PDA

View Full Version : New house drama

Redfireshaker06
03-08-2014, 12:56 PM
Hey guys. Long time no chat. Been gone working on my very first house I bought all by myself and haven't been around here much.

My worry, which I am sure is a problem. My house runs off a deep well. Which in turn means higher salt and mineral contents. The house was built in 06. Not sure why they did a deep well instead of a shallow. My salt content was 1000 ppm and my neighbors was 400ppm. I'm assuming they are on a shallow.

I have been afraid to wash my car knowing my salt content is higher, can taste it in the water. But I don't really have much choice. I finally broke down and washed it because of detail fest coming up. Do I have anything to worry about when just doing normal washes? Is there anything out there I can attach to just the outside faucet I'd be using for the car wash to help with the situation?

Thanks in advance guys, see you in a week

jamesboyy
03-08-2014, 01:11 PM
You could try a inline water filter from lowes or home depot or switch to rinseless washes, and just use bottle water

Nick McKees37
03-08-2014, 02:11 PM
I'd install one of these: Deluxe Clean Water Filter Kit (http://www.autogeek.net/deluxe-filter-system.html)

That should help out considerably. :dblthumb2:

RMM
03-08-2014, 02:25 PM
Add ONR to your bucket of water+shampoo: it softens the water and adds lubricity to the mix.

Redfireshaker06
03-08-2014, 06:11 PM
Thanks guys. I have a pretty good water softener. I'm just worried about the salt in the water.