PDA

View Full Version : Gravity

PA DETAILER
03-10-2014, 12:16 PM
The movie. Got it on DTV this weekend. Amazing little 90 min. movie. No fluff all movie. The space shots are really something. Feels like your there.

wgilles
03-10-2014, 12:21 PM
I thought it was okay...I don't think it deserved all the praise it got at the Oscar's. I thought Dallas Buyers Club and 12 Years a Slave were better movies on almost all fronts and should have won more awards than they did.

CarolinasFinestDetailing
03-10-2014, 12:25 PM
Haven`t seen it yet. I just now watched World War Z. I like that a lot.

hernandez.art13
03-10-2014, 12:29 PM
I didn't remember what movie Gravity was so I just YouTubed it

Here you guys go: Gravity (trailer)

Gravity - Official Main Trailer [2K HD] - YouTube (http://youtu.be/OiTiKOy59o4)

I find it strange how we don't really think about being up in space or what they have to do up there, but probably seeing this movie will give the viewers some understanding of what might go on up there or probably has already gone on.

I'll have to check this movie out.

cleanmycorolla
03-10-2014, 12:37 PM
My wifey works for Nasa and JPL she actually was part of the team that built the Mars rover. Dont even get me started and how false half the science is in that movie according to her....

However,it is a great movie. Just dont expect to blow yourself around space with fire extinguisher. ;-)

trekkeruss
03-10-2014, 01:24 PM
Haven't seen it.

I get all philosophical when I think about space. Like for example, we are all in space, traveling on spaceship Earth. We are not standing still, either; the Earth is revolving around the Sun at 67000 mph...and so are we. Lord knows how fast we are moving the the galaxy and universe!

StangFan25
03-10-2014, 01:42 PM
The movie itself isn't that great, but in 3D on my Panasonic VT60, it looks breathtaking. The blacks and contrast are stunning!

Harry Da Hamster
03-10-2014, 01:57 PM
Best movie of last year!!! But you gotta see it in IMAX 3D. It was crazy seeing everything on the big screen and piecing together everything you studied about in elementary school.

CarolinasFinestDetailing
03-10-2014, 02:03 PM
I love my 3D Panasonic plasma and seeing movies on it as well.

jdscooby
03-10-2014, 02:08 PM
Sandra Bullock is hot!!

StangFan25
03-10-2014, 04:20 PM
I love my 3D Panasonic plasma and seeing movies on it as well.

What model? :)

Harry Da Hamster
03-10-2014, 05:08 PM
Sandra Bullock is hot!!

Jesse James ###### up...

Especially since it is estimated she will make $75 mil after all box office sales.

BobbyG
03-10-2014, 05:40 PM
Haven`t seen it yet. I just now watched World War Z. I like that a lot.

Same here but I didn't see you in my living room! :D

melF1fan
03-10-2014, 05:47 PM
I thought Gravity was great.

I saw this when it first came out in IMAX and it was awesome!

The effects were really something. I know people knock that most of the effects isn't factually real but I haven't heard any negatives about other space related movies.

That's like saying stuff in Star Wars or Man of Steel can't happen. Just enjoy it for what it is - A Movie. We watch movies to escape the real world and be entertained.

Anyway, i picked up the Blu Ray and hope to watch it soon on my "50 Panasonic Plasma. Hopefully most of the feeling i got is kept with the Blu Ray. :props: