PDA

View Full Version : Picked up some stuff localy

Pages : [1] 2 3

Nica
07-09-2007, 08:43 PM
Just wanted to share a few things I got my hands on locally, some stuff that came highly recommended from the shop I visit once a week (or more).

Take a look at the pictures.

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q122/Nica03151979/Megs%20order%20localy/DSC03099.jpg

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q122/Nica03151979/Megs%20order%20localy/DSC03106.jpg
I finally got my spur for my wool pads :awesome:
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q122/Nica03151979/Megs%20order%20localy/DSC03108.jpg

Now the Meg's Trim Detailer and Metal Polisher are the ones that came higly recommended so I thought why not try them and see if I like them, never know till you try. Oh if any one has used these two before please give me some feed back, like or no like, good or no good.

Oh and as you can see I like Meg's APC :righton:

Just thought I'd share.

If an

ltoman
07-09-2007, 09:24 PM
oh my lordy that is some big bottle of apc! carlos, it is time to open up nica's detailing!

richy
07-09-2007, 09:28 PM
The spur is an absolute necessity..I've had mine for years..my 3 yr old loves to play with it too:D

Nica
07-09-2007, 09:37 PM
Lauren - I love the APC, very versatile chemical and can be used for anything....Nica's detailing....not a bad ring to it but no...I just do it for fun, I don't know if I would want to do it as a business. Maybe open a shop and have someone else run it I'm contemplating that idea but still have the thinking cap for now.

richy - Yes the spur is really necessary, I was using a friends of mine becuase I had to get the body shop that I go to order me one. They are cheap but apperently hard to get here, or maybe it was just my luck. I'll have to get another...just in case my little girl decides to grab it and play with it ;)

sneek
07-09-2007, 09:48 PM
:P I am still working on getting my hands on the new Meguiar's Detailer Line. Congrats on getting 5 Gallons!!

BTW: want to get together Thurs? I'm tired and too lazy to PM :P

ltoman
07-09-2007, 11:34 PM
nica - -
I don't get it. What is the spur for?

sneek
07-09-2007, 11:39 PM
The spur is for wool pads, it kicks out loose fibers and residual compound. You need to use goggles when using them because fur gets everywhere.

Tinpan
07-09-2007, 11:51 PM
The AG pad cleaning bucket from LC. If you like to use wool pads this baby is a winner.You can delint your pads before use and clean them and not take a bath ( you know the white strip from head to toe after you wash a pad and pull the trigger)works on foam very well too , well worth the bucks, snappy clean is a wonder on cleaning the pads , just a really cool invention for pad cleaning without using the kitchen sink, just my a cent and a half :cheers:

supercharged
07-10-2007, 01:05 AM
5 gallon bucket of APC? That's gonna last you a while.
I used Megs trim detailer, and it did a fine job. I also have a 32 oz bottle of #38 (discontinued) from their pro line. The one from consumer line (black bottle) I like better then #38.

davet
07-10-2007, 05:29 AM
Another nice buy Nica

Nica
07-10-2007, 09:29 AM
sneek - Thursday, should be able to work something out. Let me know what time and where...you got my number right? Can't remember if I gave you my number.

ltoman - Yup, what sneek said. It's a way to clean the wool pads, that's all oh and yea you do need to wear goggles, I made the mistake of not wearing them and got a bunch of gunk in my eyes. Hey I like your avatar Lauren, looks good. I also noticed you read the review on the rotary there and I see yoru coming around with the rotary's. To be honest Lauren, rotary's aren't that bad. It's easy, now that you got the hang of the PC the rotary will be no problem for you.

Tinpan - That's the next thing I'll be getting, I'm trying to see if I can find it localy but so far no luck. I may have to order it in. I saw a video of the bucket in action and man what a time saver and it makes cleaning so easy. I'll be getting is shortly. Thanks for the tip though, greatly appresiated my friend.

supercharged - Yup, I'm hoping that the APC will last me a wile. Prior to this 5 gallon bucket I used purchased a 1L container and I went through it fast. I just like using it for allot of different things. Oh and thanks for the feed back on the trim detailer. I don't think I've ever seen #38, but I'll be using the trim detailer till I run out...the other product I'm going to be ordering is Black Again. I've heard really good things about it but I'll see how trim detailer does, if it does good then I won't order the Black Again product.

davet - Thank you.

pirex
07-10-2007, 09:33 AM
Sweet products Nica ;) I have to get me a spur soon to! Megs APC is great, I got the 1 gallon from AG, it goes empty pretty fast! Let me know how you like the Trim detailer and the chrom polish :)

Nica
07-10-2007, 09:43 AM
pirex - will do bro, looking forward to the weekend where I'll be finishing the vehicle I started this past weekend :righton: and I'll use these new products.

ltoman
07-10-2007, 10:10 AM
[quote=Nica]sneek - Thursday, should be able to work something out. Let me know what time and where...you got my number right? Can't remember if I gave you my number.

ltoman - Yup, what sneek said. It's a way to clean the wool pads, that's all oh and yea you do need to wear goggles, I made the mistake of not wearing them and got a bunch of gunk in my eyes. Hey I like your avatar Lauren, looks good. I also noticed you read the review on the rotary there and I see yoru coming around with the rotary's. To be honest Lauren, rotary's aren't that bad. It's easy, now that you got the hang of the PC the rotary will be no problem for you.

[quote]
Yah, right! lol Umm, I am not so sure about that one, Nica!

dengood1
07-10-2007, 10:31 AM
how do you get the product from the 5 gallon bucket? Is there a built in spout or something?