PDA

View Full Version : First real use of my steamer.

kirkatizer
02-25-2014, 09:40 PM
I'm so stoked on my purchase. I got the Dupray Tosca Evo and wouldn't trade it for anything, well maybe other than a hill injection :D. So I did my first interior stain removal on a friends wives Tacoma. They have a 2 year old so there were a lot of stains on the seats and carpets in the back. The front seats and carpets had old mud stains and dirty build up in middle console and dash.

I started with a good vacuum of the carpets and seats. I then sprayed folex and scrubbed lightly then dabbed a dry MF over it. Then comes the steamer. I was amazed at how well it worked and the heat produced. I scrubbed all the carpets with the triangle brush with a MF. It took all the stains and odors out in a few light passes! I was impressed after doing the seats and carpets so I passed over the headliner real quick keeping it moving fast hence I didn't want to disturb the adhesive. My friend was amazed as he watched me do the whole thing as his wife wanted to buy new quality seat covers for $300+.

Atfer the carpets I took the steam lance and started on the doors. Spraying with a constant movement pretty close to the surface then following with a MF. The steam lance easily got into the door jambs and cup holders in the doors, I was very pleased. After the doors I jumped on the center console. It had a lot of build up of sand/mud in the cracks. The steam lance blew all dirt and grim out of all cracks I put it against. I was super pleased with this tool. After restoring the center console I hit the dash with a light spray and wipe down keeping my distance as I didn't was moisture to get into any electronics.

I'm very pleased with this product and would refer it to anyone looking for a quality steamer! Seems like it's built to last. :dblthumb2:

On a side note I've already cleaned 4 bedroom carpets, and 6 bathrooms for customers I already detail for. I've made a good amount of cash on the side. Which got me thinking when my detailing wasn't busy or winter time or bad weather. I could always have a cleaning service it's just as good money and not to much labor hence the steam does all the work plus you can work as it gets dark. I would of never considered doing any work like this before but with my steamer it makes it super easy. I really enjoy doing it surprisingly and the results are night and day.

Thanks for reading!:xyxthumbs:

allenk4
02-25-2014, 11:56 PM
Pictures or else!

minorc
02-26-2014, 07:57 AM
I have the same steamer, I clean my floors with it aswell as car interiors. Excellent tool

BobbyG
02-26-2014, 09:33 AM
Steamers seem to be quite a valuable tool and do a great job at removing just about any type of stain, debris, or contaminates. I've seen them used under the hood with amazing results....I'm wondering if one of these should be on my list of necessities? :laughing: