PDA

View Full Version : Detroit Autorama.

57BORNTORUN
03-09-2014, 12:50 PM
The Great`s Eights have been picked.The 67 Nova was painted by Charlie Hutton but polished by our very own Robert Diterlizzi from Impressions here in Palm City,Fl.Robert has been a long time contributor to the Thursday night makeovers and Mikes right hand man.He as well has taught me much and is a good friend. I had the privilege of seeing the Nova being built over the past year and now it`s in the "EIGHTS".Congrats to BUILT BY MIRANDA and Robert.
We've Got the 2014 Detroit Autorama Great Eight (http://blogs.hotrod.com/weve-got-the-2014-detroit-autorama-great-eight-107663.html#axzz2vOQgpYMw)

hernandez.art13
03-09-2014, 12:56 PM
It's nice seeing the Meguiar's logo up there for everyone to see after hearing the story behind it and how it got there.

A Meguiar's Documentary would be nice to see. How it all started

anyone have a link on what is Autorama? Sorry I don't know what this is (I admitted it to the class) :laughing:

Thanks

57BORNTORUN
03-09-2014, 04:07 PM
:bump2: for my Buddy Robert.

FUNX650
03-09-2014, 04:25 PM
When I get the chance, I was planning on driving down to Mr. Robert Diterlizzi's area of our great Country, and have him spruce up the vehicle before going over and visit with the good folks at AGO HQ.

Now it appears that, (what with Mr. Diterlizzi's latest excursion into "celebritydom")...
I'll have to inform my Wife she's looking at putting in a few more overtime hours than initially anticipated, in order to help defray the cost of the aforementioned sprucing-up.

Congratulations Robert!!

Bob

57BORNTORUN
03-09-2014, 05:02 PM
When I get the chance, I was planning on driving down to Mr. Robert Diterlizzi's area of our great Country, and have him spruce up the vehicle before going over and visit with the good folks at AGO HQ.

Now it appears that, (what with Mr. Diterlizzi's latest excursion into "celebritydom")...
I'll have to inform my Wife she's looking at putting in a few more overtime hours than initially anticipated, in order to help defray the cost of the aforementioned sprucing-up.

Congratulations Robert!!

Bob
Thanks for that and unless you attend the Thursday night makeovers you cant realize how much energy that Mike has to find to pull them off to the degree that that you see in the pics.Robert is right there working with the newbes and the less experienced like me.Shows well for our area of FL.

Pats300zx
03-09-2014, 07:14 PM
Great stuff. Way to represent Robert :xyxthumbs:

57BORNTORUN
03-10-2014, 08:05 AM
One more bump for Robert to get congrats from the family of GEEKS.:buffing:

Impressions
03-11-2014, 07:27 AM
Thanks guys!
It's really a smokin hot car and was a great pleasure to be asked to perform my magic after the great Charlie Hutton painted it!
Tim, thanks for your kind words as well as everyone else!
The car also won the C.A.R.L. Award, best overall vehicle picked by Autorama staff!

Mike Phillips
03-11-2014, 07:48 AM
Congratulations Robert!

Way to go! Here's a a larger version of the picture of this car. I also put this in your gallery here on AGO.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/IMG_4498.jpg

(Lurkers can't see attachments)

:dblthumb2:

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
03-11-2014, 07:58 AM
Nicely done Robert! Followed along on your FB page.

Impressions
03-11-2014, 08:30 AM
Thanks Smack & Mike!