PDA

View Full Version : Detailing Menu In Progress, Feedback Welcomed

Prestige.Detail
02-27-2014, 10:11 PM
Hello my fellow detailers and weekend warriors, i am in the process of perfecting my auto detailing menu and i am in need of all of your guys's feedback, i would highly appreciate if you guys took the time to read it, I read Renny Doyles book and I am revolving it around his In N Out concept(note.. this is not the finished product) of keeping it simple and being able to mix and match services. I dont really have any add on services as of yet but i plan on adding some later down the road.

Some things that i want in my Auto Detailing Menu
1. Simple, Easy to read
2. Informative to an extent, so that it gives me the chance to educate the client.
3. I want to service the daily driver as well as the luxury car driver

I was also wondering if any of you would have any suggestions on how to price my services?will poeple pay more money for my services? Orange County California seems to be congested with auto detailers that offer 15-20 dollar washes, ridiculously low in my opinion, will educating the client and proffesionalism win over more clients than not?

Once again this is just a prototype and I am planning to fine tune it a few more time, Thank you guys.

:xyxthumbs:

__PRESTIGE DETAILS AUTO DETAILING MENU__

__Express Exterior Detail__

In a rush? The Express Exterior Detail is designed to be fast and
efficient. Using the 2 bucket grit guard wash method we preserve
your paint from random swirls and scratches, we then proceed in
applying a high quality Spray Wax/Sealant, great for cars that need
that extra level of protection to assure that your investment is well
taken care of.

• 100% Quality Hand Wash
• Dry Car with Premium Grade Chamois
• Clean Wheels
• Clean Wheel Wells
• Dress Tires
• Apply Spray Wax/ Spray Paint Sealant*
• Clean Windows
• Wipe Door Jambs
• Seal Trim, Chrome, Bumpers
• Final Inspection

*Upgrade to hand wax or sealant for an additional charge
__________________________________________________ _____________________

__Express Interior Detail__

In a rush? The Express Interior Detail is designed to be fast and efficient.
We start off by adding a quality one step Leather cleaner/conditioner
(if you have leather seats), we also make sure to clean and dress all
interior hard surfaces, followed up by cleaning interior windows and finalizing
with a good vacuum both in the interior and trunk.

• Clean and Dress Dashboard
• Clean and Dress Cupholders
• Clean and Dress Door Panels
• Clean and Condition Leather Seats
• Clean Nooks and Crannies
• Clean Interior Glass
• Vacuum interior and trunk
• Final inspection

__________________________________________________ _______________________

__Deluxe Exterior Detail__

On a budget? The Deluxe Exterior Detail is designed to be cost efficient while at
the same time offering superior shine and protection using quality products,
we start off by decontaminating the paint using a nanoskin pad, this ensures
that the paint and clear coat is at its purest state, we then use what we call in the
detailing industry as a high quality 1-Step, this product removes minor paint imperfections, polishes (creating immense shine) and protects your vehicle
with a nice coat of wax/sealant.

• 100% Quality Hand Wash
• Clean Wheels
• Decontaminate Painted Surface
• Minor Paint Correction Using a Quality
One Step that Polishes and Protects the Paint
• Remove Paint Corrective Residue
• Dress Exterior Trim & Plastic
• Dress Tires
• Dress Wheel Wells
• Clean Windows
• Clean Door Jambs
• Final inspection

__________________________________________________ ______________________

__Deluxe Interior Detail__

On a budget? The Deluxe Interior Detail is designed to be cost efficient while
at the same time offering quality products to rejuvenate or protect your interior,
we start off with a good vacuum, followed up by removing most light to moderate stains using a steam machine(this allows us to cut down drastically on the use of chemicals), we then continue by shampooing all floor mats/carpet and finalize it with another good vacuum.

• Complete Vacuum of Interior and Trunk
• Deep Clean Leather
• Condition Leather
• Clean and Dress all Vinyl/Plastic Surfaces*
• Light Stain Removal
• Lightly Clean Carpet , Floor Mats and Seats
• Clean All Glass
• Finish up with Another Thorough Vacuum
• Final Inspection

*Upgrade to vinyl/plastic protectant for additional charge.

__________________________________________________ __________________

__Signature Exterior Detail__

The Signature Exterior Detail is for vehicles that are in need of some mid-level paint correction, this will remove most swirls , holograms and hazing. Once the wash and
Decontamination process is completed we proceed in applying a dedicated compound, this is the correction step that removes most paint imperfections, we then follow it up with a polishing step that rejuvenates the finish, to finalize everything we seal the vehicle with a high quality sealant.

