PDA

View Full Version : Deposit for services

Ao1051
03-02-2014, 11:54 AM
Do any of y'all require a deposit when people schedule a detailing if so how do you do it? I have had 5 no shows out of 5 appts. Help please

Flash Gordon
03-02-2014, 11:59 AM
Do any of y'all require a deposit when people schedule a detailing if so how do you do it? I have had 5 no shows out of 5 appts. Help please

I haven't had this happen to me in a very long time. I make contact the day before our scheduled appt. If they want to back-out this is the time

Ridiculous IMO having someone sign a contract/place a deposit for a detail. If I have too much trouble out of them I'll tell them to kick bricks

Ao1051
03-02-2014, 12:02 PM
I contact them the day before and they say yep I'll be there... And 10 am comes 11 am comes 12 comes and no show... Not even a courtesy call/text

PrismDetailing
03-02-2014, 12:02 PM
I used to take deposits, but as most people paid in cash and not card, I was paying for the facility and it wasnt worth it.

I do know of a company who will expect you to pay in full when booking the job. I thought that was crazy but they dont struggle taking payment from anyone and that means they will not cancel.

Just02896
03-02-2014, 12:07 PM
If your clients are giving you that much trouble, you might consider charging a booking fee that is non-refundable if they no show but will be applied to the cost of the detail when they show up or reschedule.

Ao1051
03-02-2014, 12:24 PM
So charging a booking fee isn't a bad idea? This is my second year doing this and last year I had 3 the whole year... This year 5 in 4 days of being open... Smh

Flash Gordon
03-02-2014, 12:32 PM
So charging a booking fee isn't a bad idea? This is my second year doing this and last year I had 3 the whole year... This year 5 in 4 days of being open... Smh

Try calling the day before. Remind them that you are nailing down tomorrows schedule and was calling/texting/emailing to confirm that this date is still good for them

Ao1051
03-02-2014, 02:07 PM
These people are shady up here. I will try that. I figured trying to get a deposit and saying its nonrefundable would weed out the people who aren't serious and the competitors calling to book bogus appts. There is a shop up here that does it

Flash Gordon
03-02-2014, 02:12 PM
These people are shady up here. I will try that. I figured trying to get a deposit and saying its nonrefundable would weed out the people who aren't serious and the competitors calling to book bogus appts. There is a shop up here that does it

I'm afraid you will weed out some potential good customers practicing this method. Try the reminder call the afternoon before

master detailer
03-02-2014, 02:29 PM
if you ask me 5 is to much.it maybe other detailers doing this to you.I have had that and I got to the bottom of it real fast.If there is know i d onthe phone or blocked.Then I also google the # tomake sure they are not other detailers.When I found the guy I told him I was on to him and would make him pay one way or the other it stopped.Also I dubble book a lot and tell them if your not here by 8am I will go to the next job. On there big jobs like boats and rvs they have to get in line and if its not here you go to the back of the line.You cant sit there with know work.