PDA

View Full Version : help me, i'm trying to learn

Imacanyone
03-09-2014, 11:12 AM
ok i'm new to detailing, just wanna take care of my own car. there are so many products for so many uses i am confused with what to use when. my car has been freshly waxed (2 coats). i live in Florida so i can wash and wax any time i want. i generally wash my car every weekend and it is garage kept.

1. i think i'm suppose to use a waterless wash for spot cleaning between washes. IS THIS CORRECT ?

there are so many products for this. everyone has their own opinion as to whats best. i think i'm leaning towards Ultima Waterless Wash Plus+ Concentrate.

2. when would i use a Quick Detailer ? after a spot cleaning with the waterless wash? after a hand wash. Is a Quick Detailer meant to "quickly wax" after a wash or spot cleaning.

i'm leaning towards Detailer’s Pro Series Final Gloss™ Quick Detailer for this.

3. it seems like the waterless wash and quick detailer are similar products that do the same thing with the QD being a better product. does the novice NEED both products. i'm not looking at pinching pennies but don't want to buy something i don't need.

i guess the information i'm looking for is if i go for a drive and get some bugs or bird poop on my car what it the recommended path to spot clean until i do a complete wash.

sorry for being long winded but there is just so much information out there it is easy to get overloaded with info.

thanks

GenesisCoupe
03-09-2014, 11:19 AM
ok i'm new to detailing, just wanna take care of my own car. there are so many products for so many uses i am confused with what to use when. my car has been freshly waxed (2 coats). i live in Florida so i can wash and wax any time i want. i generally wash my car every weekend and it is garage kept.

1. i think i'm suppose to use a waterless wash for spot cleaning between washes. IS THIS CORRECT ?

Yes, or you may wash your entire car if the simple dust is present.

there are so many products for this. everyone has their own opinion as to whats best. i think i'm leaning towards Ultima Waterless Wash Plus+ Concentrate.

I use CG EcoSmart RU, but i know Blackfire Waterless is better because you can also do the windows.

2. when would i use a Quick Detailer ? after a spot cleaning with the waterless wash? after a hand wash. Is a Quick Detailer meant to "quickly wax" after a wash or spot cleaning.

QD can be used to remove any streaks after a waterless, diluted ONR, or simply get a QD. I use it to help with removal of small water spots (if any), and i believe it is a good addition after a sealant or wax application

i'm leaning towards Detailer’s Pro Series Final Gloss™ Quick Detailer for this.

3. it seems like the waterless wash and quick detailer are similar products that do the same thing with the QD being a better product. does the novice NEED both products. i'm not looking at pinching pennies but don't want to buy something i don't need.

i guess the information i'm looking for is if i go for a drive and get some bugs or bird poop on my car what it the recommended path to spot clean until i do a complete wash.

sorry for being long winded but there is just so much information out there it is easy to get overloaded with info.

I wouldn't get both if you are looking to touch up panels. A Waterless wash will do just fine, in my opinion

thanks

You're welcome :)

Imacanyone
03-09-2014, 12:18 PM
thanks for you feedback

hernandez.art13
03-09-2014, 12:29 PM
I would honestly just get UWW+. It can be used on a lot of areas of you car.

Paint
Windows
Dashboard

it can be used as a clay lube
waterless wash
rinse less was (haven't tried this yet)
QD

I also really like to use it as a drying aid too.

Imacanyone
03-09-2014, 12:31 PM
I would honestly just get UWW+. It can be used on a lot of areas of you car.

Paint
Windows
Dashboard

it can be used as a clay lube
waterless wash
rinse less was (haven't tried this yet)
QD

I also really like to use it as a drying aid too.

there is a BOGO for Pinnacle Liquid Crystal Waterless Wash Concentrate with Carnauba right now. in your opinion would that be worth it to go with that instead of UWW because of the deal?

hernandez.art13
03-09-2014, 12:39 PM
I actually have a gallon of it. lol

IMO while works great. Due to the carnauba it has. It's somewhat a pain to work with.

other than paint I don't see other uses for it.

can't be used on

windows
dashboard
clay lube (well this it can but to much of a pain to work with)

you can PM me and I'll send you a sample of the pinnacle ww.

UWW+ can be used on all those things btw

ducksfan
03-09-2014, 12:40 PM
I think you have old names/concepts that have started to blur as time goes on.
Shampoos, rinseless, waterless, QD, and even some waxes basically do 3 things: clean, shine and protect. I judge the products on how well they do the combination I'm looking for (and the dirt condition of the car). Not the title they put on the bottle.Pick the one that gives you the combination you want for your situation.