• 100% Quality Hand Wash
• Clean and Degrease Wheels and Tires
• Clean and Degrease Wheel Wells
• Dress Tires and Wheel Wells
• Decontaminate Windows and Painted Surfaces
• Apply 2-3 Step Paint Correction*
• Dress Exterior Trim and Plastic
• Clean Door Jambs
• Clean Windows
• Final Inspection

*Subject to additional charges based on paint condition

__________________________________________________ ______________________

__Signature Interior Detail__

The Signature Interior Detail is for vehicles that need some heavy cleaning and top notch protection. We start off by first deep cleaning all leather, followed up by
protecting the finished product using a high quality leather protector, the dashboard
vinyl and all other hard surfaces are then cleaned using an all purpose cleaner before they are sealed with a plastic/vinyl protectant. We end the detail with removing most stains and meticulously cleaning all seats, carpets and floor mats.

• Start with a good Vacuum
• Clean all Vents, Dashboards, Cup holders, Door panels
• Protect all hard surfaces
• Deep clean Leather
• Condition/Protect Leather
• Remove Stains
• Deep Clean Carpet
• Deep Clean Seats
• Clean any Glass and any Trim with Reflection
• Finish off with one final Vacuum ass
• Final Inspection

MDX Detailing
02-27-2014, 10:23 PM
I like it. But i don't think vacuuming your customers ass should be included lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I847 using AG Online

MNDSMtuner96
02-27-2014, 10:25 PM
First of all thanks for taking the time to share your menu. I for one think you did a great job on it and shouldn't need to change much if anything at all! Do you have your prices set yet or are they still in the works? Was also curious as to what you use in your Deluxe Interior package as far as a protection upgrade to the vinyl/plastic surfaces. Thanks again for sharing and terrific job!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AG Online

rustytruck
02-27-2014, 10:36 PM
To wordy. I couldn't even read the whole thing. if a customer can not quickly find what they are looking for they will look elsewhere. Keep it simple, they don't care about the grade of what you are drying thier car with. Look at your list through your customers eyes.

Evan.J
02-27-2014, 10:50 PM
Renny's Menu is a great way to get started in making a menu but you need to taylor it to you needs and what your target market is and what you can handle for the time being. Its better to start of simple and add later than start complex and take away or be over whelmed and user deliver to your customers.

Being that your just getting your feet wet with the business its always better to start slow and work your way up.

Do you have all the tools, skills and products that will aid you in all of these packages?

Do you know who your market is? (High-end? Daily Drivers)

What does your surrounds tell you? (Blue collar work community or more luxury homes and White Collar)

Have you done research in what you area is like? Is it flooded with detailers and detail shops and have you done price comparison with all these shops?
(I say price comparison so you have and idea of what other are charging not to just go out and copy what everyone else is doing)

All of these things will certainly help you in figuring out what is around you and how you can succeed. Knowing if you have more mini vans and work truck around than sports cars and exotics will help you set your prices as well. You certainly won't have any mom thats works hard paying the high price for a detail that she does not need.

What and how will you set yourself apart from the other detail shops and mobile detailers? How are you going to attract the new customers?

I am in no way deterring you from detailing but giving you the advice a person needs when things about this as a business.

It very hard when starting out and you will be doing a lot of hard work thats why its important to start of basic and easy then add more as you go along.

As Rustytruck said make it simple. K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Simon (as Mike likes to say). Make it easy on yourself.

Finally don't forget about everything else that you need insurance, business license etc...

Here is an awesome write up that VP Mark has done for the anyone looking to start into this business

$500 Mobile Detailing Startup Simple Walk Through (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-make-money-detailing-cars/64194-500-mobile-detailing-startup-simple-walk-through.html?highlight=%24500)

Prestige.Detail
02-27-2014, 11:54 PM
I like it. But i don't think vacuuming your customers ass should be included lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I847 using AG Online
thanks for taking the time to read my post my friend:xyxthumbs:, so its no go for the trunk vacuuming haha

First of all thanks for taking the time to share your menu. I for one think you did a great job on it and shouldn't need to change much if anything at all! Do you have your prices set yet or are they still in the works? Was also curious as to what you use in your Deluxe Interior package as far as a protection upgrade to the vinyl/plastic surfaces. Thanks again for sharing and terrific job!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AG Online

thank you for taking the time to read my post, as of now my prices are not set, as im still working on my detailing menu, I live in Orange County where the area is congested with lots of watered down detailers that literally give away their services, but i plan on raising the standards and separating myself with true proffessionalism and knowledge. As for youre question, I am not sure i was planning on going out and buying the last products i need to start detailing, i have mostly everything, i am only missing a few products here and there.

