PDA

View Full Version : Omg my truck got its first swirl mark!

Ao1051
02-27-2014, 09:55 PM
So I meticulously clean my MF towels after washing... And I use ecowash ru by CG and use detailed during the week... Every other day to keep my car clean... Today I noticed my first swirl marks they aren't full circle like one here one there... After I polish these out how can I prevent them even further?

SYMAWD
02-27-2014, 10:02 PM
What MF towels do you use? Is your car too dirty for a waterless wash? The more you touch, the greater chance of causing swirls.

spiralout462
02-27-2014, 10:15 PM
Best case scenario would be for us to not EVER touch our paint. Since that is not an option I try to minimize the wiping, especially in the winter. If I perform a waterless wash it is after a thorough rinse with a pressure washer. The best towels in the world help some but not enough to make me comfortable using a waterless on a regular basis.

02-27-2014, 10:22 PM
:iagree: Have to be real carefully wiping, even tougher on a dark color vehicle...

jamesboyy
02-27-2014, 10:33 PM
Darker colored cars is an 9-5 job you must be very delicate with them, and don't touch the paintwork so much maybe you should opti coat the truck in the spring to put an extra barrier on the paint

Just02896
02-27-2014, 10:41 PM
I agree with the comments above. I'm not so certain waterless or rinseless washes are the best for us guys who deal with winter's salt and sand. I for one don't wash by hand very often during the winter. I'll do a double foam soak and pressure washer rinse to knock the majority of winters mess off and will only do a hand wash a handful of times on the warmer days. Spring, summer, and fall....well that's a different story. :-)

Ao1051
02-28-2014, 09:18 AM
Sweet! thanks.. so I wont wash it until all the snow is gone and temps reach into the 40-50s... There weren't many I would see one here... and one there... but I will polish them out in the spring. then I will use 2 coats of CG blacklight 2 Coats of CG V07 and 2 coats of CG Black wax... for the ultra vibrant paint. And Maintenance washes every week to two weeks. JEEZ I hope I never see another swirl on my paint again!

Desertnate
02-28-2014, 10:14 AM
I agree with the "touch the car as little as possible"

I tried waterless car wash this winter for my black car. Even though I always ran the car though a touchless wash first, I've still swirled the surface. Lesson learned for me. I'll save the waterless for spring/summer pollen removal and just deal with a dirty/semi-dirty car in the winter.

As a first time black car owner, I've come to grips with the maintenance needs now and will shoot for best-effort perfection rather than uncompromising prerfection since it's a daily driver.