PDA

View Full Version : Best interior protector

FRSstyle
03-02-2014, 10:29 PM
I've got very small leather inserts on my seats. Maybe 2-3 square feet of leather. What is the best leather protector?

What should I apply on my dashboard to protect it?

jamesboyy
03-02-2014, 11:07 PM
I would go with leather masters on the leather but if you don't want to spend big a OTC alternative would be Lexol, and for the dash a plastic dressing of choice on my dash I use Adams VRT

TundraPower
03-02-2014, 11:13 PM
303 on dashboard. Leatherique for leather unless you want to shell out for Swissvax leather care.

davey g-force
03-02-2014, 11:16 PM
I've heard good things about the new Meguiars two part Leather Cleaner / Sealer System.

artofdetailing
03-02-2014, 11:18 PM
What kind of car? Im guessing FRS from your user name. Its either coated leather or faux leather. Best thing to do with modern seats is to clean them often with a good cleaner. Wolfgang leather cleaner is citrus based and PH balanced...very good stuff. Protectants will rub right off from the friction of you sitting on the seat.

For your dashboard, 303 is good stuff

FRSstyle
03-03-2014, 12:08 AM
yeah, scion fr-s.

is there an all in 1 product for the leather and dashboard?

yeah, i know it won't be the best quality, but the leather amount is very small.

mdoodle
03-03-2014, 01:37 AM
There are lots of leather care products out there but I like Optimum Protectant Plus and it can be used on leather and dash. Leaves the surface feeling soft, looking natural and clean with a low sheen plus I like the smell.

CG Silk Shine says it can be used on leather also but I don't like the shine so I usually use OPP as an All in One cleaner/protectant on the seat leather and Silk Shine on the dash and trim.

Radarryan
03-03-2014, 02:47 AM
If it is coated leather, which I am sure it is since most automotive leather is, then you can use the same product on that and the dash. I have seen a lot of people recommend Ultima Interior Guard Plus+, and I bought some to protect my dash. I was looking for a product that lasted a long time, left as close to a factory matte finish as possible, and had good protective qualities. I would say it does all of that, probably as well or better than most other products on the market.

In fact, in the next day or two I will be posting my write-up on Ultima Interior Guard Plus+, so be on the lookout for it. I have a lot of pictures and you will be able to see exactly how it looks. If you want to see how it looks on leather, check out this review by Corey. http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/26993-review-ultima-interior-guard-plus-uigp.html

Hope this helps, and I'll try to get it posted here tomorrow. If not, then the next day! Happy detailing! :dblthumb2:

The Guz
03-03-2014, 02:48 AM
I've heard good things about the new Meguiars two part Leather Cleaner / Sealer System.

I use it on my leather/vinyl areas and like it. My local autozone carries it if I need another kit.

For the rubber and plastics I alter between megs ultimate protectant (using megs quik interior detailer as my base) or mothers protectant (using mothes VLR as my base).

swanicyouth
03-03-2014, 02:55 AM
Leather protector? CQ Fabric and Leather.

wytstang
03-03-2014, 09:36 AM
Optimum Protectant Plus (called Leather Protectant in 17oz bottle) or Poorboys Natural Look are solid choices for an AIO interior dressing.