PDA

View Full Version : Drama

DavidJ021
07-11-2007, 06:45 PM
How's it going everyone?

I havent really had that great of a summer so far and it seems like the people I know are not either. What about you guys? Reading some threads seems like theres alot of anger going around.

So..

A "Breather" from Stress

:D

Source: Reprinted with permission from Herbert Benson, MD, Harvard Medical School and New England Deaconess Hospital, Relaxation Response (New York: William Morrow, 1975).

The following exercise is simple and should provide a relaxation response. Do it twice a day, preferably before breakfast and before dinner.

Sit in a comfortable position.
Close your eyes.
Deeply relax all your muscles and keep them relaxed.
Breathe through your nose. Become aware of your breathing and as you breathe out, repeat a word (such as "one") silently to yourself. Keep distracting thoughts from interfering by concentrating on repeating the word.
Continue for 10 to 20 minutes.
When you are done, do not stand up immediately, but sit with your eyes open for a few minutes.Note: Because this technique reduces stimulation, it may reduce your need for medication if you are suffering from high blood pressure. Check with your physician before you begin using this technique on a regular basis.

I like doing these. Calms me down. But lifting weights and a punching bag does wonders too :righton:

ScottB
07-11-2007, 08:05 PM
I find a quick shot in the afternoon of something "spirited" helps the summer go bye !

ltoman
07-11-2007, 08:09 PM
Oh gosh, i just tried to wipe that bug off my screen!!
rofl
I am a ding a ling!!
hee hee

Reddwarf
07-11-2007, 08:36 PM
rofl
I am a ding a ling!!
hee hee

Me too! I thought "what?! That bug... ohhhh"

Gary Sword
07-11-2007, 09:49 PM
Sounds like yoga meditation to me. I wish someone would wipe out that bug.

Gnarboots11
07-11-2007, 10:12 PM
i find washing a car, mowing the lawn, building something, cleaning something, fixing something are all theraputic. sitting around with my eyes closed for half an hour will just piss me off, unless im sleeping.

Nica
07-11-2007, 10:17 PM
Um...that bug is distracting :D...can't concentrate ...bla...nope not working bug is bugging me hahahahah :D

Just kidding, that's neat what you posted.

Thanks for sharing.

Surfer
07-11-2007, 11:07 PM
Um...that bug is distracting :D...can't concentrate ...bla...nope not working bug is bugging me hahahahah :D

Just kidding, that's neat what you posted.

Thanks for sharing.look at my other thread lol http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/off-topic/7747-davidj021.html

Like Killr I find a nice ol' Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is very relaxing:cheers:

Excessive Detail
07-12-2007, 02:01 AM
Damn the bug got me too.

klumzypinoy
07-13-2007, 04:22 AM
rofl
I am a ding a ling!!
hee hee

LOL! I got fooled too.

dengood1
07-13-2007, 05:53 PM
i find washing a car, mowing the lawn, building something, cleaning something, fixing something are all theraputic. sitting around with my eyes closed for half an hour will just piss me off, unless im sleeping.

:iagree:

Thejoyofdriving
07-13-2007, 06:13 PM

:iagree: