PDA

View Full Version : What would you charge....

Pages : [1] 2

Dust2Glory
07-11-2007, 05:12 PM
to detail the outside of a 40ft motor home? I'm thinking of $10 a foot. Wash, dry, WG sealant, polish all chrome and metal pieces, tires and wheel wells. Then go back after 18 or so hours and put on paste wax. Is that a fair price for all that work?

Feed back please Feed back please Feed back please :grouphug:

sparkie
07-11-2007, 05:34 PM
Sounds like one heck of a good price for your client.

Gnarboots11
07-11-2007, 05:36 PM
$400 seems like a bargain. I imagine you will be going through a whole bottle of WG on that, or close to it, then a whole lotta wax. I wouldnt be surprised if you used $100 in product on that alone. You doing the inside too?

supercharged
07-11-2007, 05:44 PM
to detail the outside of a 40ft motor home? I'm thinking of $10 a foot. Wash, dry, WG sealant, polish all chrome and metal pieces, tires and wheel wells. Then go back after 18 or so hours and put on paste wax. Is that a fair price for all that work?

Feed back please Feed back please Feed back please :grouphug:
I'd say $450-500.

Al-53
07-11-2007, 05:56 PM
Thats a cheap rate ..actually a bargain....now I would skip the sealant and just do a wax like collinite Insulator Wax....now at 400.00 figure your expenses....

wax..

Tire stuff

metal polish if needed...

Polish if needed to remove any black streaks if any...

what is the condition of the outside..is it fiberglass or metal....any oxidation...

glass cleaner...

the going rate here is 15.00 a foot ..thats wash ...wax....dress tires.. glass..and polish all metal....no corrections..no insides....

figure your time and product expense.....

plus your going to need a ladder or platform to work on...a ladder stinks...you move it alot....

Al

Ong~Bak
07-11-2007, 06:02 PM

It would be for a 5th wheel.
If a bus style then 600 - 800 range, if you figure 40 ft a side then yeah you would be in the range

:cheers:

ltoman
07-11-2007, 08:13 PM
Good God - how much time are you supposed to finish that in?

budman3
07-11-2007, 08:18 PM
They really aren't that hard to do. Big & time consuming yes, but 40 feet of flat surface just to apply some wax or sealant on. I've done our RV a few times with Mothers Synwax and used probably 4 oz of product for a 38 footer. I would suggest using an AIO product to remove some light defects but also add protection to save time. For even better looks mist on some OCW to whatever LSP you are removing for the added bonus. A platform is a must... ladders are horrible...
Pricing- not sure, I personally would go by how many hours but that is for friends since I don't do this full time and don't want to screw them.

Dust2Glory
07-11-2007, 10:35 PM
Good God - how much time are you supposed to finish that in?

i don't have a time limit... i figure i would do part of it one day, then come back and top with wax. and I also have foam cannon (wahoo), and I've read a mixture that justin made up for an rv he did. so that should make wash process. I guess i need to call local detailers in my area and see what the heck they charge... then one up'em.

Dust2Glory
07-11-2007, 10:42 PM
Thats a cheap rate ..actually a bargain....now I would skip the sealant and just do a wax like collinite Insulator Wax....now at 400.00 figure your expenses....

wax..

Tire stuff

metal polish if needed...

Polish if needed to remove any black streaks if any...

what is the condition of the outside..is it fiberglass or metal....any oxidation...

glass cleaner...

the going rate here is 15.00 a foot ..thats wash ...wax....dress tires.. glass..and polish all metal....no corrections..no insides....

figure your time and product expense.....

plus your going to need a ladder or platform to work on...a ladder stinks...you move it alot....

Al

I wouldn't use my "good" stuff on a rig like this. I still have alot of RL polish and waxes that are set aside. They're good stuff, but not as AG. tire stuff is no prob. the guy that own it is a mega home builder in my area, so im sure it's pretty new and is good shape. im goin to his house next tues to do a couple of details for him. depending on what time i get done, I'll have him show me the rig, take some pics then post and see what you guys think

Dust2Glory
07-11-2007, 10:46 PM
They really aren't that hard to do. Big & time consuming yes, but 40 feet of flat surface just to apply some wax or sealant on. I've done our RV a few times with Mothers Synwax and used probably 4 oz of product for a 38 footer. I would suggest using an AIO product to remove some light defects but also add protection to save time. For even better looks mist on some OCW to whatever LSP you are removing for the added bonus. A platform is a must... ladders are horrible...
Pricing- not sure, I personally would go by how many hours but that is for friends since I don't do this full time and don't want to screw them.

What is OCW??

sneek
07-11-2007, 10:47 PM
optimum car wax

ejflanag
07-12-2007, 12:19 AM
I actually did a 40 fter about two months ago. I used an Poorboys all in one followed with a wax. It took me 12 hours knoked it out in one day started early and ended late. Make sure you bring a ladder lots of trips up and down. it was fairly easy becuase of the surface but time consuming. Good luck... Easy money i charged $400 becuase i knew the guy.

Excessive Detail
07-12-2007, 02:00 AM
I charged a guy $300 just to wash and wax an RV.

gator1
07-12-2007, 10:10 AM
I did one last year for a pro racing team I charged $ 1500.00. Just to do all the chrome on the rig was 2 hours may be more started at 5 am finish time 6.30 pm flat service or not it's a big job. Good Luck You will lot's of fun.