PDA

View Full Version : Auto Detailing Day at Tuscarora Dave's (South Central PA)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

dsg03gt
03-21-2014, 08:34 AM
What time is this starting and ending?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

DetailKitty
03-21-2014, 08:39 AM

When we've cleaned every car in America :laughing:

Probably in the evening or whenever Dave kicks us out.

tuscarora dave
03-21-2014, 08:41 AM

I'm going to be at the shop by 8:00 am on Sunday morning, so it starts at 8 or anytime after that.

As for it ending...It's kind of like the American Legions do it....we close when the last guy leaves...

I have worked at night and even over night many times so we'll just wing it on the end time.

Becciasm
03-21-2014, 08:45 AM
I picked up a McCulloch MC-1275 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000DF0RB/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1). I've been watching this on Amazon for days and grabbed it once it went on sale.

Yes, the pre-treatment is for the carpets! :)

I don't have an extractor but I read the stuff works just as well with a steamer. We shall see.

Putting my $0.02 for a request - please bring the steamer, etc :)

I can put it through a tough test haha!

tuscarora dave
03-21-2014, 08:47 AM
When we've cleaned every car in America :laughing:
Dang...I'm going to have nightmares now.

Probably in the evening or whenever Dave kicks us out.

When I spin around with bloodshot eyes and chunks of hair missing, and bellow from the top of my lungs...."GET OUT!!!" :dblthumb2:

mightypudge
03-21-2014, 09:39 AM
Putting my $0.02 for a request - please bring the steamer, etc :)

I can put it through a tough test haha!Okay. Just keep in mind I'm driving up in a Mustang. Once I've loaded my overnight bag and few bottles of wax and sealant I'll be low on trunk space! :D

Kidding (sort of)... I'll definitely bring the steamer for you to check out.

mightypudge
03-21-2014, 09:42 AM
I'm going to be at the shop by 8:00 am on Sunday morning, so it starts at 8 or anytime after that.Bear in mind I'll be driving up Saturday and may show up at the shop as early as 10:30 AM, though possibly closer to 11:00 AM. I'm hoping the hotel lets me check in early.

Whatever you have in mind for Saturday, I'm game. If it's "DA Boot Camp" where I get to learn the ropes on an old panel you have lying around, that's cool.

Becciasm
03-21-2014, 09:47 AM
Kidding (sort of)... I'll definitely bring the steamer for you to check out.

(in best SNL Sean Connery) "The day is mine!"

If you cannot fit it in please do not worry about it! you'll have enough stuff to bring.

tuscarora dave
03-21-2014, 09:54 AM
Bear in mind I'll be driving up Saturday and may show up at the shop as early as 10:30 AM, though possibly closer to 11:00 AM. I'm hoping the hotel lets me check in early.

Whatever you have in mind for Saturday, I'm game. If it's "DA Boot Camp" where I get to learn the ropes on an old panel you have lying around, that's cool.

I know you have my phone number Andrew...But...this is exactly why I encouraged folks to click my signature link (website) and write down my phone number or save it to their cell phones.

Colt the Bolt will no doubt wake me at 6:58 am with stinky dog breath kisses, I'll make my coffee and check out the forum as usual and then I'm game for the first arrival on Saturday, just give me a call and let me know you're ready or on your way and I'll be there.

tuscarora dave
03-21-2014, 09:58 AM
(in best SNL Sean Connery) "The day is mine!"

If you cannot fit it in please do not worry about it! you'll have enough stuff to bring.

I also have that same steamer at the shop so there's no reason for him to bring it other than to have more than one on board that day, which shouldn't be necessary.

mightypudge
03-21-2014, 10:09 AM
It dawned on me today that I am going to spend all weekend getting my car as clean as humanly possible, then proceed to drive it home on the PA Turnpike for 90 minutes where it will become absolutely gross again. Ugh...

Maintenance will be covered on Sunday night, yes? :D

I see a lot of Waterless Wash in my future.

tuscarora dave
03-21-2014, 10:28 AM
It dawned on me today that I am going to spend all weekend getting my car as clean as humanly possible, then proceed to drive it home on the PA Turnpike for 90 minutes where it will become absolutely gross again. Ugh...

I see very few maintenance washes coming to me. When I see a car or a van in my shop it's usually teetering on needing a restoration more so than a detail, so I do my best and get it done.

The attendees coming to the event will be your teachers as to maintenance washing. I've learned a thing or 2 on the subject over the years despite not specializing in it.

Flash Gordon
03-21-2014, 10:36 AM
I see very few maintenance washes coming to me. When I see a car or a van in my shop it's usually teetering on needing a restoration more so than a detail, so I do my best and get it done.

The attendees coming to the event will be your teachers as to maintenance washing. I've learned a thing or 2 on the subject over the years despite not specializing in it.

:laughing:

Good Luck with the class Dave. Looks like it's going to be a good turnout

tuscarora dave
03-21-2014, 10:41 AM
When I see a car or a van in my shop it's usually teetering on needing a restoration more so than a detail.

See this,vvv

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/40219-tuscarora-dave-s-miscellaneous-stuff-thread-9.html#post1065908

:laughing:

Good Luck with the class Dave. Looks like it's going to be a good turnout

Thanks Flash...It should be fun.

Becciasm
03-21-2014, 11:03 AM
I also have that same steamer at the shop so there's no reason for him to bring it other than to have more than one on board that day, which shouldn't be necessary.

Ahh i apologize, missed that on my phone.

Yes, we will not have a need for two. :)

I will bring a quart of DP rinseless wash and gloss for you.

DP Rinseless Wash & Gloss, no rinse car wash, concentrated no rinse wash, quick detail spray, waterless wash (http://www.autogeek.net/dp-rinseless-four-in-one.html)

You shouldn't need more than that after your ride home :dblthumb2:

Well, with the paint correcting talent that will be present (everyone else more so than me) we'll get your car sorted.

Do we know what LSP we're going to use for the Mustang?

WG under 845 (your new purchase - great combo) or other?

I apologize if this has been stated already.