PDA

View Full Version : Wow... Never saw my hood in this light until today

phens82
03-11-2014, 02:31 PM
Looks decent from 10 feet away http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/12/4ynaqy4e.jpg

But wow what happened to the paint?? I used pinnacle ultra poly clay two weeks ago on this whole surface.. Could I have actually missed all this? I guess so.

Anyway, your thoughts? Need paint correction or can it ever be saved? http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/12/pynu7aby.jpg

Thanks for your thoughts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chris11le
03-11-2014, 02:33 PM
Looks like water spots to me ?

Did you wash and not dry it? You mentioned clay....did you just clay the car or did you polish and LSP after that?

ThomasonCarCare
03-11-2014, 02:35 PM
XMT 360 or any similar All-In-One will take care of those water spots for you.

phens82
03-11-2014, 02:35 PM
I washed on Sunday afternoon.. used the guzzler and it was dry when I put it back in the garage. I can rub vigorously on those spots and they don't smudge away.

No polish afterward (haven't acquired a polisher yet - new to the more advanced car washing/detailing talked about on this forum!)

ThomasonCarCare
03-11-2014, 02:38 PM
I washed on Sunday afternoon.. used the guzzler and it was dry when I put it back in the garage. I can rub vigorously on those spots and they don't smudge away.

No polish afterward (haven't acquired a polisher yet - new to the more advanced car washing/detailing talked about on this forum!)

If you use a cleaner wax with an applicator pad and apply it as directed the water spots should come right out.

phens82
03-11-2014, 02:41 PM
If you use a cleaner wax with an applicator pad and apply it as directed the water spots should come right out.

Thanks for your quick responses. I parked it on the street for 3.5 years and it was frequently covered in wind-blown sap that kinda looked like this... just not sure the spots are from water.

It has a light coat of Klasse AIO on it now... which was applied using a microfiber applicator pad according to the directions on the bottle. Does that change the equation at all? Thanks again.

jamesboyy
03-11-2014, 02:43 PM
It looks like water spots but begin that it's in a garage it might be calcium despots, you could try a water spot remover or a combo like meguiars m105/m205

Just02896
03-11-2014, 03:17 PM
You need a DA! Lol! That and some paint cleaner would more than likely do the trick if a good wash doesn't remedy the spots.

ThomasonCarCare
03-11-2014, 03:19 PM
Thanks for your quick responses. I parked it on the street for 3.5 years and it was frequently covered in wind-blown sap that kinda looked like this... just not sure the spots are from water.

It has a light coat of Klasse AIO on it now... which was applied using a microfiber applicator pad according to the directions on the bottle. Does that change the equation at all? Thanks again.

The cleaner wax will clean all the old LSP and water spots off. If you think it could have sap on it use a clay bar to get any contaminates off first. You should be able to easily get rid of them. But, it would be best to use a DA buffer to take full advantage of the cleaning and abrasives in the cleaner wax. Maybe someone in your area can help you out with it.

CDot
03-12-2014, 07:28 AM
I have water spots like this on my wife's Pilot, with etching included. Use the least aggressive method at first to see if you can get the spots off, check out: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-articles/31000-how-remove-sprinkler-water-spots.html

I exhausted all my foam pad options last fall, so I'll be using microfiber cutting discs with Megs UC in a couple weeks to see if that takes care of them.

mwoolfso
03-12-2014, 02:22 PM
That being an Audi (hard paint). I would go straight to SF4000 as your AIO, a DA polisher.

2shiny
03-12-2014, 03:18 PM
seems like a job for Carpro Spotless! would do the trick I think! awwesome product to remove waterspots

fly07sti
03-12-2014, 03:26 PM
seems like a job for Carpro Spotless! would do the trick I think! awwesome product to remove waterspots

I was wondering about CarPro Spotless. Have you used it paint? If so, what was your process?