PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a light swirl remover...

MrOneEyedBoh
02-28-2014, 06:01 PM
Hey guys,
I polish my truck using the PB line up, specifically the SSR line. I liked it thought it did dust a bit IMO. Maybe I was working the polish too long... ANyway, thats not a complaint to me. What Im wondering is this. Come spring, I wanted to buff my truck again and get it looking great again. I have the whole SSR line, 1-2-3-Master Cut.

My truck isnt bad at all, but over the year or so, it has gotten a few swirls here and there. Id like to get rid of them come Spring time. Is there a recommendation on what product to use that doesnt dust? Also, what pad should I use? I dont mind using the SSR1, but the no dust would be nice...

Thanks.

inDetail
02-28-2014, 06:19 PM
Optimum Hyper Polish won't dust on you.
I use CG V series polishes and never have a dusting problem They are oil rich and a wipe down is always needed. Some other have said differently.
The other option is just do a wipe down you can use IPA, Eraser or Griot's Pre-wax cleaner.

JHL88
02-28-2014, 06:27 PM
car pro REFLECT

MrOneEyedBoh
02-28-2014, 06:41 PM
Thanks guys. I dont mind wiping down after polishing. I would be waxing anyway after, so that would be just fine. I have IPA, Reload and Pre-wax cleaner.

right here? Optimum Hyper Polish Spray, Optimum spray polish, hyper spray polish, Optimum car polishes (http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-hyper-polish-spray.html)

which pad and speed? I have LC flat pads

addysdaddy
02-28-2014, 07:26 PM
In the light polish department,here are a few of my favorites in no particular order: All are excellent and will accomplish the task.
Sonax 3/6 Menzerna 4000 Meg M205 Optimum Hyper Polish & Wolfgang Swirl Remover.

ken tuep
02-28-2014, 07:33 PM
I'll second M205,and wolfgang total swirl remover.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using AG Online

MrOneEyedBoh
02-28-2014, 07:33 PM
Will the OPT hyper polish remove LSP like Opti-seal, waxes etc? Or is something more aggressive needed? If so what would I use? Again its gotta be something low dusting if possible, non-staining, and something that will also remove list marring/scratches. Im going to use SSR2 on the deeper stuff. Also pad recommendation.