PDA

View Full Version : Any reason not to opticoat?

sto23
03-06-2014, 07:24 PM
Hi all,

I'm about to have my black CTS coupe and my wife's red jewel Yukon corrected and opticoated. I like working on the cars but realized after starting paint correction on my CTS I didnt have the time or patience. I have been utilizing the two bucket solution and follow what is needed to prevent swirling but both of my vehicles had previous owners that were into letting the dealers wash their cars. I'm planning on the opticoat because my cars are parked outside in the Florida sun and I don't want to have to wax them constantly. Assuming I wash correctly going forward is there any reason why I shouldn't do opticoat? Thanks for the help!

Docpeanut
03-06-2014, 07:29 PM
Cost is the only reason I could think of. Before committing to opticoat check out caquartz finest as well

FUNX650
03-06-2014, 07:38 PM
You'll need to strictly follow the care/maintenance instructions given to you by the Detailer.

This includes that Opti-Coat can take up to 30, or more, days to fully cure.
Ask your Detailer what his opinions/action-plans are regarding this matter.

Bob

trekkeruss
03-06-2014, 07:50 PM
Assuming I wash correctly going forward is there any reason why I shouldn't do opticoat?

Other coatings may look or feel better, or last longer?

Audios S6
03-06-2014, 08:14 PM
Only reasons I can think of:

1. Cost
2. The detailer does not plan to get the surface perfect before opti-coating (I would expect that he can & will perfect it if he is familiar with opti-coat) In this case, find a different detailer.
3. You really enjoy trying different waxes/sealant
4. You may prefer a different coating
5. You are having the car detailed only to sell it