PDA

View Full Version : What products for what area?

FRSstyle
03-02-2014, 09:02 PM
I've got Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 and Carpro Dlux. Please help me decide what product to apply where.

1. There's some soft tape that runs on the bottom on each side skirt of my car. What goes here?

2. My rear bumper, fog light area, side view mirror, front grill, and window wiper area are a hard plastic trim. What should I apply here?

3. The rubber near my doors creates a seal against the window. I've heard Dlux is a glass-like protection. Would this interfere with my windows creating a seal against the car? Should I use Wolfgang for the rubber trim instead?

4. What should I apply on the headlights and taillights?

spiralout462
03-02-2014, 09:48 PM
Deep Gloss Paint sealant on painted surfaces and lights. DLux on unpainted plastic. For the soft rubber bits I would use something else. Einszett Rubber Care Stick Gummi Pflege, gummi pflege (http://www.autogeek.net/1z-einszett-rubber-care-stick.html) is good for seals. 303 Aerospace Protectant is also popular.

Welcome to AGO!

FRSstyle
03-02-2014, 10:20 PM
wouldn't dlux be better on my headlights, taillights, and other lighting plastic?

03-02-2014, 10:29 PM
DGP on painted surfaces, Dlux for the rest...

FRSstyle
03-02-2014, 10:42 PM
I've never used dlux. Does it create a hard protection?

Would it be okay to use on the rubber trim around my windows even though the rubber needs to create a seal against the window.

03-02-2014, 10:49 PM
I've yet to use it but I know it's quality product. CarPro says you can use on rubber trim so I don't see why not.

FRSstyle
03-03-2014, 12:12 AM
I want to do the whole car in 1 day.

What should I do first? The paint or the non-painted surfaces?

My plan is to tape up the non-painted areas, then treat the paint with Wolfgang.

But when I go to Dlux the non-painted areas, is it okay if some of the Dlux gets onto the painted surfaces?

03-03-2014, 12:26 AM
1 - Are you going to wash and clay? Paint correction? (swirl removal)

2 - Make sure your surface is clean before applying DGPS by using Carpro Eraser

3 - Are you applying DGPS by machine or hand?

4 - Apply CarPro Dlux

You can tape everything off, apply DGPS. Remove all the tape, clean trim and taped areas using Eraser, then apply Dlux. If you accidentally hit the paint with Dlux, wipe it off right away.

Remember, sealants and coatings need a clean surface to properly bond.

FRSstyle
03-03-2014, 01:43 AM
yeah, i'm doing a wash, clay, and then another wash.

no polish.

straight to paint sealant by hand.

03-03-2014, 07:40 PM
Definitely would like to hear your thoughts regarding CarPro Dlux...

FRSstyle
03-08-2014, 08:00 PM
Would anything bad happen if I applied dlux to trim/headlights that had some paint sealant and finger oils?

I tried to be careful, but I got paint sealant on my trim.

I'm gonna apply the dlux next week.

FRSstyle
03-09-2014, 03:04 AM
actually i coated my wheels with paint sealant and didn't think i was gonna apply dlux to the wheels.

but now i want to coat my wheels with dlux. can i go ahead and apply the dlux next week?