PDA

View Full Version : New? WAX for BMW Matte/Frozen Paint

Pages : [1] 2

swanicyouth
03-03-2014, 09:18 AM
Was browsing BMW online when I came across this:

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/03/yje8yqy3.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/03/4yrusava.jpg

$190 Matte Paint Nano Wax. I thought maybe this would help someone who has to detail a matte/frozen paint BMW and wants to use the "official" stuff. Could be an up-sell, since generally no "wax" is recommended for matte paint.

Bill1234
03-03-2014, 09:36 AM
its probably another brand, that is much cheaper and then rebranded, 189 dollars is a bit expensive

swanicyouth
03-03-2014, 09:40 AM
its probably another brand, that is much cheaper and then rebranded, 189 dollars is a bit expensive

Frozen Paint BMWs are expensive as well. If I owned one, I wouldn't be worried about $190.

What original brand product do you think it may be? Maybe something from EU?

The only matte paint paste wax I can think of is this:

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/03/uvydabuj.jpg

Which would make the BMW stuff a bargain. But, I'm sure there are some I don't know about.

Bill1234
03-03-2014, 09:44 AM
Frozen Paint BMWs are expensive as well. If I owned one, I wouldn't be worried about $190.

What original brand product do you think it may be? Maybe something from EU?

The container looks very similar to p21s containers... idk if it is exact, but most of the time, dealerships just use garbage, or even rebranded stuff.

swanicyouth
03-03-2014, 09:47 AM
The container looks very similar to p21s containers... idk if it is exact, but most of the time, dealerships just use garbage, or even rebranded stuff.

Sorry, BMW car care stuff isn't garbage. I've used several of the items, and they are as good (or better) as any other stuff out there. Also, if it's made by P21S (and it may be), that's not garbage as well.

I have a sneaky suspicion SOME BMW USA car care products are made by (or were made by) 4* and Duragloss.

Bill1234
03-03-2014, 09:49 AM
Sorry, BMW car care stuff isn't garbage. I've used several of the items, and they are as good (or better) as any other stuff out there. Also, if it's made by P21S (and it may be), that's not garbage as well.

never said p21s is garabage, however, dealerships have been known to use something that is not expensive and bump the price up way too much

Desertnate
03-03-2014, 09:54 AM
Aren't most BMW labled products P21s in disguise? Back in the late '90's/early 2000's this was the case with their wheel cleaner. I think they re-branded some Einszette products too, i.e. Gumiphfledge.

I can't say for other auto companies, but VW dealerships (and their official accessory web site) stock 3M detailing products. They don't even bother to re-lable.

Bill1234
03-03-2014, 10:00 AM
Aren't most BMW labled products P21s in disguise? Back in the late '90's/early 2000's this was the case with their wheel cleaner. I think they re-branded some Einszette products too, i.e. Gumiphfledge.

I can't say for other auto companies, but VW dealerships (and their official accessory web site) stock 3M detailing products. They don't even bother to re-lable.

this is true, I have heard from many that the bmw care line is p21s or something similar in disguise. I dont see the point paying 189 dollars for something that is the exact same at msrp

FUNX650
03-03-2014, 10:20 AM
Aren't most BMW labled products P21s in disguise?
Has P21S really started manufacturing/re-selling products for matte finishes...regardless the OEM-relabeling?

Bob

PrismDetailing
03-03-2014, 10:41 AM
I know in the past Swissvax were in talks with BMW about Opaque being sold as an option for protection....then heard nothing more about it. But for the warranty on the paint, it says not to apply anything.

There are soo many brands now with protection for matte finishes.

swanicyouth
03-03-2014, 10:52 AM
this is true, I have heard from many that the bmw care line is p21s or something similar in disguise. I dont see the point paying 189 dollars for something that is the exact same at msrp

Oh, I didn't know P21S made something similar. But, there is a lot I don't know.

Desertnate
03-03-2014, 12:12 PM
Has P21S really started manufacturing/re-selling products for matte finishes...regardless the OEM-relabeling?

Bob

I have no idea about products for matte finishes. I hope I didn't confuse things. I was just responding to other comments on some more general products you could get at the parts counter...of course this was when I owned 3- series back in '99 to '06. The stuff wasn't no-name junk, just reputable products re-branded and sold at a premium.

The Gumiphfledge was the dead give away as it even carried the same name. The difference at the time was the BMW product was in a small bottle with a narrow spout and a black/white BMW branded lable while the Einszette product had the roll-on applicator and their own lableing. The BMW stuff was several dollars more too.

milky
03-03-2014, 12:29 PM
Heard somewhere that some items were from Sonax. Tub looks like Premium Class and P21s' offerings :)

cleanmycorolla
03-03-2014, 02:44 PM
Tub looks just like Sonax Premium and P21S wax.

trekkeruss
03-03-2014, 02:49 PM
On a side note, I've heard BMW's wheel cleaner works just as well as Sonax, and it costs half as much.