To wordy. I couldn't even read the whole thing. if a customer can not quickly find what they are looking for they will look elsewhere. Keep it simple, they don't care about the grade of what you are drying thier car with. Look at your list through your customers eyes.

Thanks for the feedback rustytruck, i will make my menu much shorter and to the point, so that i can explain the services, products and techniques in realtime?

Renny's Menu is a great way to get started in making a menu but you need to taylor it to you needs and what your target market is and what you can handle for the time being. Its better to start of simple and add later than start complex and take away or be over whelmed and user deliver to your customers.

First and foremost thank you for reading my post and giving me some proper knowledge Evan, i am in no way deterred as it is part of the process, with perseverance and dedication anything is possible and that is something that i have in abundance. Now that you have brought it to my attention i fully agree in what you said about starting simple and adding more services later on, i will keep the Express Interior/Exterior Detail as well the Deluxe Interior/Exterior Detail with the interior and exterior priced individually. I want to see how these services react in my local market and create or fine tune other services accordingly, or do you have any recommendations?

Being that your just getting your feet wet with the business its always better to start slow and work your way up.

Do you have all the tools, skills and products that will aid you in all of these packages?
I do have most products and tools, but i am missing a few products here and there that i will be getting soon.

Do you know who your market is? (High-end? Daily Drivers)
Ultimately i plan on targeting high end drivers, but i plan to to have a basic service for the daily driver if there is money to be made depending on how my market reacts to the services that i provide.
What does your surrounds tell you? (Blue collar work community or more luxury homes and White Collar)
it can be a bit tricky, because i live in Orange County California, we have alot of luxury homes by the beach as well as in the hills but unfortunately we also have alot of watered down auto detailers that charge $10-$20 for a basic wash

Have you done research in what you area is like? Is it flooded with detailers and detail shops and have you done price comparison with all these shops?
(I say price comparison so you have and idea of what other are charging not to just go out and copy what everyone else is doing)
i have viewed my competitors prices and they charge well above the street detailer price, so i plan on using their prices as a starting point and find some that best fit me and my packages

All of these things will certainly help you in figuring out what is around you and how you can succeed. Knowing if you have more mini vans and work truck around than sports cars and exotics will help you set your prices as well. You certainly won't have any mom thats works hard paying the high price for a detail that she does not need.

What and how will you set yourself apart from the other detail shops and mobile detailers? How are you going to attract the new customers?
i will separate myself by being as professional as possible, as well as educating and recommending the client in a package that best fits them while offering superior products, i also want to offer great customer service, as for attracting new customers i will let my work and salesmanship speak for itself, i have a few ideas up my sleeve but i am always open to learning new ways that have been proven to work

I am in no way deterring you from detailing but giving you the advice a person needs when things about this as a business.

It very hard when starting out and you will be doing a lot of hard work thats why its important to start of basic and easy then add more as you go along.

As Rustytruck said make it simple. K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Simon (as Mike likes to say). Make it easy on yourself.

Finally don't forget about everything else that you need insurance, business license etc...
im on it, i am currently working on my business plan and marketing plan

Here is an awesome write up that VP Mark has done for the anyone looking to start into this business

$500 Mobile Detailing Startup Simple Walk Through (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-make-money-detailing-cars/64194-500-mobile-detailing-startup-simple-walk-through.html?highlight=%24500)

thank you for the long post my friend, very helpful :xyxthumbs:

Prestige.Detail
03-01-2014, 08:10 PM
Hey guys, so i made a few tweaks here and there. I first started by simplifying my menu and rewording it so that it is easier to read, i also cut down the services that i will be providing to 4, 2 exterior details and 2 interior details, i took evans advice an i will start off slow and work my way up. I also added some pricing, i would really appreciate it if i can get some comments from auto detailers that have been in the business for a while,

my questions are:
1. I will be targeting the Orange County, California luxury car market(do these prices seem correct?) I based them off the time that i would take as well as how much i wanna make per hour.
2. Can you guys give me any input on ways to improve my menu?
3. I am also having some trouble on where to include a machine/hand wax since i wouldnt apply a machine finish unless i decontaminated the paint first. As of now i have it as an upgraded service to replace the spray wax under the express exterior detail.

