PDA

View Full Version : Shami or No Shami?

Cooch
03-10-2014, 01:01 PM
Hello everyone, this is my first post and have looked on here and couldn't find anything on the topic. So, my question is .... will a Shami remove the wax on a vehicle?

arisking
03-10-2014, 01:08 PM
Chamois*

It may remove wax, and it can marr paint.

Cooch
03-10-2014, 01:14 PM
thanks arisking,
I also have been looking at the "proper" way to wash a vehicle do you have any links, I have been having a heck of a time finding info on this site!

cleanmycorolla
03-10-2014, 01:44 PM
thanks arisking,
I also have been looking at the "proper" way to wash a vehicle do you have any links, I have been having a heck of a time finding info on this site!

Depends on which way you wash and which is proper, theres an entire HOW TO section of the forums that covers all of this, I believe it is below the Ask Mike section. How to Articles - Auto Geek Online Auto Detailing Forum (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-articles/)

Also, search YouTube, tons of info out there not really hard to find! ;)

Coopers ST
03-10-2014, 02:10 PM
thanks arisking,

I found the best way to search here is go to google, type in what you want to search for, then site:autogeekonline.net like in this example shami site:autogeekonline.net. That will use a google search for just here, it brings up 5 results including this thread, if you use the spelling 'Chamois' instead you get 294 results. I search that way for all kinds of things, even if just one post has the word it will show in the results. You can then use the google filter results to narrow down your results so you don't get hits from 5 years ago as really they may not be relevant as technology changed, or new products added to the market.

arisking
03-10-2014, 03:32 PM
I always do the site:www.autogeekonline.net thing.

FG400 microfiber pads site:blah blah
3401 technique site:blah blah

I always get the results I need and site is almost always www.autogeekonline.net anyway, ha.

I found the best way to search here is go to google, type in what you want to search for, then site:autogeekonline.net like in this example shami site:autogeekonline.net.

FUNX650
03-10-2014, 05:25 PM
Hello everyone, this is my first post and have looked on here and couldn't find anything on the topic.
So, my question is .... will a Shami remove the wax on a vehicle?
IMO: No...Not if they're used correctly.
(Follow manufactures instructions/directions.)

Results for chamois - Search (http://autogeek.commerce-search.net/search/catalog-autogeek--keywords-chamois--x-21--y-7)

Bob

07gtcs
03-10-2014, 07:50 PM
Sham-Wow!!! lol leaf blower and good drying towels

Cooch
03-11-2014, 06:20 PM
Thanks everyone for the excellent tips, I like the leave blower and nice clean soft towel! Thanks again. Yea, it also might be nice to spell to spell the word correctly in the title!