PDA

View Full Version : Auto Detailing Day at Tuscarora Dave's (South Central PA)

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

tuscarora dave
03-13-2014, 11:21 AM
Yup, basically remember to turn right off the 83 exit and you are right there.

This is really nice of you Dave... looking forward to it! :dblthumb2:
Yup..it's that easy...dare I say it?.. well uh..It's so easy a caveman could do it...There...I said it...

Well put Dave.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it this time around. I am booked all the way up to May. You are welcome to come visit me at my new acquired shop anytime my friend.

Booked out til May!! That's Fantastic!!

Send me your coordinates if you would when you get a little time. I've been known to just jump in the car and head off on a road trip at the drop of a dime.

I definitely want to check out your new shop.

I will for sure bring my XMT360, some Brown Royal, and plenty of different soaps... Maybe some sample bottles empty and full just in case anyone wants to share.

Yeah if you have pizza shops nearby then food wouldnt be a problem even if your sister didnt feel so kind! Thats awesome of her.

Sunday will work for me BUT I may have a small passenger with me as that is my day with my Daughter...SHE loves to help dad with cars so maybe she will come with! Im really looking forward to this!!!
Great!! Glad you'll be able to make it after all.. Be aware that I might have to bring "Colt The Bolt" up to help entertain your daughter..That is if she likes cute little doggies.

Maybe we can all set up a date to come see your shop too? lol. VA would be stretching it for me, Dave is already 5 hours away from me but I used to drive to Carlisle every year so I know the route.

Yup, not far from Carlisle at all..Carlisle is adout a 25 minite drive from me.

My brother is 6 hours from me in up state New York, Pierrepont Manor to be exact. You must not be too far from him, but then again up state covers a lot of territory.

I'm honored that you'd want to drive that far to see us all.

mightypudge
03-13-2014, 11:39 AM
Hey all. Just adding some information to the file.

As TD mentioned, the featured car (yay!) is my new-to-me '09 Mustang GT/CS. If I haven't mentioned it yet, I am in flippin' love with her. I'm honored to have Pearl as the featured car for the day and I cannot wait to see how she turns out.

I posted this thread specifically to ask for help in learning the "art of detailing" but what I got in return was much more. TD has offered to do something truly unique and special, and in doing so has really helped me feel like part of the community. With so many forums out there where bashing newbies is par for the course, this was an unexpected turn of events. I'll be forever grateful.

Pearl is fairly clean inside and out, but there is always room for improvement. :)

Since Dave is offering up both Saturday and Sunday, I'm starting to think I might want to make this an overnight trip. Maybe I could spend Saturday working the interior, leaving Sunday for the paint correction fiesta. Dave, let me know what you think.

I own very little in the way of products or equipment right now, and I'm trying to avoid going whole hog on AGO until I know my specific needs. Dave said as we get closer to the event he'll let me know what I need to get beforehand, so I'm waiting for that. All that said, I appreciate everyone offering to bring product with them as it'll be cool for me to see how different products achieve different results on different cars.

As for food, I am currently on a pretty strict nutrition plan right now and neither my wife or I do much cooking, other than steaming veggies and grilling chicken breast. That said, I'm up for whatever the group decides. I'm happy to bring a case or two of bottled water for the crew.

You all rock!

KBsToy
03-13-2014, 12:00 PM
Are you close to Animal House rescue ???

We drove out there to get our dog from them.

Something for me to think about. After 4hrs drive I will need to clean my car :) It would be all turnpike for me..

KB

JSou
03-13-2014, 12:15 PM
Maybe we can all set up a date to come see your shop too? lol. VA would be stretching it for me, Dave is already 5 hours away from me but I used to drive to Carlisle every year so I know the route.

Of course. Anyone is welcome. We have a lounge with cable TV, Video games, Free Wifi, and soon a "Vape" bar.

Booked out til May!! That's Fantastic!!

Send me your coordinates if you would when you get a little time. I've been known to just jump in the car and head off on a road trip at the drop of a dime.

I definitely want to check out your new shop.

Yes sir! Word got out and I'm booking paint corrections and deep interior cleanses on the weekends. It's also great that it's in such a busy area. I'm just trying to keep the income flowing.

