PDA

View Full Version : Does Klasse AIO remove HGSG?

Philth
02-28-2014, 10:12 PM
My car currently has Klasse AIO followed by HGSG. It's time to lay a fresh coat down, so I'm wondering if the AIO will remove the old HGSG, or not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jamesboyy
02-28-2014, 11:41 PM
It may remove some of the old klasse high gloss sealant glaze cause the klasse all in one has some abrasives in it but I would just strip the car with an dedicated wax stripping product then just apply the AIO, etc

FUNX650
02-28-2014, 11:51 PM
Sounds like the KHGSG has been there for awhile.

If so:
Then it's probably been eroded to the point where K-AIO,
and a polishing pad, should suffice in preparing the paint
for another application of KHGSG.

JMO.

Bob

RMM
03-01-2014, 11:17 AM
It may remove some of the old klasse high gloss sealant glaze cause the klasse all in one has some abrasives in it ...

This is incorrect: KAIO does not have any abrasives in it - it has chemical cleaners. Combined with the right pad, the combo will cut, but not due to KAIO.

Klasse Act
03-01-2014, 11:40 AM
This is incorrect: KAIO does not have any abrasives in it - it has chemical cleaners. Combined with the right pad, the combo will cut, but not due to KAIO.

Agreed!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

jamesboyy
03-01-2014, 11:46 AM

Oh ok I understand now thank you for that clarification RMM

Philth
03-01-2014, 12:39 PM
Thanks all.

I have a white pad for my Porter Cable that I was planning on using for Klasse AIO. Do you think this combo is abrasive enough to remove the HGSG? I don't mind buying another product, such as the Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish or the Wolfgang Polish Enhancer, but don't want to buy something that isn't necessary. (I was thinking of trying the entire Blackfire line anyhow...sealant, etc.)

1fastTbird
03-09-2014, 07:56 PM
To take this one step further: does everything need to be stripped off of can you just lay down a fresh layer of SG? I ask because I have just started using the Klasse twins myself and don't have experience when it comes time to recoat.

gtopont
01-30-2022, 10:25 AM
you are exactly right !!!! anyways first the aio then the klasse sealent a few coats === 12 hrs later or better yet 24 hrs later even better 3 plus days later