PDA

View Full Version : Auto Detailing Day at Tuscarora Dave's (South Central PA)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

Becciasm
03-14-2014, 07:09 PM
So wait.. I may have missed it... are we firm for the 13th? Or is Saturday the 12th still in the running?

Sent from my VS840 4G using AG Online

mightypudge
03-14-2014, 08:23 PM
Looks like we are shooting for Sunday, 4/13.

DetailKitty
03-14-2014, 08:28 PM
I'm pretty sure it's Sunday the 13th.

Or at least I'll just be the weird one that shows up then.

tuscarora dave
03-14-2014, 09:45 PM
Yes. Sunday the 13th is the day. I'll be there both days just in case someone who couldn't make it on Sunday would want to pop in on Saturday for some one on one guidance in detailing.

mightypudge
03-15-2014, 04:27 AM
Yes. Sunday the 13th is the day. I'll be there both days just in case someone who couldn't make it on Sunday would want to pop in on Saturday for some one on one guidance in detailing.You know I'll be there Saturday. Looking at lodging this morning.

tuscarora dave
03-15-2014, 06:14 AM
You know I'll be there Saturday. Looking at lodging this morning.

That's great!! When DetailKitty and Kyle Elantra were at my shop for some one on one training, we talked a lot of theory about what paint correction is, how abrasives work, the difference between SMAT and DAT abrasives and how each is worked best with their respective polishers, pads, machine speed, arm travel speed etc.

We talked about, and I demonstrated a lot of things that didn't work so well but are common mistakes that new people to the craft make etc.

By coming Saturday you'll get a lot of that stuff then, (though I'll still cover a lot of that to the others) and we can focus a little more on the work on Sunday.

RZ Autodetailing
03-15-2014, 07:41 AM
Anyone goin past southern nj near AC that can pick me up ,, Iam willing to split gas .. I also have a few polishers I can bring. Please inbox me

mightypudge
03-15-2014, 09:21 AM
Hey y'all. I'm probably heading down Saturday and staying at the Fairfield Inn a few miles up the road. They have a gym (need my workout!!) and a half-decent breakfast.

If anyone else decides to make it an overnight trip let me know!

mightypudge
03-15-2014, 03:45 PM
Bump and new info.

Looks like I have "the bug." The more I inspect the Mustang, the more I see that needs fixing. I already found those paint chips that will need fixing. Today I found flaws with the glass on both the front and back that need repair.

The unfortunate part is that the repairs to the rear glass are on the inside and down near the trunk. I'm guessing the previous owner kept some stuff on the back seat deck and whatever it was, it scratched the glass up. Grrrrr!

So I think I'll be in the market for some glass repair kits. At least the front will get worked.

Becciasm
03-15-2014, 06:11 PM
Yes. Sunday the 13th is the day. I'll be there both days just in case someone who couldn't make it on Sunday would want to pop in on Saturday for some one on one guidance in detailing.

10-4. I'll check on Sunday, but maybe I can pop in on Saturday.

Thanks!

tuscarora dave
03-15-2014, 06:26 PM
Bump and new info.

Looks like I have "the bug." The more I inspect the Mustang, the more I see that needs fixing. I already found those paint chips that will need fixing. Today I found flaws with the glass on both the front and back that need repair.

The unfortunate part is that the repairs to the rear glass are on the inside and down near the trunk. I'm guessing the previous owner kept some stuff on the back seat deck and whatever it was, it scratched the glass up. Grrrrr!

So I think I'll be in the market for some glass repair kits. At least the front will get worked.
Swanicyouth has some nice reviews on glass polishing. I'm heading out now to meet someone to buy an Omega 1000 centrifugal juicer. Hopefully I'll get the bug with that.

10-4. I'll check on Sunday, but maybe I can pop in on Saturday.

Thanks!

Awesome!! Look forward to meeting you.

TopThatDetail
03-15-2014, 06:49 PM
Man that's awesome

Proverbs 27:17
As iron sharpens iron,so one person sharpens another.

dcjredline
03-15-2014, 06:51 PM
My Formulas windshield could use a little work. I have the stuff to do it just need the nice weather.

Becciasm
03-16-2014, 08:39 AM
I have the stuff to do it just need the nice weather.

Isn't that the truth. For those of us without cover, good weather days are at a premium.

Legacykid
03-16-2014, 08:56 AM
Hey y'all. I'm probably heading down Saturday and staying at the Fairfield Inn a few miles up the road. They have a gym (need my workout!!) and a half-decent breakfast.

If anyone else decides to make it an overnight trip let me know!

I'm about 3.5 hours away in nj so I'm going to make it an overnight trip. I'll check the hotel and let u know.