-11-2014, 06:53 PM
Sorry but no you can not use this as a glass cleaner but there are glass cleaners on autogeek just make sure it's tint safe

muscleman
03-11-2014, 07:27 PM
alright cool, and totally off topic but what is a good economical quick detailer I was looking at speed shine, megs final touch , and some others like using onr with wax .... what would be good and also economical

jamesboyy
03-11-2014, 07:35 PM
It's alright to go off topic as for your question Ultima Waterless Wash Plus+ Concentrate or Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine

muscleman
03-11-2014, 07:44 PM
It's alright to go off topic as for your question Ultima Waterless Wash Plus+ Concentrate or Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine

alright cool and what dilution ratio for QD? and could I mix megs and one of those products so It sill has pina colda smell lol

jetta3guy8913
03-11-2014, 07:46 PM
I have use D101 and Adam's, D101 wins hand down and not only on price. This past weekend I tested both and D101 was better on both interior and tires/wheelwells. I was using D101 at roughly 6:1 on my mother in laws trashed interior and it cleaned most of it up with ease when I tried Adam's before hand and it barely removed anything. The best part is you can use it at whichever dilution you seem fit and it only cost 17 bucks a gallon and you can make up to 10 gallons

jamesboyy
03-11-2014, 07:53 PM
Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine 1:3 ratio and Ultima Waterless Wash Plus+ Concentrate you use 1/2oz to 22oz water, and no haha I don't think so

Lowejackson
03-12-2014, 05:31 AM
ONR mixed with some IPA makes a cheap glass cleaner. Just to add to the other voices on the Meguiars APC, really good product which is worth buying. I use the Optimum Power Clean but if I had to use the Megs I would still be happy

HUMP DIESEL
03-12-2014, 07:00 AM
I have bought the Megs APC in the 5 gallon option before. Yes, you can get it in that size, you have to search to find it. It can be used on leather and low dilutions, and that is the main beauty of this product. You can dilute it for a large number of applications.

HUMP

inDetail
03-12-2014, 07:17 AM
QD- Ultima is really good. I'm partial to Garry Dean's Infinite use detail Juice. Pricey up front but it's super concentrated like the Ultima and the uses are endless. A gallon ends up costing you like $4 I think. They are pretty close in price when compared to the Ultima. I just like Garry Dean's. It will last a good 3-4 weeks as a spray wax and what can I say, I like supporting the homegrown little guy.

Glass cleaner. Get Car-Pro Fast Glass towels you will rarely if ever use a glass cleaner again. Again some would say pricey upfront but in the end they save money. I can do my wife's minivan inside and out with 4 towels. They make cleaning Glass faster and easier.