PDA

View Full Version : Interior checklist ?

muscleman
03-11-2014, 09:43 AM
Hey AOG, back with some more questions as a beginner a friend on here recommended an interior checklist for quality control what would be a good overall check list for the majority of interior jobs , not including steaming or shampooing just you basic vinyl dash and upholstery car seats. Thanks hope Im not being a bother I know I have been posting a ton of questions but you guys are so informative couldn't do it without you!!!

Ao1051
03-11-2014, 09:53 AM
Start front to back top to bottom... clean then shine everything after shampoo... so front dash - blow it wipe it down then blow/ brush out carpets, console wipe scrub... then seats and sills then back floors doors then seats. then behind seats/trunk... NEVER EVER USE A lot of moisture on headliners... I use a one spray on a mf towel to lightly scrub a headliner... that's about it...

thebamboo23
03-11-2014, 10:03 AM
i think that depends in what you offer as the service.. if there is no extensive cleaning, via steam/extraction, then the car itself must be in good condition. A simple wipe down of all interior panels with apc/interior cleaner, windows cleaned, vacuum, and done

muscleman
03-11-2014, 10:06 AM
whats a good interior cleaner I used megs ultimate interior quick detailer and honestly it was ok but wouldn't work on tuff spots all I was wiping with was microfiber so is it the product or the tool ? for example dirt scuff on dash was much better but still barely there

hernandez.art13
03-11-2014, 10:40 AM
I use UWW+ on a MF towel to do interior wipe downs.

If I'm going to dress it. I bring out my APC+ and MF towel. I really like the Ultima Interior Guard Plus to dress my dashboard after.

If there was a food or coffee spill lets say in the coffee cup holder. I found some APC, interior brush and MF towel work great.

I am starting to attempt carpet cleaning too :D

I use Folex, spot brush, I have 2 brushes that attach to my PC too btw. I then used HD Fabric Guard to protect the paint. I do have Cquartz's carpet coating that I will attempt to use. The YouTube videos I''ve seen make the beading look great. So will ask questions on that later :)

Sent from my LGMS659 using Tapatalk