PRESTIGE DETAILS AUTO DETAILING MENU

Express Exterior Detail
The Express Exterior Detail is designed to be fast and efficient, perfect for vehicles that already have or need an extra layer of protection

• 100% Quality Hand Wash
• Clean Wheels
• Clean Wheel Wells
• Dress Tires
• Clean Windows
• Wipe Door Jambs
• Final Inspection

*Upgrade to machine wax/sealant for an additional charge
*$15 add on for machine wax

Cars: $50.00 ($10.00 for sealant/wax)
Trucks: $55.00 ($15.00 for sealant/wax)
SUV’s: $60.00 ($20.00 for sealant/wax)

Express Interior Detail
The Express Interior Designed to be fast and efficient, a simple detail that will make a world of a difference for your interior.

• Clean and Dress all hard Surfaces
• Clean Interior Glass
• Vacuum interior
• Final inspection

Cars: $35.00
Trucks: $40.00
SUV’s: $45.00

Deluxe Exterior Detail
The Deluxe Detail is designed to improve your vehicles paint by lightly correcting, polishing (enhancing the paints appearance) while providing protection in the form of a sealant/ wax.

• 100% Quality Hand Wash
• Clean Wheels
• Dress Tires
• Dress Wheel Wells
• Clean Windows
• Clean Door Jambs
• Final inspection

Cars: $140.00
Trucks: $170.00
SUV’s: $210.00

Deluxe Interior Detail
The Deluxe Interior Detail is designed for vehicles with light to moderate stains and soiled carpets/ seats. All hard surfaces are cleaned and then dressed, all leather is deep cleaned and conditioned with a quality conditioner.

• Complete Vacuum of Interior
• Deep Clean Leather
• Condition Leather
• Light Stain Removal
• Clean All Glass
• Final Inspection

Cars: $60.00
Trucks: $75.00
SUV’s: $90.00

Prestige.Detail
03-03-2014, 11:43 PM
Bump

daimler
06-20-2014, 03:08 AM
Thank you for sharing this. I'm also doing research on my detailing menu. I'm currently reading Renny Doyle's book that's why I started reading stuff on detailing menu.

jwgreen6
06-20-2014, 07:27 AM
You might consider stating your prices as "Starting at $$$". That'll give you a little flexibility in pricing.

Adding ala carte items such as odor removal, carpet extraction, fabric protection, paint chip repair, headlight restoration and other up-sell services might pocket you a few extra bucks.

If you have a 'vee-hickle' with loads of dog hair, you'll spend at least another hour or two just vacuuming. This happened to me on a F150 extended cab pickup. It had Golden Retriever hair all over the cab almost as thick as the carpet itself and it took me 1.5 hours just vacuuming. I should have charged more for this but I didn't. Live and learn.

Prestige.Detail
07-01-2014, 04:34 PM
Thank you for sharing this. I'm also doing research on my detailing menu. I'm currently reading Renny Doyle's book that's why I started reading stuff on detailing menu.

No problem, these services were just prototypes and have since then improved them to serve my market accordingly, I hope that you can get some ideas out of this but always make your services to work for your market, because not all markets are the same 👍

Prestige.Detail
07-01-2014, 04:40 PM
You might consider stating your prices as "Starting at $$$". That'll give you a little flexibility in pricing.

Adding ala carte items such as odor removal, carpet extraction, fabric protection, paint chip repair, headlight restoration and other up-sell services might pocket you a few extra bucks.

If you have a 'vee-hickle' with loads of dog hair, you'll spend at least another hour or two just vacuuming. This happened to me on a F150 extended cab pickup. It had Golden Retriever hair all over the cab almost as thick as the carpet itself and it took me 1.5 hours just vacuuming. I should have charged more for this but I didn't. Live and learn.

