PDA

View Full Version : The Forum Favorite Kit

Moises_C
06-06-2006, 09:33 PM
I was wondering if the forum favorite is really the forum favorite, do you guys use it a lot? i see that most of you use another sealant before souveran...

ScottB
06-07-2006, 07:22 PM
the forum fav kit was a super big seller about 2 years ago. Prior to the Pinnacle Sizzling Shine Kit, prior to the Poorboys Kits, and prior to the Clearkote Kit. Overall Klasse and Souveran paste are still very hot sellers. I even remember when this kit offered a free P21S Car Wash, friend still has the box in garage.

scooterguitar
06-07-2006, 07:46 PM
I have thought many times abotu getting it myself, I am about out of my Klasse and want some Souv.

abrcrombe
06-07-2006, 10:40 PM
Get it! Aren't you saving up for a PC? I'd say get the PC because the key to a good looking detail job is the prep work...

scooterguitar
06-08-2006, 07:02 AM
Abr, yes I want it all! THing is, not sure if I need a pc at this point for my vehicles. With the prep I did (AIO, EXP, and wax) they look amazing. I do have scratches, but they are really deep.

Moises_C
06-10-2006, 05:26 PM
I have thought many times abotu getting it myself, I am about out of my Klasse and want some Souv.

As fas as I know, Bluzman has just used WG Sealant with better results than the AIO+SG combo. Maybe you wan to reconsider...

:grouphug:

scooterguitar
06-10-2006, 08:47 PM
AIO is pretty much what gave me the wow factor and opened my eyes. I like because it will really bring the life back pretty much by itself to the old nasty finisihes I do.

joe.p
06-10-2006, 09:28 PM
Abr, yes I want it all! THing is, not sure if I need a pc at this point for my vehicles. With the prep I did (AIO, EXP, and wax) they look amazing. I do have scratches, but they are really deep.
Scotter, if your looking for that WOW factor then you gonna have to break down and by a PC.. if your getting good results by hand imagine what you can get with a PC..:cheers:

The car in my Avatar had totaly flat paint. I polished it up with a PC. It went from flat to glass. It still has swirls in the paint because the paint is a single stage and i wasn't sure how much polishing it could take.

hers a pic of the same right quarter panel in my avatar. This is the original 35 yrs old paint
plus the car hadn't been washed in 15 yrs +
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=332&cat=500&ppuser=31

scooterguitar
06-10-2006, 09:44 PM
That is crazy!
I know, I know...

joe.p
06-10-2006, 10:03 PM
If you go to meguiresonline and go to the trade forums you might find someone from time to time selling their PC..

quikzilver
06-11-2006, 03:46 AM
I noticed on the Dutch Meguiars forum, a lot of people are using polishers you can buy at the local hardware store, like Makita, DeWalt, etc. I think the non-US readers will understand why.

scooterguitar
06-11-2006, 07:55 AM
They're more exspensive. I had looked at all those awhiel back.

quikzilver
06-12-2006, 05:27 PM
Please note I don't want to start another discussion about the price difference. These are just observations.

Currently, the pricelevel for Meguiars in the Netherlands is the US price times 2-3. With this in mind, it gives an edge to look for something with the same fit and function on the local market.