PDA

View Full Version : 205 on a orange pad

Pages : [1] 2

CowboyTruckn
02-28-2014, 12:20 AM
Does anyone have experience with this combo. I'm looking for something with a bit more bite than the white 205 combo but still finished down to lsp ready.

BrutalNoodle
02-28-2014, 12:37 AM
Have you seen CM8 6MT's write up?

Maximize Your Product's Full Potential (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/59393-maximize-your-product-s-full-potential.html)

One of the best articles on here, IMO. :dblthumb2:

jmfp
02-28-2014, 05:10 AM
I've used 205 with an orange pad a lot. It is a great combo. I've been using 205 with a hydro tech cyan pad with great success lately.

Its crazy how versatile of a product 205 is. Love that stuff

jamesboyy
02-28-2014, 06:28 AM
M205 works very great together with orange pad, and if there's not major defects you can actually use M205 as an one step, and come out pretty close to perfect

HateSwirls
02-28-2014, 07:07 AM
Using the Meguair's 205 Ultra Fine Polish along with an orange pad works well on removing light defects.
I follow up with the white pad again using the 205, you'll be impressed with this combo.

I have plans to use the 205 with an orange pad then follow up using Optimim Finish Polish using a white pad.
Interested in what kind of results I'd get.
I'd do this on a car with light defects, I have a red Nissian SUV to do tomorrow , red in color.
The car belongs to an older lady , we agreed per her monthly fixed income just to wash, clay and seal but I may polish out the hood for testing purposes and to add shine to the front of the car.
If it makes a Hugh difference I'd work the rest of the car using the Meguiar's D151, wouldn't take long to do so being I'd skip out on the roof.
I have a soft heart when it comes to people like her,she's old and alone so I'd like to make her day:)
I only have two other small jobs to do this weekend so I don't mind spending an extra two hours if needed, if the hood doesn't make the rest of the car look bad then I'll only do the hood but knowing me I'll do it all:)

Extreme Radiance
02-28-2014, 07:43 AM
I might add that one could use Meguiars M3 after M205. M3 is a polish with less abrasive than 205. M3 makes a good jewel polish. Be sure to use a finishing pad or a jeweling pad with M3.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AG Online

zmcgovern45
02-28-2014, 08:28 AM
M205 + Orange Light Cutting pad is a fantastic one-step combination. I use this quite often!

Dogfather
02-28-2014, 08:49 AM
Maybe a tangerine would give you a little more bite than white and finish nicely.

The Critic
02-28-2014, 09:17 PM
There's a thread on MOL right now where one detailer used M205 and a DMF6 on a Rupes 21 to remove some nasty defects. These are defects that people would normally reach for wool to remove.

Depending on how you use M205, it may/may not finish down LSP ready. Each person's definition of LSP is different, but I've rarely found M205 to finish adequately.

conquistador
02-28-2014, 09:25 PM
There's a thread on MOL right now where one detailer used M205 and a DMF6 on a Rupes 21 to remove some nasty defects. These are defects that people would normally reach for wool to remove.

Depending on how you use M205, it may/may not finish down LSP ready. Each person's definition of LSP is different, but I've rarely found M205 to finish adequately.

Pardon my ignorance but what does MOL stand for?

Sent from my HTC One using AG Online

aim4squirrels
02-28-2014, 09:29 PM
Meguiars online

CowboyTruckn
02-28-2014, 11:37 PM
Thanks for the info guys. Can't wait to try it tomorrow.

Paul A.
03-01-2014, 11:35 AM
I've used M205/orange for a LOT of 2 step corrections. Let me qualify that.

I say 2 step because i am using a rotary machine and i don't get the final extreme gloss and pop because of the orange pad, not because of M205. That combo always results in the need for final polishing with either white or black LC pad.

I will readily admit i have not tried the same approach with my PC but would most likely still be looking to correct whatever minor affect the orange pad had with it's harder cut properties over white or black or several of the other softer pads.

Just my experience and sumitted for either agreement, counter discussion or just plane experience "sharing".

CowboyTruckn
03-02-2014, 12:01 AM
I was thinking about following with blacklight. W would you recommend that with a white or black pad? I heard it has some corrective properties. Anybody use it in that manner?

Kaban
03-02-2014, 12:05 AM
I've used M205/orange for a LOT of 2 step corrections. Let me qualify that.

I say 2 step because i am using a rotary machine and i don't get the final extreme gloss and pop because of the orange pad, not because of M205. That combo always results in the need for final polishing with either white or black LC pad.

I will readily admit i have not tried the same approach with my PC but would most likely still be looking to correct whatever minor affect the orange pad had with it's harder cut properties over white or black or several of the other softer pads.

Just my experience and sumitted for either agreement, counter discussion or just plane experience "sharing".

I can name at least a hundred cars I did where orange pad and 205 (or heck even 105) finished perfectly on any machine.

On softer paints, yes it may create haze or micromarring, especially if you buff aggressively and dont let off pressure towards the end of your pass. But on most German paints it will finish perfect, excluding Jet black paint and some softer Porsche type paint.