PDA

View Full Version : Schmitt

Pages : [1] 2 3

Largebore
07-10-2007, 07:05 AM
I keep hearing about the Schmitt washing sponge ? What is so specia about it and where can I buy one ?

The_bhoys02
07-10-2007, 07:19 AM
There's the link to it mate The ShMITT Multi-purpose Foam Mitts (http://www.autogeek.net/shmitt.html) i haven't got one but everyones saying that its the bee's knee's so will have to buy it to find out

trlblazer3
07-10-2007, 07:47 AM
The Shmitt is a good wash mitt. You could also check out the new LC Ulti-Mitt. I like it a little better than the Shmitt because of the little blocks of foam can get into crevices a little better. Here's a link to the LC mitt -ULTI-MIT Wash Mitt & ULTI-MIT Scrubber Wheel Mitt by Lake Country IN STOCK (http://www.autogeek.net/ultimate-wash-by-lake-country.html)

ecetim
07-10-2007, 07:55 AM
I bought the Shmitt recently and like it a lot. The soft foam side is just that, very soft. The yellow side is rougher to help you get off tough grime, sap, bugs, etc. I have large hands and there is barely enough room for me to use it comfortably, or of course you can use it without your hand inside. I would recommend it, but don't think it is anything super extraordinary.

The LC Ulti-Mitt looks pretty cool as well, but I didn't have any problems reaching crevaces or corners on my GTO & Accord when I washed them with this.

I will say that there is not enough room in the Black Shmitt (for wheel detailing, wheel wells, etc) for my large hands. It rubbed one of my finger tips a little raw, but it did work very well.

P1et
07-10-2007, 08:30 AM
I have two all-white ShMITTs and two half-white/half-yellow ShMITTs. Great tools, one I wouldn't want to be without!!!

As far as wear and tear is concerned, I just now poked through it where my fingertips are after more than 6 months of washing with it.

D
07-10-2007, 08:45 AM
I just recently got a Shmitt and I love it.

bambo2888
07-10-2007, 08:58 AM
I love both the Schmitt and the new LC, I use them 50/50 and both have their advantages.

devst8
07-10-2007, 09:27 AM
i really love my ulti-mitt! washing is so much more fun now :righton:

6LS2
07-10-2007, 09:34 AM
I have an all white shmitt and it's awesome. Hasnt induced any marring into the paint at all, it's just great. If you want to buy one. do it.

ltoman
07-10-2007, 10:13 AM
I, too, have an all white Shmitt, and I have used it countless times and then tossed it in the washer - it is great!
Thing is, I did notice how it fit my hand fine but it is small for a guy's, like my husband or son. But then again, funny enough, I find I really don't put my hand inside it! It is pretty cool for the price!!

DavidJ021
07-10-2007, 12:09 PM
I like it too, i'll prob get another one and the new Ulti-mit. Kinda wish the schmitt would not wear n tear as easily, but being really soft and able to hold alot of liquid, makes up for that.

The Edge
07-10-2007, 01:53 PM
AutoGeek has them for sale on their site We Are Car Care ! Car Wax - Car Polish - Auto Detailing Supplies & Car Accessories (http://www.autogeek.net) and you can find out lots of info on them from their site or ours at Dedication to Detail - The Edge Buffing Pads (http://www.edgepads.com) feel free also to read the testimonial section on our site which links to many many happy ShMiTT users. The ShMiTT is not to be confused with other immitators who don't use the softest foam, don't have a bug scrubber back, edges, or waffles which we feel are much more adventageous than lots of grooves where dirt can be trapped, and now we have upgraded the ShMiTT even more. All future ShMiTTs are shipping with a larger hand opening, and a soft rope for either using on your wrist to prevent unwanted drops if you don't want to put your hand in, and for easy hanging up to drip dry and prevent it from laying on a dirty surface, PLUS ITS SEVERAL DOLLARS CHEAPER THAN "the other mitt"

supercharged
07-10-2007, 02:59 PM
Never tried LC Ulti mitt, never saw a need to. I really love my Shmitt, very soft, holds a lot of wash solution and is very durable. White/yellow is a must, all white is optional.

Racin10s
07-10-2007, 07:46 PM
Those sound like some great improvements. Makes want to go out and get another just to get the rope.

I love the fact that Edge listens to their customers and continously improves their products!!! :applause:

The Edge
07-10-2007, 08:18 PM
Those sound like some great improvements. Makes want to go out and get another just to get the rope.

I love the fact that Edge listens to their customers and continously improves their products!!! :applause:

Thanks so much for that, it really means alot, I can't tell you! We work really hard to constantly improve and innovate. Truth is, we were very hurt that a company we respected and had a good relationship with would copy the technnology that we innovated and try to push the ShMiTT off the market, but after getting them in hand and testing them, i am confident totally that its not even on par with the ShMiTT but it costs alot more and its not worth getting so worked up over. We decided that we could easily make a new ShMiTT with the same grid pattern PLUS waffle since we have a patent pending on the ShMiTT now, but after testing we found dirt getting caught in the grooves and we did not like how essentially the mit is flat and will trap dirt against a flat surface or trap it in grooves. So in the end we decided we need to listen to our customers and just improve on the ShMiTT concept. We are now even working on both a re-enforced ShMiTT for more durability, and A ShMiTT on a stick! We have also opened the hand gap so it won't be prone to wear on that area but we orginally made the ShMiTT to be snug fit on the hand so it would not fall off accidentally. Therefore we added a soft rope string to the back to put on your wrist to protect against that, and it also serves nicely for those that don't want to put their hand inside at all. Now you can wash with the confidence of having your hand in the mitt since it still can't fall on the ground. Having THE ShMiTT ON A ROPE, also lends itself to easy hanging for drip dry and clean debris free storage where you don't have to leave the mitt on a dirty surface, or let dust and debris settle on it between washes. Its really sweet, in fact I just used it 10 mins ago on my own car! We will continue to listen, improve, and innovate as long as people love to keep their cars looking brand NEW!

Aaron Krause (President & CEO)
Dedication To Detail, Inc.
777 Henderson Blvd.
Suites # 1 & 2
Folcroft, PA 19032
---------------------------------------
( Phone: (610) 583-4883
2 Fax: (610) 583-4885
* Email: aaron@edgepads.com (aaron@edgepads.com)