PDA

View Full Version : What do you use on top of a sealant???

Darion
03-08-2014, 06:08 PM
So, I had applied Four Star Ultimate Paint Protection to our Denali before winter. Product was great to apply and seems to be doing the job just fine, looks good too. The question I have is what do y'all use on top of sealant to clean it without removing the sealant itself?

Thanks for the info!

Patrick

HateSwirls
03-08-2014, 06:33 PM
Right now I'm applying Collinite 845 wax over the Wolfgang Paint Sealant.
All I can say is wow on how it's looking.
Amazing really.

Btw. First time using the 845, it's so darn easy to apply and remove, no dusting, none whatsoever. I'm sold on it.

tpr1634
03-08-2014, 06:35 PM
Amazing really.

Btw. First time using the 845, it's so darn easy to apply and remove, no dusting, none whatsoever. I'm sold on it.

X2:buffing:

jamesboyy
03-08-2014, 07:04 PM
Amazing really.

x3

MNDSMtuner96
03-08-2014, 07:05 PM
Pinnacle Souveran or SS2

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AG Online

Hazcat
03-08-2014, 07:13 PM
I use UWWplus as a lubricant while drying and it leaves a nice smooth boost to sealants. If i want to go a step further I'll use Optimum Spray Wax which at one point I didn't think I liked now it's my go to product. Go figure....guys here sold me on it. Pretty smart people here if you open your mind.

Loser
03-08-2014, 07:19 PM
Right now I'm topping my sealant with Pinnacle Signature Series II wax. For maintenance washes, both bucket and rinseless, I spray some Chemical Guys V7 during drying for added protection.

Just02896
03-08-2014, 07:24 PM
Sonax Netshield works great over WDGPS!

Darion
03-08-2014, 07:32 PM
So sorry, poorly crafted title on my part. I got the wax on top of part down, I like SS2.

What I am looking for is a cleaner to use on top of sealant that will not remove the sealant. I have small specks of stuff sitting on the the sealant after washing, some tar, tree crap and so on. I want this off but want the sealant to stay on.

Thanks again,

PC

Just02896
03-08-2014, 07:42 PM
So sorry, poorly crafted title on my part. I got the wax on top of part down, I like SS2.

What I am looking for is a cleaner to use on top of sealant that will not remove the sealant. I have small specks of stuff sitting on the the sealant after washing, some tar, tree crap and so on. I want this off but want the sealant to stay on.

Thanks again,

PC

Chances are, the contaminants that you think are "on" the sealant are in fact below or through the sealant and affixed to the clearcoat. Your best course of action would be either Iron-x or to clay the paint lightly with a fine grade clay. After claying you'll want to re-apply the sealant as clay can partially remove waxes and sealants.

Darion
03-08-2014, 07:51 PM
Chances are, the contaminants that you think are "on" the sealant are in fact below or through the sealant and affixed to the clearcoat. Your best course of action would be either Iron-x or to clay the paint lightly with a fine grade clay. After claying you'll want to re-apply the sealant as clay can partially remove waxes and sealants.

I had also thought of that so I tested a small area with Pinnacle paint cleanser and the stuff came off with little effort. I just don't want to do the whole car and then reapply if it's not necessary.

PC

FUNX650
03-08-2014, 07:56 PM

Thanks again,

PC
Sounds like some of these contaminates are going to take cleaners (solvents) that will cause, to some degree or another: degradation of the Wax/Sealant.

The good news is that once they're removed (and any Sealant that happens to go with them)...
LSP-protection/Restoration is as near as another application of the Sealant to the affected areas.

"Topping" with SS2 is optional.

Bob

Darion
03-08-2014, 08:04 PM
Sounds like some of these contaminates are going to take cleaners (solvents) that will cause, to some degree or another: degradation of the Wax/Sealant.

The good news is that once they're removed (and any Sealant that happens to go with them)...
LSP-protection/Restoration is as near as another application of the Sealant to the affected areas.

"Topping" with SS2 is optional.

Bob

Thanks Bob. Ya, pretty much what I am thinking just looking to save a step if I can. Tough getting much done during winter up here in Ohio, been really cold and the amount of salt on the roads is ridiculous.

Thanks,

PC

VP Mark
03-08-2014, 08:18 PM
I Dont really dig topping sealants. With proper prep a stand alone sealant will look just as good as a topped one.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online