PDA

View Full Version : AR383 w/ Foam Cannon - Newbie :)

Pages : [1] 2

davidnolen
03-01-2014, 08:25 PM
Hey guys (and gals)!

I'm fairly new to the forum and this is my first post, so be gently.

I have searched and searched and have only come across one, maybe two posts regarding the AR Blue Clean Foamer Cannon (http://www.arblueclean.com/Products/ar-foamer-cannon-153.cfm (http://www.arblueclean.com/Products/ar-foamer-cannon-153.cfmhttp://)). I was wondering if anyone has used this cannon and if there is anything comparable to it. I am new to the detail world (doing my own vehicles...for now). What got me wanting a nice setup was watching the Chemical Guys YouTube channel. The foam cannon they use looked awesome and is something I want to start doing when washing my car (in addition to other detail work).

I keep my cars pretty clean inside and out, but I think having this setup will help me keep it that way...and add a little fun to it in the process.

What do you think about the AR383 w/the AR Foamer Cannon? I just purchased these, and am waiting on their arrival!

As far as soap, I bought a small 16 oz bottle of Chemical Guys Max-Suds II since I found rave reviews about it.

Let me know what you think about the cannon or the pressure washer. Also...any tips/tricks would be awesome. I'm trying to find some info on the two bucket system and the grit guard, etc.

EVOlved
03-01-2014, 08:37 PM
I own the exact setup you are speaking of it is the same cannon tha AG sells or any of the other companies sells just with ar's fitting on the end of it. It works spectacularly I have only used it with honey dew and let me tell you a little soap goes along way. So make sure you are using mostly water in the bottle I use probably 12 to 1 ratio with hd and foams great.

davidnolen
03-01-2014, 08:41 PM
Awesome! I've read that about the soap in a few places. Cannot wait to get it in and use it!

I'm really looking forward to using the pressure washer more than anything else. Is there anything I need to know in advance when working with the AR383? The pressure adjustable so that it won't hurt my car?

rjd598
03-01-2014, 08:57 PM
It's all pretty straight forward. You'll enjoy the results. Also I don't mean this to sound mean, but I've posted on this topic SEVERAL times as I was the first person to pull the trigger on the ar foam cannon. It's the exact same product as the mtm and performs identical. You have a great setup coming

davidnolen
03-01-2014, 09:00 PM
Thanks rjd598. I guess I should have done a more broad search...I just did a search on the model number of the foamer cannon by AR and that's about it. Glad there are others out there with this cannon that are having great results.

Shaggy1970
03-01-2014, 09:13 PM
I spent hours searching for a pressure washers about a year ago and the best bang for the buck/value was the AR390. Very similar to the 383 but the Hose is 10 feet longer and the fittings are brass instead of plastic, hope t helps.

jamesboyy
03-01-2014, 09:19 PM
Welcome to autogeek

davidnolen
03-01-2014, 09:24 PM
Thanks guys!

I bought the AR383 after the Amazon reviews I saw, plus I ended up getting it for only $117 w/ free shipping.

Seemed like a pretty decent pressure washer for the money.

EVOlved
03-01-2014, 10:07 PM
No adjustable pressure. The only problems I've had are once I put the hose connector on backwards:doh:. And I had to clear the head of the spraying lance with a paper clip. Other than that been perfect thus far.

Angus
03-01-2014, 10:34 PM
Welcome & Congratulations! I've got the 383, Foamer cannon, and have used CG honeydew - all great stuff! Earlier this week I picked up AR's underbody spray wand to try and blast out all the crud from this winter. Can't wait to use it. Anyone have experience using the underbody wand?

davidnolen
03-04-2014, 06:37 PM
Just got my AR383 today! However, its like 30 degrees here on SC.

I turned it on to make sure it worked and it did....thank goodness.

When you stop spraying, is it supposed to make a high pitched noise for like 2 seconds. Sounds like its winding down. Make sense?

Want to make sure that's normal since I've never owned a pressure washer.

rjd598
03-04-2014, 06:42 PM

When you stop spraying, is it supposed to make a high pitched noise for like 2 seconds. Sounds like its winding down. Make sense?

Yes my ar unit does that too

shagnat
03-04-2014, 06:47 PM

Where in SC are you? I live in the "Capital" city. :)

Methodical
03-05-2014, 06:03 AM
That's a great setup. I also have this setup and used it when we had those warm days. It produced shaving cream lather and hung on for a long time. I used 3oz of Honeydew and max setting for the test, but drop down to 2oz from here on out. Let us know how the SCG Max Suds II works with the system.

EVOlved
03-10-2014, 08:53 AM
Welcome & Congratulations! I've got the 383, Foamer cannon, and have used CG honeydew - all great stuff! Earlier this week I picked up AR's underbody spray wand to try and blast out all the crud from this winter. Can't wait to use it. Anyone have experience using the underbody wand?

How did it work?? The undercarriage wand I mean.