PDA

View Full Version : Estimated time to do...

Lexi65
03-11-2014, 12:33 AM
a 2 bucket method car wash for a mid-size vehicle? All
responses appreciated. Feed back please. :buffing:

jamesboyy
03-11-2014, 12:43 AM
It should be anywhere from 30 mins to a hour but that's just rough guess cause washing your most prised vehicle could take anywhere from a hour to ten or more hours

Kyle_Elantra
03-11-2014, 12:50 AM
It takes me about 3-4 hours to do a careful wash, maybe 1 or 2 for an aggressive wash.

This includes pulling everything out and then putting it all away.

BrianMcLeod
03-11-2014, 12:55 AM
Did a Toyota highlander today cleaned the wheels good and wash ,vacuum wipe down, it took me 1 hour and 30 mins

hernandez.art13
03-11-2014, 01:20 AM
It all depends for me, but I am always taking out my phone to take pictures or using my DSLR or having someone take pictures for me.

(can't wait for my shutter control to get here :) )

Usually about 2-4 hours for me (exterior only)

Setup my equipment

I wash the wheels, wheel wells, tires with a wheel cleaner or APC depending on the condition and I use a separate designated wash bucket for wheel and tires (I have about 10 brushes for wheels and tires alone and a designated wash mitt for this and 2 grit guards for this bucket alone, I'll show you guys later with what idea I came up with) I use Meguiar's Gold Class soap for this btw

Wash the car - foam gun and 2BM (I have 3 mitts for my paint alone) I then use UWW+ for my drying aid and I dab the paint dry)

Clean windows (interior/exterior)

wax wheels

dress tires and wheel wells

remove wax off wheels

Then pickup my gear and put it away

(it took me longer when I had to wax my car, but cleaning up the paint is a breeze now since it is Opti Coated, I highly recommend others coat their paint)

I like to wash the exterior about once a week. The interior I do once every 2 weeks (give or take)

I am always thinking about how I work when I cook. Meaning, I try to never cross contaminate. Every brush, towel, bucket, grit guard etc.. each has it's own designated job.

HateSwirls
03-11-2014, 06:05 AM
An hour to wash the wheels and another hour to wash the car.
That's using the two bucket method.

Just02896
03-11-2014, 06:07 AM
An hour to wash the wheels and another hour to wash the car.
That's using the two bucket method.

^^^This^^^
My time is pretty much the same.

Kevin Cullen
03-11-2014, 06:18 AM
About 11/2 hours from set up to complete finish. That includes degreasing door jam hinges.

parttimer
03-11-2014, 06:58 AM
I am shocked at some of the times people report. I mean 3-10+ hours for a wash? Are we using q-tips or washing a bus?

Sherif
03-11-2014, 06:59 AM
3-4 hours on my Grand Cherokee for the weekly foam gun & 2B wash (exterior only + quick wipe down of the door jambs)...
if I don't have enough time, I do a "quick" 2 hours wash with the same method but excluding:
cleaning wheels & tires with dedicated cleaners & brushes (just clean them with wash soap & separate mitt)
cleaning door jambs
waxing the wheels & dressing the tires
I know I'm slow :(

CarolinasFinestDetailing
03-11-2014, 07:02 AM
I think the general conception here is based on whether your`e doing a customer car and its a quick wash or full wash or your personal car, which we all baby.