PDA

View Full Version : Missing flight MH370

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

mfrickman
03-10-2014, 10:22 PM
I hate it for the families that have been affected but it blows my mind how nothing from this plane has been found yet. I've seen stories of stolen passports and people removed from the plane prior to takeoff and it makes this whole situation a little sketchy. The huge oil spots that were initially spotted by Vietnamese Air Force were tested and came back negative for anything aircraft related.

What does everyone else think/speculate?

Here's a link for those that haven't heard: http://m.bbc.com/news/world-asia-26513506

Hopefully the families get some closure soon. I couldn't imagine what these folks are going through.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AG Online

Sicoupe
03-10-2014, 10:33 PM
Very sad news!

03-10-2014, 10:54 PM
Pretty crazy, the ocean is vast and very big as I remember from my Navy days. If there was mechanical error with the plane, a mayday would have gone out unless the plane instantly blew up. Very sad, we can only pray for the families who are currently dealing with the unknown..

mfrickman
03-10-2014, 10:59 PM
If the plane did blow up, there would be debris somewhere floating. Also, they've had no ping from the black boxes on the plane that are supposed to be able to withstand pretty substantial damage. I hate to sound like a conspiracy theorist but it's just not adding up.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AG Online

03-10-2014, 11:04 PM
It definitely gets the wheels spinning!

DetailingNoob
03-10-2014, 11:18 PM
May they rest in peace. Condolences go out to all the grieving families.

I agree, it certainly does not add up. I just don't see how it vanishes without a single trace.

Vegas Transplant
03-11-2014, 07:26 AM
Life is short.
Doo-doo happens.

Sounds fishy to me.

GenesisCoupe
03-11-2014, 07:57 AM
Definately something unexplainable...well..i'm never flying again..

BobbyG
03-11-2014, 08:13 AM
My take on this.

If Malaysian Airlines Flight MH370 was blown up intentionally or accidentally, the debris field would be extensive and easily visible. The locator beacons attached to the black boxes emit a signal every second and will continue for 30 days. These signalling beacons will also provide this signal 20,000 feet below the surface of the ocean…..

Be logical and ask yourself a few questions

Start with the passengers to see who they are and who or what they’re connected to.
Dissect the cargo manifest to determine what was in the cargo hold.
Were they carrying contraband and intentionally flown to a predetermined location.
Was there anyone else on board with flight experience ie, another pilot?
Look closely at the pilot and copilot.
Airliners do not vanish into thin air

parttimer
03-11-2014, 08:18 AM
I remember my LE days we had a talk with the Coasties about the Great Lakes region. Granted, this is a Lake we are talking about but they were able to pin point the location of any boat on the water and follow it. With all the technogadgets in the world how do we lose a plane?

CarolinasFinestDetailing
03-11-2014, 09:06 AM
^^^I agree Bobby.

DetailingNoob
03-11-2014, 09:11 AM
My take on this.

If Malaysian Airlines Flight MH370 was blown up intentionally or accidentally, the debris field would be extensive and easily visible. The locator beacons attached to the black boxes emit a signal every second and will continue for 30 days. These signalling beacons will also provide this signal 20,000 feet below the surface of the ocean…..

Be logical and ask yourself a few questions

Start with the passengers to see who they are and who or what they’re connected to.
Dissect the cargo manifest to determine what was in the cargo hold.
Were they carrying contraband and intentionally flown to a predetermined location.
Was there anyone else on board with flight experience ie, another pilot?
Look closely at the pilot and copilot.
Airliners do not vanish into thin air

I 100% agree. But if this is some sick cover up.. Then we aren't meant to know anything about it.

With the current tracking technology.. It is impossible for an airplane of that size to vanish.

Can't they look at satellite images and see the plane?

trekkeruss
03-11-2014, 09:26 AM
Can't they look at satellite images and see the plane?

You'd think U.S. military satellites would have images of everything. If the plane blew up, the images would show the plane being there, and then not there. If it fell from the sky, the images would show the entire flight path until the moment of water entry. If it was hijacked, the images would show where the plane headed and where it landed. But perhaps the satellites weren't in position, weren't active, or the military/government doesn't want to show its hand as to the actual capability of the satellites.

NYV6Coupe
03-11-2014, 09:39 AM
The defense dept has stated that their satellites are setup to look for, among other events, 'flashes' and they detected nothing in that area so they don't think their was a massive mid-air explosion.

if there was & the plane broke up the debris field would stretch for miles. If there was a rapid decompression that might help with the lack of communication iissue, but the plane would continue to fly on autopilot until it ran out of fuel like what happened to Payne Stewart.

for some reason the transponder was turned off & it physically disappeared from civilian & military radar. The pilot is/was an acknowledged technology geek to perhaps that comes in to play, maybe not.

got to think there were ssmart phones on board with GPS enabled that would be trackable but so far cannot be pinged. The black box pingers have not been heard & emergency beacons that activate when wet are silent.

this is stranger than a far fetched hollHollywood movie script.

DetailingNoob
03-11-2014, 09:46 AM
There has to be a lot of "inside" people for something like this to occur.