Hmm interesting, I have carpet extraction as an interior service and just light stain removal, with the price going up depending on the severity of stains and carpets/seats. And thanks, I have since then made all my prices starting prices, a few factors that us detailers might take into account before giving out a final interior estimate are

-Condition of Headliner

-Condition of Vinyl/Plastic/Hard Surfaces

-Condition of Seats

-Excessively Dirty- Carpets/Mats

-Kid Grime

-Pet Hair

-Condition of Cargo Area

-Stains

-Foul Odor

thebamboo23
07-02-2014, 09:14 AM
my questions are:
1. I will be targeting the Orange County, California luxury car market(do these prices seem correct?) I based them off the time that i would take as well as how much i wanna make per hour.
how many cars have you done to base your prices off those times? are you assuming you'll take X amount of hours cause that's what other detailers have posted on the forum? and its not always about time that dictates price

2. Can you guys give me any input on ways to improve my menu?
3. I am also having some trouble on where to include a machine/hand wax since i wouldnt apply a machine finish unless i decontaminated the paint first. As of now i have it as an upgraded service to replace the spray wax under the express exterior detail.
i would honestly take that away. Just by the way you're explaining it makes it confusing for the customer. just add a service for a wash and wax

Express Exterior Detail
The Express Exterior Detail is designed to be fast and efficient, perfect for vehicles that already have or need an extra layer of protection<- it doesnt explain what your package offers

• 100% Quality Hand Wash
• Clean Wheels
• Clean Wheel Wells
• Dress Tires
• Clean Windows
• Wipe Door Jambs
• Final Inspection

*Upgrade to machine wax/sealant for an additional charge
*$15 add on for machine wax

Cars: $50.00 ($10.00 for sealant/wax)
Trucks: $55.00 ($15.00 for sealant/wax)
SUV’s: $60.00 ($20.00 for sealant/wax)

Express Interior Detail
The Express Interior Designed to be fast and efficient, a simple detail that will make a world of a difference for your interior. it doesnt explain what your package offers.. and could be misleading

• Clean and Dress all hard Surfaces
• Clean Interior Glass
• Vacuum interior
• Final inspection

Cars: $35.00
Trucks: $40.00
SUV’s: $45.00

Deluxe Exterior Detail
The Deluxe Detail is designed to improve your vehicles paint by lightly correcting, polishing (enhancing the paints appearance) most customers wont understand that while providing protection in the form of a sealant/ wax. you'e describing what you're doing to their car.. they dont care about that. tell them whats the RESULT.. what THEY ARE GETTING OUT OF IT

• 100% Quality Hand Wash
• Clean Wheels
• Dress Tires
• Dress Wheel Wells
• Clean Windows
• Clean Door Jambs
• Final inspection

Cars: $140.00
Trucks: $170.00
SUV’s: $210.00

Deluxe Interior Detail
The Deluxe Interior Detail is designed for vehicles with light to moderate stains and soiled carpets/ seats. All hard surfaces are cleaned and then dressed, all leather is deep cleaned and conditioned with a quality conditioner.This one is a lot better than the others.. but still needs work

• Complete Vacuum of Interior
• Deep Clean Leather
• Condition Leather
• Light Stain Removal
• Clean All Glass
• Final Inspection

Cars: $60.00
Trucks: $75.00
SUV’s: $90.00

Here's an an example for your 'express' detail:
Don't slow down your day. A quick wash to remove bugs and dirt from the your paint and wheels to get your car clean!.. All this while you're buying groceries
- express wash
- clean wheels /tires
- dress tires

obviously you want to put more time into yours. but tell them whats the service about, then list the points of whats included

but dont go over board with the points

- cleanse entire body
- cleanse wheels, tires, wheels wells, and fender wells
- dry with premuim microfiber towel
- apply polymer spray wax
- nourish tires with a non-silicone, water based dressing

Prestige.Detail
07-02-2014, 02:35 PM
Here's an an example for your 'express' detail:
Don't slow down your day. A quick wash to remove bugs and dirt from the your paint and wheels to get your car clean!.. All this while you're buying groceries
- express wash
- clean wheels /tires
- dress tires

obviously you want to put more time into yours. but tell them whats the service about, then list the points of whats included

but dont go over board with the points

- cleanse entire body
- cleanse wheels, tires, wheels wells, and fender wells
- dry with premuim microfiber towel
- apply polymer spray wax
- nourish tires with a non-silicone, water based dressing

The detailing menu that i posted up above was a prototype, and I have since then improved it to my liking. The reason I didn't get too in depth about explaining what each service would provide was because this is not for my website, this is a tool that I use while doing a vehicle walk around with my client, I like to keep them involved and I'd much rather explain to them in words what each service provides than them having to read it

Prestige.Detail
07-02-2014, 02:39 PM
Thanks for your input the bamboo.. I appreciate it man