PDA

View Full Version : Cure time on bfwd?

jgibson2980
03-01-2014, 08:32 AM
I was wondering what the cure time for bfwd before I can put on an lsp?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AG Online

FUNX650
03-01-2014, 08:45 AM

Which Blackfire Wet Diamond product are you talking about?

Bob

jgibson2980
03-01-2014, 08:49 AM
All finish paint protection

FUNX650
03-01-2014, 08:51 AM
All finish paint protection

For Blackfire Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection (Sealant):
Allow to cure for eight hours before layering/topping---(I recommend a Wax)---if you so desire.

Bob

cardaddy
03-01-2014, 10:38 PM
Depending on temps, 8 hours to 24 hours. Generally overnight will do, but when it's dropping in the 20's at night these days some of the stuff is taking MUCH longer to cure.

We've done a couple cars lately with PBL coating, and even it looking a bit streaky after application because it tends not to flash that well due to the surface being so darned cold. FWIW the streaks all go away once we get it warmed up, but we did have a big scare a few weeks ago.

We had coated it (a Jag) the day before and was going to pull it out and lightly dust it with the PBL QD spray. But because that bottle and the "booster" bottle are the same my son got them mixed up. Then once he went to putting the QD spray on his towel and going around the car he managed to pick up the 'booster' and when that sprayed it didn't atomize but it squirted like from a squirt gun! That wet the towel something FIERCE. Him, not knowing any difference.... continued along his merry way. The towel was a 700 super plush btw. Then once I came out and started looking at the car I about FLIPPED OUT! (Well... I actually DID flip out, just not at him.) :eek: I was flipping out at the product.

The 'booster' ended up laying on top of the fresh coating. It was streaked and smeared like you wouldn't friggin believe! OMG was it bad! It was worse than bad, it was horrific. (At least on a black car it was.) :rolleyes:

We ended up having to wipe it jusssssssst a bit harder than we would have liked. ;) Thank goodness for 700 GSM towels!:xyxthumbs: We could have called for a rollback that day to come deliver the car back to the shop, (which is what we planned on doing). But being as it was a Saturday we just kept it till Monday and let the product cure for another 48 hours. By Sunday afternoon it looked a ton better, and Monday morning you would never know.

(Props again to Nick for replacing that troublesome bottle of PBL Booster. And of course now it's just about time to get my next bottle of paint coating.) ;)

03-01-2014, 11:22 PM

Regardless of the directions on the bottle, I personally wait 24 hours.

Depending on temps, 8 hours to 24 hours. Generally overnight will do, but when it's dropping in the 20's at night these days some of the stuff is taking MUCH longer to cure.

We've done a couple cars lately with PBL coating, and even it looking a bit streaky after application because it tends not to flash that well due to the surface being so darned cold. FWIW the streaks all go away once we get it warmed up, but we did have a big scare a few weeks ago.

We had coated it (a Jag) the day before and was going to pull it out and lightly dust it with the PBL QD spray. But because that bottle and the "booster" bottle are the same my son got them mixed up. Then once he went to putting the QD spray on his towel and going around the car he managed to pick up the 'booster' and when that sprayed it didn't atomize but it squirted like from a squirt gun! That wet the towel something FIERCE. Him, not knowing any difference.... continued along his merry way. The towel was a 700 super plush btw. Then once I came out and started looking at the car I about FLIPPED OUT! (Well... I actually DID flip out, just not at him.) :eek: I was flipping out at the product.

The 'booster' ended up laying on top of the fresh coating. It was streaked and smeared like you wouldn't friggin believe! OMG was it bad! It was worse than bad, it was horrific. (At least on a black car it was.) :rolleyes:

We ended up having to wipe it jusssssssst a bit harder than we would have liked. ;) Thank goodness for 700 GSM towels!:xyxthumbs: We could have called for a rollback that day to come deliver the car back to the shop, (which is what we planned on doing). But being as it was a Saturday we just kept it till Monday and let the product cure for another 48 hours. By Sunday afternoon it looked a ton better, and Monday morning you would never know.

(Props again to Nick for replacing that troublesome bottle of PBL Booster. And of course now it's just about time to get my next bottle of paint coating.) ;)

Just curious, how many vehicles have you been able to coat with one bottle of PBL paint coating?