PDA

View Full Version : Collinite on matte black wheels??

sledhead1
03-04-2014, 10:23 PM
Can i use Collinite on my matte black wheels??

Znig22
03-04-2014, 10:52 PM
Chemical Guys has a matte jet seal sealant if I'm not mistaken.

jamesboyy
03-04-2014, 10:58 PM
±1 on the chemical guys matte jetseal 109 it may be pricey but worth it

hernandez.art13
03-05-2014, 12:10 AM
Honestly, I don't see why not. I added Meg's Ultimate Wax to my cousins Rx7 wheels. You can see it in the YouTube video I uploaded. Which are matte color too. (Not matte wrapped btw)

It did add some gloss to them but they actually turned out nice looking.

I would imagine polishing them would add the shine more permanently. However, a wax like Collinite would eventually wear off. Also 746s is known not to give as much shine as say Megs Ultimate Wax.

So when in doubt just do a test spot, take pictures and report back. :D

Sent from my LGMS659 using Tapatalk

sledhead1
03-05-2014, 02:19 PM
Sorry no pics, but it turned out great! Wheels are brand new, Revo rx7 matte black wheels. They are the winter set for the wifes 2014 bmw 335i m-performance LSB. It kinda made them slightly darker and a slight shift form matte to satin but I really like the way them came out! Now i just hope it was worth the effort. lol

Desertnate
03-05-2014, 03:53 PM
Now i just hope it was worth the effort. lol

It will be.

I hit the wheels on my car with 845 last fall when I brought the car home. Under rainy conditions, it kept the wheels very clean. Any water or road grime would sling right off. In fact the wheels were cleaner than the car body around them! Once winter really settled in, the salt would cake on like the rest of the car, but they clean up very easily.

I'd like to say it made my wheels look better, but we entered the ice age a few weeks later and I've not really had a chance to see the car clean long enough to judge appearances.