PDA

View Full Version : help!! fly crap

Pitch Black
07-09-2007, 08:19 PM
Okay guys!! You are going to think this is a strange one.

I recently visited my parents on our family farm. We were on the farm for a week. My new Acura sat outside the entire time and of course got very dirty with the fly crap and dust from the dirt lane. I was unable to wash the car due to water shortages :mad:so the bugs that ended up the finish during the 12 hour drive baked onto the nose the entire week.

Can anyone give me pointers on how to remove fly crap and bugs? I have a 3m bra on the front of the car which also has fly crap on it. I just polished the car before the trip so I would rather not strip the polish off with the clay bar or a cleaner. I know that must sound lazy. I spent many hours last night trying to get the nasty fly crap and bugs off the 3m film.

Any product pointers would be appreciated.

greg'sgoat
07-09-2007, 08:21 PM
Pinnacle safe scrub and Poorboy's bug squash cut 3:1. Shouldn't harm your LSP and will do what you need.

Jimmie
07-09-2007, 08:31 PM
Pinnacle safe scrub and Poorboy's bug squash cut 3:1. Shouldn't harm your LSP and will do what you need.

:iagree: exactly.

supercharged
07-10-2007, 01:44 AM
depending on how bad are your bug you may even end up using Bug Squash full strentgh and yes, that will remove your LSP, even if it is a durable sealant.
try the least aggressive combo first.

Racin10s
07-10-2007, 07:36 PM
I had a similiar problem to this while I was waxing my car. Taking the wax off I noticed several spots of tar. So I tried Bug Squash and the sponge to get it off. It didn't touch it, not even full strength. Clay didn't do anything either, so I put some 360 on a wolfgang finger pocket and it came off very easy. So if nothing else works, this is something you might way to try if you have 360.

Thejoyofdriving
07-10-2007, 08:14 PM
I just polished the car before the trip so I would rather not strip the polish off with the clay bar or a cleaner.
Any product pointers would be appreciated.

Do you mean that you dont want to strip off your wax?:confused:

blue oval
07-11-2007, 02:08 AM
Fabric softener dryer sheets. No kidding try it. Put a few in a separate wash bucket with clear water. Comes right off every time. Wont hurt your paint or shine products finish.

klumzypinoy
07-11-2007, 04:10 AM
How do you do the math for the 3:1 dilution of bug squash? Say I want to do that dilution in a 32 oz bottle...I'm confused about the dilution stuff :(

Gnarboots11
07-11-2007, 02:13 PM
you would use 8oz of bug squash and 24oz of water. 24/8=3/1

ITS A FRACTION DUDE!

klumzypinoy
07-12-2007, 01:18 AM
you would use 8oz of bug squash and 24oz of water. 24/8=3/1

ITS A FRACTION DUDE!

Man, I'm getting DUMB!!! Thanks :D You saved me!!!