PDA

View Full Version : Help with red blazer.....

dengood1
06-07-2006, 05:08 AM
Hello, next week I'm going to detail my father in law's red 1998 blazer and have a couple of questions. The paint is in decent condition with some etching from water drops. What polish do you recommend to polish these out or should I use a clearcoat compound first? I'm going to clay it first, then polish. I've gathered that the final step should be a good carnauba wax on reds/blacks, just not sure what I should use as a polish to remove the water marks. Thanks for any opinions:-) Happy rubbing....

Thanks,

D.

BILL
06-07-2006, 07:42 AM
Hello, next week I'm going to detail my father in law's red 1998 blazer and have a couple of questions. The paint is in decent condition with some etching from water drops. What polish do you recommend to polish these out or should I use a clearcoat compound first? I'm going to clay it first, then polish. I've gathered that the final step should be a good carnauba wax on reds/blacks, just not sure what I should use as a polish to remove the water marks. Thanks for any opinions:-) Happy rubbing....

Thanks,

D.

First off i'd stay away from compounding if you really don't need too,

NO P.C. machine? Claying, Polishing, Waxing by hand......for starters

for advanced?? there are many products, techniques, someone here will certainly direct you.....

Good luck:)

ScottB
06-07-2006, 07:18 PM
start out with the least abrasive polish and pad and move to more abresive only as necessary. Use a paint sealant for durability, or a wax for looks and depth.

(Finishing Polish ...... SSR ....... Compounds)