PDA

View Full Version : Prices Up on Website or Not?

Pages : [1] 2

fmahmad88
03-01-2014, 06:15 PM
I tried google-ing to see if detailers were putting prices on their websites. Is it a good idea? Can you get away with not putting them up? I want to see what works and what doesn't.

Airforce1
03-01-2014, 08:03 PM
According to Renny Doyle's book he states " If you print you menu in a brochure or on a website, don't include prices. It takes the salesmanship right out your hands". :rulez:

Airforce1
03-01-2014, 08:05 PM
By not doing so, you will be able to price the job before you do it. Some cars mybe worst than others!

Scott@IncrediblyDetailed
03-01-2014, 08:11 PM
I put prices because I personally look else where if prices are listed on a purchase I am planning to make.

I also don't want to deal with haggling, and if my prices are too high for someone it saves me the trouble of answering the phone for people looking for the lowest price in town. I find the people who are willing to pay higher prices, turn out to be long term customers because they care about the quality and high level of service.

I do this part time while going to school, so it's quality over quantity for me.

215Detailing
03-01-2014, 08:40 PM
I have my (DETAILING) prices listed both in print (flyers) and website but nothing listed for Paint Correction work. If I ever get a certified fixed shop I would list by the hour say Detailing starting AT $35.00 per hour and Paint Correction from $45.00 and hour as an example. I tell people now that inquire about interior shampoo service that I start at $45.00 per hour, if interior carpets, mats and seating is not to bad I may reduce the price. If filthy then I proceed as stated above

SuperGlide
03-01-2014, 08:56 PM
People want to see prices. Think about when your shopping for a service. No price no call.

fmahmad88
03-02-2014, 01:42 AM
See that's the thing. In Renny's book it says NOT to put up prices but everyone has put up prices! I understand that when you get someone to call it works out great but doesn't it seem like people are now so pre-occupied that they don't have time to call and ask?

GreatAvalon
03-02-2014, 02:09 AM
As a consumer, I want to see prices.

Some high end detailers in my area have prices over $1000 for their highest package and they have the prices online still.

fmahmad88
03-02-2014, 02:24 AM
I would like to thank everyone for chiming their input, customers and fellow detailers alike! Much appreciated!

GreatAvalon
03-02-2014, 02:36 AM
Happy Detailing! :props:

Jean-Claude
03-02-2014, 09:38 AM
If your prices are on the higher side, you'd better put them up. If you don't, you'll be wasting your time with people asking for the price of a "full detail" and then hear them scoff when you tell them. People like that are not your customer and it's a HUGE time sink to spend time with them on the phone. There may be just about nothing I hate more than someone calling me without even viewing my prices. They are wasting both of our time.

I have done it with and without prices over the years. In my experience, I do not want to convince anyone that is not more focused on the end result than the price to use us. Some things are built into people that the price is the most important thing and having your prices up cuts that time sink from your day. With my not-so-cheap prices listed, if the first question out of their mouth is not "how much is a full detail", I know I will probably earn their business.

Pureshine
03-02-2014, 07:27 PM
See that's the thing. In Renny's book it says NOT to put up prices but everyone has put up prices! I understand that when you get someone to call it works out great but doesn't it seem like people are now so pre-occupied that they don't have time to call and ask?

I don't agree with Renny when your first starting out. Maybe after your in business for a few years and your only doing high end cars. Ever high end detailer by me has prices up on their websites and I don't under stand why you wouldn't have them anyway. The best thing to do is put "Prices starting at" so this way the customer knows the starting point of what it might cost them.

TundraPower
03-02-2014, 11:22 PM
According to Renny Doyle's book he states " If you print you menu in a brochure or on a website, don't include prices. It takes the salesmanship right out your hands". :rulez:

This is pure nonsense. When was the last time you considered any product or service without at least a "starting at" cost.

Gurge
03-03-2014, 08:57 AM
I tried google-ing to see if detailers were putting prices on their websites. Is it a good idea? Can you get away with not putting them up? I want to see what works and what doesn't.

for general detailing work I've got prices listed.

paint correction or Opti-Coat installs I quote on a case by case basis

PrismDetailing
03-03-2014, 10:31 AM
What about "price from" ? then you give an indication of the minimum it will be, but gives you the ability to charge more if more is required, or bigger the vehicle, better protection etc....