PDA

View Full Version : FB page and website critique

Pages : [1] 2

86zguy
03-02-2014, 07:35 PM
25522 hey fellow detailers just want everyones opinions on my facebook page as well as my website and prices. business has gone up a lot recently and this year im going to be using part of my mechanics shop for a royalty. most of my business has been word of mouth and i give business cards to clients after doing the work. i appreciate all input and any suggestions will be taken seriously! thanks in advance! also attached is a copy of my business card

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Auto-Details/212405095614648

autodetails.webs.com

HD.Detailing
03-02-2014, 08:41 PM
welcome.. prices are way too low.

thebamboo23
03-02-2014, 08:47 PM
paying for your own domain name (and email address) will look a lot more professional, imo

Yeah, prices look super low. I dont know how your market is down there, but I would try and make it an hourly rate anywhere from $25-$35 an hour

Znig22
03-02-2014, 11:44 PM
I liked your Facebook page, I do believe your pricing is way off, I am not one to critique and do not know exactly what your doing/using.

86zguy
03-03-2014, 10:00 AM
thank you for the input being that im just starting out im going to wait for a domain name. im glad to hear my prices are low in that i have room to go up. the reason for my low prices is because most of the people in my area dont understand what it takes to do a good detail so i have to stay competitive with the big guys. i usually go and look at the vehicle and provide a quote before detailing and i normally charge a little bit more. also because i still live at home i dont have the overhead that most shops do so i usually can get about $25 an hour, however that will change now that i have a shop too, so definitely something to look at for next year. are all my packages priced too low? or just some?

Pureshine
03-03-2014, 11:26 AM
Looks good I agree with everyone! These are some examples prices does depend on the area you live in.

Wash/wax $35 Mines starts at $105
Any paint correction should at least be $45-65hr
a complete interior should at least start at $150

86zguy
03-03-2014, 11:43 AM
Yea I definitely cant charge that much in my area but I think I could get away with a bit more if I really market it properly and show the quality and benefits by coming to me instead of joe blow

Andrew@ToyMotorsports
03-03-2014, 06:42 PM
i would have to agree with everyone else that your prices are low. but i can understand the thought process with starting out and having low prices. it can affect you you can lose customers when you raise the price down the road if your doing great work then it shouldn't concern you because customers that appreciate your hard work will keep coming back. i woukld suggest you take better pictures of the vehicles maybe provide some before and after shots. have seperate albums for example a paint correction album split a cars hood in half and show a compunded side compared to thenon compounded side. have an album just for your wheel polishing and so on and so forth you need to sell yourself and your work. just seeing a shot or two doesnt do much justice for your work if everyone had a sense of the condition of the vehicle before it was taken to you they would have greater appreciation for what you do.

86zguy
03-03-2014, 09:54 PM
i like the album idea ill definitely do that in the future! i also thought of having a black car hood from a junk yard and hanging it in the shop with sections with each thing i do as an example that you can actually see without doing it to the customers car first. my plan is to build a customer base and really get a lot of repeat customers so i can safely raise the prices. a lot of times ill cut a customer a good deal on the first car if i know he plans to bring me more work. i did this with one client and his truck, next day he wanted me to do his wife's car and there RV

rustytruck
03-04-2014, 07:21 AM
I just Google searched your area, prices do seem to be low in your part of the country. Even the established places have fairly low prices (not as low as yours) That being said, you must be in a big tractor trailer area because a lot of shops seem to be going after TT and big box trucks. That might be something you want to look at.

86zguy
03-04-2014, 10:33 AM
Yea its a lot of landscaping companies actually hooked up with one last year to do there trucks worked out well good money in that. Right now im trying to hook up with a high end used car dealership but they send a lot of work to a local shop that does details for 100 a car its hard to compete with that and they do the exotics in house which would be my best bet to get.

HateSwirls
03-04-2014, 11:13 AM
Since getting my FB up and running it took off.
I've already picked up four jobs because of it.

Now I want my on Website.

Who has the best deal in providing a site?

HateSwirls
03-05-2014, 07:24 PM
IMO I don't think I'm a dumb man but I'm having all sort of trouble setting up a simple website by Wix.

I got as far as my header, my business name on the left and contact on the right.
What the heck?
Can someone PLEASE help?:(

Eric M.
03-05-2014, 07:29 PM
I used snap pages and I believe some others on here use it also. It takes a bit to get the hang of it but I have zero skills but if I can create a page so can you :)

wrb_subie
03-05-2014, 08:15 PM
At those prices wish you were close you could do mine.