PDA

View Full Version : What's next after the coatings craze?

The Enforcer
03-07-2014, 08:04 AM
I find myself thinking into the future a lot, and it's scary to think where detailing technology will be in a few years. 20 years ago everyone just washed and waxed, and that was it. Then came claybaring and the popularity of paint correction and the luxury waxes. Now coatings are the hot thing and for good reason! But what's next after this? Can it get better...?

I see a product that goes on like a coating, but it also has the ability to permanently fill and mask imperfection. Essentially, we will all be wiping on new clear coats and paint correction as we know it will be dead! Kinda kidding here, but kinda not...thoughts?

If they can make products that hide imperfections, and also make products that permanently protect paint for 5+ years...surely they can combine the two!

autoenvy
03-07-2014, 08:09 AM
It's funny that you mention this because I think about it a lot too. Almost like an all in one coating that has fillers. I'm sure if I've thought about it someone much smarter than me has as well and is working on it.

Sent from my HTC One X using AG Online

CowboyTruckn
03-07-2014, 08:13 AM
I saw modern marvels once talk about self healing paint. Something along the line that a scratch or chip bursts tiny liquid capsules that automatically fill it in.

Personally I'm hoping to get rich and just hire Mike as my personal detailer.