PDA

View Full Version : Anyone like to help a newbie? :)

mightypudge
03-08-2014, 09:02 AM
Hey all! I've been a lurker for a while, decided to finally post.

I have kind of an odd request but here it goes.

Yesterday I bought my dream car, a 2009 Mustang GT/CS. She's in really nice shape, and I'd like to keep her that way. I've been reading about proper washing/waxing/detailing for some time now and have every intention of doing the work myself. Seems like a nice Sunday hobby once the weather warms a bit.

Here's the thing - I really want to learn to do this right. Due to some ADHD issues, reading about this isn't enough for me to feel confident in my skills. I'm very much a hands-on learner.

Is there anyone in the PA/NJ area that would be willing to spend some time with me and teach me the ropes?

Thanks for the consideration!

Eandras
03-08-2014, 09:10 AM
I am in North Jersey and would be willing to help.
If you list your location in your profile would help

Ed

tuscarora dave
03-08-2014, 09:18 AM
I'm in PA but all the way in the Harrisburg area. I've been known to spend a little time helping newbies with the ropes. No tentative date but I've been kicking around thoughts for having a day where local detailers, or those that don't mind a little road trip could come to my shop and get some hands on training and just talk detailing or whatever.

It's fun meeting new people with similar interests, and it's fun teaching people this craft.

Eandras
03-08-2014, 09:27 AM
Dave I as an enthusiasts would love to your shop and learn how to improve my process.

OP. Since you are close to NJ & PA look for the PoorBoys World detail weekends. Lot of people who go and learn detailing. They provide product for you to use. Just need to bring your own da,pads, and other tools.

Ed

mightypudge
03-08-2014, 03:56 PM
I am in North Jersey and would be willing to help.
If you list your location in your profile would help

EdWow, awesome! Thanks Ed. I just listed my location in my profile.

Kyle_Elantra
03-08-2014, 05:08 PM
Dave you know I'm in if you have an open shop day!

mightypudge
03-08-2014, 07:14 PM
I'm in PA but all the way in the Harrisburg area. I've been known to spend a little time helping newbies with the ropes. No tentative date but I've been kicking around thoughts for having a day where local detailers, or those that don't mind a little road trip could come to my shop and get some hands on training and just talk detailing or whatever.

It's fun meeting new people with similar interests, and it's fun teaching people this craft.Awesome! It would be worth the two hour drive to Harrisburg for me to learn this skill. Let me know if you want to set aside a day in or if you decide to do the group thing in the near future.

tuscarora dave
03-09-2014, 12:07 PM
Dave I as an enthusiasts would love to your shop and learn how to improve my process.

OP. Since you are close to NJ & PA look for the PoorBoys World detail weekends. Lot of people who go and learn detailing. They provide product for you to use. Just need to bring your own da,pads, and other tools.

Ed

Dave you know I'm in if you have an open shop day!

Awesome! It would be worth the two hour drive to Harrisburg for me to learn this skill. Let me know if you want to set aside a day in or if you decide to do the group thing in the near future.

Great!! I like to see some interest in some members wanting to come out for a detailing day at my shop. "Kyle Elantra" has been over for a one on one day and so has "Detail Kitty". I'm sure they can attest to the casual feel of the experience, which I too like. With those two members it was mainly a session in theory with a little hands on work with whatever polishers I had on hand or ones that they brought with them.

I'd really like to see a detailing project unfold the next time we get together, where those attending bring the polishers they'll be using regularly to do the paint work. I'd do my best to assist with answering any questions, or offer any guidance as to techniques that I am familiar with. We could do exterior paint work or interior work or both depending on how many attendees might come out.

The sun is shining and the days are getting warmer. Those of you who are expressing an interest in getting together at my shop for a detailing day, if you would be so kind as to send me a PM titled "Interested in detailing day" and leave your contact information in the PM. I'll save those PMs to a folder so I can Make contact with tentative a date for the event, and this way I'll also have a head count in order to be better prepared for the event.

When I see some PMs coming in I'll start a new thread where I'll compile the list of those who will be coming and an open invitation for others who might want to come out as well.

Eandras
03-10-2014, 06:30 PM
I pm you with a list of polishers that I can bring.

Ed

HateSwirls
03-10-2014, 06:48 PM
A couple of months back I helped a local guy to teach him the basics, I think I enjoyed it more:)

Visitor22
05-01-2014, 05:34 PM
Hey all! I've been a lurker for a while, decided to finally post.

I have kind of an odd request but here it goes.

Yesterday I bought my dream car, a 2009 Mustang GT/CS. She's in really nice shape, and I'd like to keep her that way. I've been reading about proper washing/waxing/detailing for some time now and have every intention of doing the work myself. Seems like a nice Sunday hobby once the weather warms a bit.

Here's the thing - I really want to learn to do this right. Due to some ADHD issues, reading about this isn't enough for me to feel confident in my skills. I'm very much a hands-on learner.

Is there anyone in the PA/NJ area that would be willing to spend some time with me and teach me the ropes?

Thanks for the consideration!
We operate in the North Jersey area, and love to teach our clients methods as we detail their car. Some say it is bad for business, but we are car people and want you to know how to keep yours in great condition. Feel free to contact us with any questions!

Dylan C- Owner
Premier Auto Detailers - Home (http://www.thepremiummobiledetailers.com)

Eandras
05-02-2014, 08:13 PM
We operate in the North Jersey area, and love to teach our clients methods as we detail their car. Some say it is bad for business, but we are car people and want you to know how to keep yours in great condition. Feel free to contact us with any questions!

Dylan C- Owner
Premier Auto Detailers - Home (http://www.thepremiummobiledetailers.com)
I am an enthusiasts and ma in the next town. Finally a detailer near me on AutoGeek