Would love to have you back in the area though. I have several resto projects lined up. Mostly Benzs, BMWs, etc. (hard paints LOL). You are welcome to join on any of the jobs.

Caleb (PapaSmurf), Matt (Sunshyne), Lee (Blkopz), and a few others are interested so I may setup something really soon. Let me know which weekends work for you.

Shop location is 7401 Fullerton Rd E Springfield, VA 22153.

As TD mentioned, the featured car (yay!) is my new-to-me '09 Mustang GT/CS. If I haven't mentioned it yet, I am in flippin' love with her. I'm honored to have Pearl as the featured car for the day and I cannot wait to see how she turns out.

I posted this thread specifically to ask for help in learning the "art of detailing" but what I got in return was much more. TD has offered to do something truly unique and special, and in doing so has really helped me feel like part of the community. With so many forums out there where bashing newbies is par for the course, this was an unexpected turn of events. I'll be forever grateful.

Pearl is fairly clean inside and out, but there is always room for improvement. :)

Since Dave is offering up both Saturday and Sunday, I'm starting to think I might want to make this an overnight trip. Maybe I could spend Saturday working the interior, leaving Sunday for the paint correction fiesta. Dave, let me know what you think.

I own very little in the way of products or equipment right now, and I'm trying to avoid going whole hog on AGO until I know my specific needs. Dave said as we get closer to the event he'll let me know what I need to get beforehand, so I'm waiting for that. All that said, I appreciate everyone offering to bring product with them as it'll be cool for me to see how different products achieve different results on different cars.

As for food, I am currently on a pretty strict nutrition plan right now and neither my wife or I do much cooking, other than steaming veggies and grilling chicken breast. That said, I'm up for whatever the group decides. I'm happy to bring a case or two of bottled water for the crew.

You all rock!

Please take a before and after facial expression of when the car is completed. This is what I loved about charity detailing for someone, the reactions were priceless.

tuscarora dave
03-13-2014, 12:26 PM

You all rock!

Well, I've been on a lot of different forums over the years and I've gotten a lot out of all of them. I have seen my share of policy by the powers that be, and also behavior of the membership that I've found to be unfortunate and undesirable on some of those other forums...

Having said that...."Welcome to AGO"

I came here a few years ago from another forum, and found a different feel both in the membership and in the Admin. areas not to mention the "best on the internet" articles by the Autogeekonline staff from the awesomeness of Mike Phillips' articles and videos with a leading attitude from him and all the other staff, down to the great reviews and tutorials offered up by the various AG staff members that post them.

Autogeek is definitely a "class act" of a site and store.

Found my home away from home here at AGO.

As for making a 2 day excursion out of that weekend, that's absolutely fine with me. There's plenty of local lodging around my shop and some half decent restaurants in the area too, in case you don't want to do all that driving in coming here twice in one weekend.

If I had a spare bedroom I'd put you up for the evening but I don't. What I do have though is a grill and a steamer and a similar interest in grilled chicken breast and steamed vegetables.

As for equipment and products needed for the event, you won't need to bring anything. If you feel you must bring something to contribute to the event, a couple of Lake Country 5.5" Microfiber pads for working on your Mustang and the LSP (Wax or Sealant) of your choice. If you were considering a ceramic coating such as Opti-Coat 2.0 or similar, now would be the time to order that.

Feel free to call me on the phone and chat about it as we could cover a lot more ground that way rather than typing back and forth.

tuscarora dave
03-13-2014, 12:53 PM
Are you close to Animal House rescue ???

We drove out there to get our dog from them.

Something for me to think about. After 4hrs drive I will need to clean my car :) It would be all turnpike for me..

KB
I'm about 15-20 minutes from Animal House rescue.

Turnpike to Harrisburg West exit, I-83 south to exit 35, stay to your right off the ramp, right at traffic light and back over 83 and I'm on the corner at the 83 north on ramp.

For those heading north on I-83 to come to my shop, get off at exit 35. When you stop at the end of the ramp, look straight ahead for the white vinyl sided shop with the 60 foot tall CB antenna sticking up off the back of the shop. That's me right in front of you.

KBsToy
03-13-2014, 01:17 PM
I'm about 15-20 minutes from Animal House rescue.

