PDA

View Full Version : Hello from South Georgia USA!

Pages : [1] 2

Red Dawg
03-07-2014, 12:08 AM
Just wanted to actually post and say hello instead of just stealing your great ideas. I've been a detailing fanatic since before I learned to drive. My Dad told me it was important to clean everything regardless of whether or not you could see it. This drove me to continuously seek to maintain or restore the car back to a "better than new"state.

I found Autogeek.net a few years ago and have been slightly obsessed since then. Is it normal to keep buying different waxes and polishes continuously looking for the ultimate shine? I officially am in charge of two Mini Coopers,Ford F150, Mazda Miata and a Mazda CX-9. Thanks!

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
03-07-2014, 12:09 AM
Hi, welcome to AGO!

jamesboyy
03-07-2014, 12:10 AM
Welcome to Autogeek

03-07-2014, 12:12 AM
Welcome to AGO!

Bob57
03-07-2014, 12:13 AM
Slightly obsessed ?
That will pass :)

:welcome:

03-07-2014, 12:18 AM
Its not even a year for me and I'm beyond obsessed :buffing:

Red Dawg
03-08-2014, 08:21 AM
Thanks for the welcome. It's bright and sunny today so I'm off to get started on the F150

MitchLiving
03-08-2014, 08:37 AM
Welcome my fellow Georgian.

GS2011
03-08-2014, 08:50 AM
Is it normal to keep buying different waxes and polishes continuously looking for the ultimate shine?

Yes, it is a cross we all have to bear here on AG Forum :laughing:

:welcome:

firecorgi
03-08-2014, 09:26 AM
Welcome and War Eagle if your name means what I think it does...LOL!

rockinrandall
03-08-2014, 09:47 AM
OK...ok...the welcome won't be enough now that firecorgi welcomed you!
1st- love the state, the handle AND the truck
2nd- hopefully, your obsession keeps you onboard with the AGO family. More information on here with these guys and gals than you will find ANYWHERE. Products, tools and techniques. Also look up the different photo sections. Some of the members can clean a car and know their way around a camera.....slickooz, I'm looking at you!!
Lastly, firecorgi, as you know your (our) defensive MVP is no longer a Bulldog as HIS obsession wasn't with detailing cars, so maybe we got a shot at you guys this fall!! so long Harvey-Clemmons....

Klasse Act
03-08-2014, 10:23 AM
Welcome aboard, what year Coopers?

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

ConeArrow27
03-08-2014, 11:54 PM
Welcome from north ga! Nice f150 im a ford truck man myself.....GO DAWGS!!!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AG Online

Red Dawg
03-09-2014, 01:35 AM
What a warm welcome including the War Eagle/Tiger/ wait War Eagle,,,just a little SEC brotherly love. I've been exploring the site. I need to post a few pics. Most if my adult life has been spent trying to improve. That includes better products, better technique and new ideas. In the past I've used a lot of Griot's products and I am thankful for learning how to use a DA polisher by their handbook. If a new polish or wax comes out, I'm there. I've lurked and creeped here enough to learn that while I thought I was good, I am still learning. I enjoy all phases and can't wait to learn more. Anyone going to Stuart next week?

firecorgi
03-09-2014, 06:40 AM
OK...ok...the welcome won't be enough now that firecorgi welcomed you!
1st- love the state, the handle AND the truck
2nd- hopefully, your obsession keeps you onboard with the AGO family. More information on here with these guys and gals than you will find ANYWHERE. Products, tools and techniques. Also look up the different photo sections. Some of the members can clean a car and know their way around a camera.....slickooz, I'm looking at you!!
Lastly, firecorgi, as you know your (our) defensive MVP is no longer a Bulldog as HIS obsession wasn't with detailing cars, so maybe we got a shot at you guys this fall!! so long Harvey-Clemmons....

Welcome from north ga! Nice f150 im a ford truck man myself.....GO DAWGS!!!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AG Online

What a warm welcome including the War Eagle/Tiger/ wait War Eagle,,,just a little SEC brotherly love.

A little AGO and SEC...LOL! FWIW I'm a Big Mark Richt fan. He is a class act. It was an incredible year on The Plains and I hold The Dawgs in high regard. The real Red color wearing team...LOL, not that other team from the western side of Alabama. :props: