PDA

View Full Version : Is there a Hydr02 equivalent that's more cost effective?

Pages : [1] 2

Kaban
03-01-2014, 11:27 PM
Does any one know of any similar products to CarPro's Hydr02 that cost less but still give similar results/durability, but are more cost effective?

Or maybe something that could be bought in a gallon?

EVOlved
03-01-2014, 11:37 PM
I think hydro2 is just about as cost effective as most lsp's you'll find once it's diluted and used maybe a shade higher but ease of function vs slight increase in cost is a decision you have to make.

RMM
03-02-2014, 07:29 AM
I think Gyeon Q²M WetCoat may fit your needs: even though it is sold ready to use, it can be further diluted and becomes less expensive than HydrO2 (in terms of durability, I don't really know the effects of this dilution).

Avi@CarPro
03-02-2014, 11:57 AM
The idea about Hydro2 is that its very concentrated ,
we recommend the 1:3 dilution ratio for best durability and hydrophobic effect.
customer ofcourse can dilute it more , 1:5 or even 1:10 !
1:5 we saw good customers feedback with great results.
1:10 some customers use it as QD ( or more likely Quick sealant)
the more you dilute ofcoure will affect the durability life time but yet again will be cost effective as well.
HTH :xyxthumbs:

octane
03-02-2014, 12:04 PM
Best way to make it more effective is to use a good sprayer (fine mist but not too fine) that way it all goes on the car and you use less.

Kaban
03-02-2014, 12:05 PM
Thanks for the info guys.

I think Gyeon Q²M WetCoat may fit your needs: even though it is sold ready to use, it can be further diluted and becomes less expensive than HydrO2 (in terms of durability, I don't really know the effects of this dilution).

Thanks, this seems like an interesting product, however I am having difficulty finding where to purchase it, and it looks like it's only available overseas (outside the US), which with shipping costs will defeat the purpose of cost cutting.

RMM
03-02-2014, 12:47 PM
Thanks, this seems like an interesting product, however I am having difficulty finding where to purchase it, and it looks like it's only available overseas (outside the US), which with shipping costs will defeat the purpose of cost cutting.

:xyxthumbs:

I buy this brand's products in the UK...but everything I buy has to come from far away, so the shipping costs are always present.

Talk to Corey and explain your situation: he probably has a solution for you.

Harry Da Hamster
03-02-2014, 12:52 PM
Hydro2 is very cost efficient. Most people use way too much product. 3-4 sprays per panel, then rinse is all you need. Don't worry about covering the entire panel when you spray the Hydro2 because the rinse will spread the product. If you're using more than 2oz or diluted product for a car, you're probably using too much.

Dr Oldz
03-02-2014, 01:10 PM
The idea about Hydro2 is that its very concentrated ,
we recommend the 1:3 dilution ratio for best durability and hydrophobic effect.
customer ofcourse can dilute it more , 1:5 or even 1:10 !
1:5 we saw good customers feedback with great results.
1:10 some customers use it as QD ( or more likely Quick sealant)
the more you dilute ofcoure will affect the durability life time but yet again will be cost effective as well.
HTH :xyxthumbs:

Good info that I wasn't aware of! :props:

I like Hydro2 a lot and find the best way to make cost effective is get a good spray head that really atomized the product finely and also honing you application method.

WillWashesCars
03-02-2014, 01:24 PM
I feel that Hydro2 is extremely cost effective and if your time is important, then it's even more cost effective. Let's look at the numbers.

Hyrdo2 1 Liter (33 ounces) is listed at $109.99
That is $3.34 per ounce of concentrate

At a very strong dilution ratio of 1:3 we are looking at $3.34 per 4 ounces of useable product.

Most cars can be completed using roughly 3-4 ounces. Quite a few of us have been able to do full cars with 2-3 but sometimes that is spreading it too thin.

$3.34 per application at 5-15 minutes per application. Let's now look at your average sealant like PowerLock or Blackfire Wet Diamond Sealant.

Blackfire is $39.99 for 16 ounces or $2.49 per ounce

Powerlock is $29.99 for 16 ounces or $1.87 per ounce

Both require roughly 1-2 ounces to do your average car. That is between $1.87-$3.74 and $2.49-$4.98 per application at 1-2 hours per application.

So the cost of Hydro2 pretty much dead on but saves you about 90% in time. And many of us are getting at least 3 months of durability. The key is prep and careful application. As a test we used 1:10 dilution ratio (roughly $1.12 per application) and we saw about a month of real durability.

JHL88
03-02-2014, 01:41 PM
Doesn't Permanon make a Hydro2 equivalent product?

Znig22
03-02-2014, 08:26 PM
I feel that Hydro2 is extremely cost effective and if your time is important, then it's even more cost effective. Let's look at the numbers.

Hyrdo2 1 Liter (33 ounces) is listed at $109.99
That is $3.34 per ounce of concentrate

At a very strong dilution ratio of 1:3 we are looking at $3.34 per 4 ounces of useable product.

Most cars can be completed using roughly 3-4 ounces. Quite a few of us have been able to do full cars with 2-3 but sometimes that is spreading it too thin.

$3.34 per application at 5-15 minutes per application. Let's now look at your average sealant like PowerLock or Blackfire Wet Diamond Sealant.

Blackfire is $39.99 for 16 ounces or $2.49 per ounce

Powerlock is $29.99 for 16 ounces or $1.87 per ounce

Both require roughly 1-2 ounces to do your average car. That is between $1.87-$3.74 and $2.49-$4.98 per application at 1-2 hours per application.

So the cost of Hydro2 pretty much dead on but saves you about 90% in time. And many of us are getting at least 3 months of durability. The key is prep and careful application. As a test we used 1:10 dilution ratio (roughly $1.12 per application) and we saw about a month of real durability.

This is a great breakdown! Thank You

A-train
03-02-2014, 09:09 PM

Yes they do. Permanon Platinum and Permanon 2 in 1 Revitalizer to go with that. They are more expensive but have a much smaller dilution rate. They recommend 5% solution to 95% water. However I haven't done a breakdown to actually see which one is more cost effective.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

mrclean
03-02-2014, 10:30 PM
no substitution for hydro2, just buy it. youll be a happy camper.

WillWashesCars
03-02-2014, 11:29 PM
Yes. In my experience it lasts a few weeks at best.

This is a great breakdown! Thank You
You're welcome!