PDA

View Full Version : Narrowed down to 3 Sealants

Pages : [1] 2

DetailingNoob
03-10-2014, 12:03 AM
Narrowed it down to these 3 Sealants.
Key Features I Need

*Fastest curing time (I live in FL with no Garage)
*Easiest application
*Best beading
*Will go on a black car

DP Poli-Coat Paint Sealant, polymer paint sealant, auto paint sealant, DP Policoat paint sealant, paint sealer (http://www.autogeek.net/dp-poli-coat-paint-sealant.html)

Menzerna Power Lock Polymer Paint Sealant, Menzerna auto sealant, car sealant, paint sealant protectant (http://www.autogeek.net/menzerna-power-lock-sealant.html)

Optimum Opti-Seal 8 oz. Free Bonus! New & Improved! (http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-opti-seal.html)

Want to purchase ASAP.. will be doing a detail soon. Which would you go with considering my circumstances?
Thanks guys.

parttimer
03-10-2014, 06:33 AM
Pinnacle Black label coating or Woflgang Deep Gloss would be my two. I've heard good things about the menz though.

custmsprty
03-10-2014, 06:58 AM
PBL Diamond Paint Sealant

HUMP DIESEL
03-10-2014, 07:25 AM
Menzerna Powerlok is a really great sealant, I use it. It is a put on let cure type of sealant, It comes off easy when allowed to cure and leaves a really slick finish that looks great. I also have started using Opti-Seal and I have to say I really like it. It cuts the time down on application, and it really does a great job. Also, 8 oz will last you a very long time.

HUMP

DetailingNoob
03-10-2014, 07:41 AM
WG deep gloss 3.0 curing time is something like ~9 hours. Living in Florida's bi polar weather and no garage.. It's a risk.

I should have mentioned somewhat budget friendly..the PBL is $50 for 8oz.

Question: can I apply a coating of wax before the paint sealant has cured. Or do I have to wait til the sealant cures then add the wax.

Klasse Act
03-10-2014, 07:49 AM
Out of the 3 YOU are asking about and have nailed down, I would go with DP but its because I've tried it personally and its very easy to use and looks great, plus the price, win, win and win! I'm sure your other 2 choices are good as well but I will only comment on one I have and have actually used, good luck and maybe try and find a palm tree to park under for some shade!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

Centexhokie
03-10-2014, 08:34 AM
I have had PBL sealant on my wife's Nissan for 6 months now. I wash it and it shines and beads wonderfully. I just put it on my car this weekend after this 6 month test on hers. Very easy application and it is able to withstand rain in 1 hour.

JHL88
03-10-2014, 09:13 AM
Can't go wrong with Powerlock. One app this winter lasted me 5 months and with very minimal washing. Salt was stuck on it the majority of the time.

I also have DP Poli coat but have not used it yet. It claims durability up to a year and less cure times compared to other sealants like Powerlock.

Id probably go with DP just because its pretty cheap.

zerix
03-10-2014, 10:06 AM
I vote for Sonax Polymer Net Shield

Just02896
03-10-2014, 10:09 AM
I vote for Sonax Polymer Net Shield

+1! It's easier than using a detailer spray and it's protection lasts a very long time. Water beads up and runs off impressively. Acts more like a coating than a sealant.

DetailingNoob
03-10-2014, 10:47 AM
Oh goodness ..lol
Just when I thought I was a step closer to finally making my decision.. More come in.

Sonax polymer net shield.. Isn't that aersol can based? How can that be as effective as the paste type..

octane
03-10-2014, 10:53 AM
+1 on the netshield

or Powerlock, great product!

jamesboyy
03-10-2014, 11:05 AM
Another vote on menzerna powerlock, that some great stuff

Old Pirate
03-10-2014, 11:10 AM
To the OP, any sealant will work for you. Try coming to Detail Fest this weekend and see all the products and take the one home with you for your ride.

wdmaccord
03-10-2014, 12:40 PM
WG deep gloss 3.0 curing time is something like ~9 hours. Living in Florida's bi polar weather and no garage.. It's a risk.

I should have mentioned somewhat budget friendly..the PBL is $50 for 8oz.

Question: can I apply a coating of wax before the paint sealant has cured. Or do I have to wait til the sealant cures then add the wax.

I would wait to apply wax. Personally, I wait at least 24 hours after I have wiped off the haze. 8-12 hours might be fine as I think a lot of the sealants cure within that time period. I usually on wax my own cars, so I have the luxury of waiting that long. If a customer wanted it, I'd probably do it around the 8 hour time (using BF Wet Diamond Sealant).