Turnpike to Harrisburg West exit, I-83 south to exit 35, stay to your right off the ramp, right at traffic light and back over 83 and I'm on the corner at the 83 north on ramp.

For those heading north on I-83 to come to my shop, get off at exit 35. When you stop at the end of the ramp, look straight ahead for the white vinyl sided shop with the 60 foot tall CB antenna sticking up off the back of the shop. That's me right in front of you.

Maybe I will bring my dog back for a reunion..

mightypudge
03-13-2014, 01:22 PM
Well, I've been on a lot of different forums over the years and I've gotten a lot out of all of them. I have seen my share of policy by the powers that be, and also behavior of the membership that I've found to be unfortunate and undesirable on some of those other forums...

Having said that...."Welcome to AGO"

I came here a few years ago from another forum, and found a different feel both in the membership and in the Admin. areas not to mention the "best on the internet" articles by the Autogeekonline staff from the awesomeness of Mike Phillips' articles and videos with a leading attitude from him and all the other staff, down to the great reviews and tutorials offered up by the various AG staff members that post them.

Autogeek is definitely a "class act" of a site and store.

Found my home away from home here at AGO.

As for making a 2 day excursion out of that weekend, that's absolutely fine with me. There's plenty of local lodging around my shop and some half decent restaurants in the area too, in case you don't want to do all that driving in coming here twice in one weekend.

If I had a spare bedroom I'd put you up for the evening but I don't. What I do have though is a grill and a steamer and a similar interest in grilled chicken breast and steamed vegetables.

As for equipment and products needed for the event, you won't need to bring anything. If you feel you must bring something to contribute to the event, a couple of Lake Country 5.5" Microfiber pads for working on your Mustang and the LSP (Wax or Sealant) of your choice. If you were considering a ceramic coating such as Opti-Coat 2.0 or similar, now would be the time to order that.

Feel free to call me on the phone and chat about it as we could cover a lot more ground that way rather than typing back and forth.
Thanks Dave, I'll give you as ring tonight at the number on your website!

tuscarora dave
03-13-2014, 01:22 PM
I'm honored to have Pearl as the featured car for the day and I cannot wait to see how she turns out.

So what color is Pearl?

mightypudge
03-13-2014, 01:31 PM
So what color is Pearl?High Performance White, like this one.

http://www.stangbarn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/359.jpg

tuscarora dave
03-13-2014, 01:35 PM
Maybe I will bring my dog back for a reunion..

I call Colt "Colt the bolt" for a reason. My neighbors Blue Nose Pit came charging across the yard and pounced on Colt. In a time frame as fast as a bolt of lightning, Colt tore that big dog a new one.

Colt is super friendly with kids and is well socialized with other dogs but he assumes a dominant role with even the biggest and scariest looking dogs and is very willing to fight with them. He doesn't even know that with one good chomp he'd be a goner.

I might or might not have him up at the shop that day and it would take just 5 minutes to take him back home.

You're more than welcome to bring your dog along, just giving you the heads up about Colt the Bolt.

Another thing to be aware of is the traffic can be non stop at my location so if you bring the pooch along and he/she is a runner, be mindful of all the traffic. It would sadden my heart to see a dog run out into traffic and get hit.

Hoytman
03-13-2014, 02:57 PM
How 'bout a little :bump: for Dave.

dcjredline
03-13-2014, 03:56 PM
I was just thinking...while were having a bunch of detailers there why don't we do some kind of charity car wash? Like for that local shelter or something? The one next door.

DetailKitty
03-13-2014, 04:00 PM
I was just thinking...while were having a bunch of detailers there why don't we do some kind of charity car wash? Like for that local shelter or something? The one next door.

1. Would we feel right mass-producing washes? I could see myself spending hours on a car and everyone in line getting pissed at me.

And

2. I'm not wearing a bikini! :eek::laughing:

Hoytman
03-13-2014, 04:10 PM

I would keep this a teaching event for those involved. Nothing wrong with charity work, but another time, another place. There's enough logistics involved with what Dave is doing...all while trying to run a business, take care of Pop's, and maintain one's sanity. :xyxthumbs:

Besides, if there's any extra time it could be spent on other participants auto's.

Guess I shouldn't be speaking for Dave, but I do have at least a little insight as to how full his plate is...whether he's at the shop or not.