PDA

View Full Version : Stains in or on the paint

eland
07-11-2007, 09:43 AM
I just received my goodies from AG and went to the garage to try the XMT line on the hood of my "05 f150. In the South we have alot of Crepe Myrtles (type of tree that produces pink flowers ) when the flowers fall from the trees and land on a vehicle the sun seems to bake it into the finish and it leaves a stain.
I started with XMT 1 and a grey pad and it took some of it out so next I went an orange pad with the XMT2 and it took a little more out. My question is am I doing damage to the clear coat and is there something else I can try?

I did wash and clay first.

budman3
07-11-2007, 04:13 PM
I would try a paint cleaner first, if you have one. Klasse AIO, XMT360, Poorboy's Pro Polish, any paint cleanser, etc. If not you'll just have to keep going at it with an abrasive polish. XMT2 & orange pad isn't hurting your clear.

eland
07-11-2007, 04:25 PM
Thanks budman3. I needed to order a few more things anyway.

D
07-11-2007, 04:33 PM
If XMT 2 and orange pad didnt get rid of it then XMT 360 and orange pad wont do anything.

eland
07-11-2007, 06:57 PM
The XMT and the orange pad removed some but the stain ( I'm talking about a spot thats about the size of a fingernail ) but you can still see it. I think I'll try another pass with the orange pad and the XMT 2.

ScottB
07-11-2007, 08:23 PM
move up to XMT 3 and the orange pad. A chemical paint cleaner (Pinnacle , P21S) might help chemically strip the stains but it sounds more like etching which means polish or wet-sanding.