PDA

View Full Version : car wash frequency

twobucket
03-08-2014, 01:21 PM
my car is parked on an outdoor lot and I drive the car maybe 2 times a week for errands.

I just washed my car last week but now it is already covered with dust. Some fine white dust spots at the trunk area, maybe salt?

Plan to wash it with ONRWW again, but only having driven it twice since last wash bothers me..

What do you guys think?

inDetail
03-08-2014, 01:39 PM
If it's kept outdoors it's gonna get dirt on it all day long. You can do two things get a car cover or do a QD wipe down in between washes. After I detail my own cars I try to touch it as little as possible. It takes me 10 minutes to QD a car that is not really dirty. Usually once or twice a week. It's faster and cheaper then a wash.

Klasse Act
03-08-2014, 01:44 PM
You should make some QD out of rinseless wash so you can do a wipe down but if the dirt is more than a couple days old you'll be better off doing a rinseless wash, much safer. The rinsless wash made up as a QD should be used every other day for a nice clean-up.

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

HateSwirls
03-08-2014, 01:49 PM
My black RAV4 is parked in our garage but driven daily, my wife drives it each day to go to and from work.
It doesn't take long to see dust sitting on the paint so 2-3 times a week I use the DP Rinse-Less Wash to maintain it.

During the summer months I use a detail spray daily to keep that just washed look, takes only 20 minutes to clean it.

I love the fact that we don't have to use a hose and buckets to keep our cars clean, more so on a black car per water spotting.
Gotta love it:dblthumb2: