PDA

View Full Version : Sold on Collinite 845

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

HateSwirls
03-09-2014, 08:11 PM
OK so I sealed my RAV a few weeks back, I wanted to top it, but with what being I have many toppers to chose from.
I decided to try out the Collinite 845.
This wax "wowed me" big time.

So easy to work with, in fact the easiest wax I ever used.
Just a few drops all it takes to do an entire hood, I applied it, waited 30 seconds per directions and buffed off , not only was it easy to do but zero dusting , NONE!

The shine was incredible and slick.
From reading reviews is will last months, not 1-2 months but more like 5 months , should have protection throughout the summer being I have one coat of Wolfgang Paint Sealant and two coats of the 845, I applied the second coat 24 hours after apply my first coat.
Hard to beleive a bottle sells for only $17.00, even better value being a tiny bit goes a long way.

The car is black so it shows everything, after I removed the wax there wasn't any streaking of any kind, just a flawless finish is all I saw:dblthumb2:

You gotta try the Collinite 845, you just gotta:dblthumb2:

My rating for this product is a strong 5 stars:)

tpr1634
03-09-2014, 08:16 PM
:iagree: I just wish I started to use it earlier, I have tried every thing from Adams to Chemical Guys, this product is not overpriced with a fancy bottle and label. Totally awesome:buffing:

swanicyouth
03-09-2014, 08:28 PM
I can say the same thing about 915. It's a first class easy to use wax, that spreads forever and looks awesome. True 'nuba glow. While it didn't last as long as I'd like, it's still an awesome wax.

I don't know where Collinite got the rep it's hard to use - but I was using it today in full sun on warm panels with zero issues, dust, or streaking.

It's a man's wax.

tpr1634
03-09-2014, 08:32 PM
From reading reviews is will last months, not 1-2 months but more like 5 months.:buffing:

We have had a brutal winter this year, I applied 2 coats and it held up great. Under normal weather I think 4 to 5 months before a booster shot would be needed.:buffing:

TundraPower
03-09-2014, 08:54 PM
I can say the same thing about 915. It's a first class easy to use wax, that spreads forever and looks awesome. True 'nuba glow. While it didn't last as long as I'd like, it's still an awesome wax.

I don't know where Collinite got the rep it's hard to use - but I was using it today in full sun on warm panels with zero issues, dust, or streaking.

It's a man's wax.

Wow...I've heard Collinite called a lot of things but never a man's wax.

HateSwirls
03-09-2014, 09:00 PM
I have been thinking of a wax , any wax that can compete with the Collinite 845 on durability regardless of cost.

I read up some on how detailers said it was hard to remove, I don't get it, I mean it comes off with one wipe.
I let it dry on one panel for 30 minutes just to see if it would be hard to remove, nope, just as easy as waiting 30 seconds.

Amazing wax

CDot
03-09-2014, 09:26 PM
Colli 845 lasts on my car 5-7 months, welcome to the family!

taxi_dub
03-09-2014, 09:51 PM
This will definitely be in my next order!

GettingStarted
03-09-2014, 09:55 PM
heavy application and not letting it cure properly are the only times I've ever had problems with collinite. but that was when i first started detailing, now its a breeze.

DetailingNoob
03-09-2014, 10:04 PM
Really thinking about ordering this now ... right now I have CG Butter Wet Wax.

MarkD51
03-09-2014, 10:20 PM
I have been thinking of a wax , any wax that can compete with the Collinite 845 on durability regardless of cost.

I read up some on how detailers said it was hard to remove, I don't get it, I mean it comes off with one wipe.
I let it dry on one panel for 30 minutes just to see if it would be hard to remove, nope, just as easy as waiting 30 seconds.

Amazing wax

That's easy, Collinite's own #476!

Imacanyone
03-09-2014, 10:34 PM
applied two coats this weekend to my car and it was an absolute dream. easy to use and looks awesome !!!!!

peter hurcos
03-09-2014, 10:48 PM
Its almost too durable. How do I get this stuff off? I use the paste wax version 476 because I use a DA. Its been four months, and still clings like the dickens. I thought today that the beading was ever so slighly less tight, but it could have been my imagination. It just sails through the winter.

There are worse problems.

poweraid
03-09-2014, 11:50 PM
845 is darn durable , cheap , and easy to use . would be a product I'd reach for those daily driver details .
if you need to remove it or say make sure it's removed a strong detergent wash prob ain't gonna cut it . u will need to use a paint cleanser like dp-dg-wg-pinnacle to do so or say if u need to clay and polish will suffice of course also

One2nine
03-10-2014, 12:44 AM
Ok so we are finally getting a few day break in the weather here in pa. I want to do a good scrub down of the truck and finally try out my 845. Any tips on getting the wax warmed to make it less chunky? Soak the bottle in warm water? Temp here will be around 50 tomorrow.